PDA

View Full Version : Back from Texas......

theavenger333
04-11-2006, 01:41 AM
just got back earlier this afternoon, too bad i didn't get back in time to go to the show :( ahh well, for the bowlers, i was at Nationals in Corpus Christi, TOUGH shot as usual, but a great learning experience. otherwise, a GREAT vacation, Corpus is definatly a run down ass crap town, slums and such downtown, but out on the actual coast, some great resorts. we stayed at a place on Mustang island, and man, what a great deal. instead of hotels, we got these condos at this pretty much Resort/vacation community. 80 degrees and sunny, it was my first time to the ocean too, so i enjoyed it. had a 3 level pool with waterfalls running to each one. it was wierd, i expected Texas, like shrubs and crap, but the coast is obviously different. i'll prob never get to stay at a place like this again, here are some pics. as for ANY decent cars? i think i saw 2 C6s, otherwise junk, kinda disapointed. some guys in a N/A supra got whooped by the rental Expedition i was driving on the way back from Sonic at like 2am :thumbsup

theavenger333
04-11-2006, 01:45 AM
went golfing, rented about 2000 dollars worth of Taylor Made equipment for about 15 bucks, pays to be able to talk the talk! however, pretty sure Corpus is the most windy place ii've been to. i drank easily the medium-large bottle of Bacardi myself, mostly by the pool, and the whirlpool! everything was gated, they were really protective of their guests, aparantly some of the uh..... "not so fortunate people from across the border" used to break in and harass guests and stuff. they JUST finished fixing the half of the buildings facing the ocean, as well as the beachfront. they had to rebuild most of that boardwalk to the beach from Katrina

Yooformula
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Nice pics stevie....

97PontiacW68
04-11-2006, 02:24 PM
you ought to see some of my arizona pictures..

nice pictures nontheless bud! :)

DirtyMax
04-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Nice pics...

How'd you hit em'? Was it tougher than state this year? That shot sucked! :chair:

theavenger333
04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Nationals is a WHOLE nother can of worms..... usually you roll 15-20 pins below your regular average. i came out of nationals with a 175 average, so thats about right, and i was happy as hell. had a 230 as my high, 125 as my low. had 5 opens to end the 125 game, 4 were splits, BIG ones. as for state, dunno, i roll in early may, and i've always shot well, rolled a 300 in Wausau last year

DirtyMax
04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Best of luck in state. The shots are completely different between the 2 houses. One was a flood and the other was do dry, the ball came back warm!

theavenger333
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
good on dry, i can turn the ball to oblivion

mrz28M6
04-12-2006, 11:50 PM
just got back from state steve and both places were a dump imo. carl ray (team event) played much tighter. ended up shooting only 1940 but cleaned house in brackets which wasnt too bad. and the bars in downtown fond du lac are frickin awesome! licking whip cream off the shot girls is fun. hehe oops did i say that. anyways steve what did ya shoot for AE? 1500 lmao. my buddy rob took over all events i see. any fun places to go in CC? i guess they have the public drunk law now where the cops will come in the bar and tell the bartender you cant have anymore? wtf! i'm staying at the emerald beach holiday inn. very easy shot this year!!! look at the scores!

theavenger333
04-13-2006, 04:04 AM
only 1940? dusty what are you on? i've shot numerous tourneys in fondulac, Carl Ray is a pretty decent place. this IS fondlesac we're talkin about. i shot a 1527. All events was Schuh when i left, he's your buddy? as for an easy shot, the scores are low, especially for corpus

DirtyMax
04-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Singles and doubles house was super dry in the middle. But if you got too far outside, there was an out of bounds and the ball never recovered.

theavenger333
04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
that usually the way it is at state, been that way since i can remember. i used to oil that shot for Hank Marino, as well as a few others we hosted back in the day.

mrz28M6
04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
yea stevie only 1940 but i made a ton in brackets and looks like i will be getting a decent amount of money back for prize money. for doubles and singles i had OB outside 8 which made for a strike or washout. 1500 for nationals? lmfao and yes rob schuh is a good friend of mine. should be an easy 1900 this year especially cause the lefties are domonating :)

DirtyMax
04-13-2006, 05:00 PM
1921 is the current cut line for AE Scratch to cash. 1953 for Division 1 handicap.

theavenger333
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
dusty, as usual, running your mouth. funny, i've worked at 3 different centers in milwaukee, run 2 tournaments, and have bowled with some of the best in the state, and i've NEVER heard of you. much less there have been bowling threads on here and you've never posted. if you say you "only" could shoot 1940, then you are obviously WAY out of everyone's league.... now that you did so good in brackets, maybe you can fix your car and stop taking the bus.........

DirtyMax
04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
I can vouge for "Rusty". I've known him a few years and bowled with him a few times as well. I don't see his name associated with 1940 anywhere on the state website but maybe they screwed up?!? :goof

theavenger333
04-14-2006, 05:40 PM
i work with him, and also did not see anything on the site(s) for nationals OR state..... if you're gonna talk shyt about something (which he never stops doing) don't do it about one of the toughest tournaments in the nation.......

mrz28M6
04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
ok how about this little stevie, last abc tourney in reno i shot 1811 which was around 300 more pins than you shot on a much tougher condition. and i'm on the state board now 50th for division one all events, like 40th for team. and like somewhere about 65th for singles division 1. and the reason you didnt hear too much about me little stevie was because i was out of state and didnt live in wisconsin. you will see me next year all over dont worry. any wager saying i will beat you by 300 pins in nationals this year?

theavenger333
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
any wager on how much I GIVE A FLYING ****. i post a thread about my trip, basically to just show the hotel i stayed at, and you come in talking smack about how i bowled? if you're going to talk, then do it about something else, there's a reason its nationals, its meant to be hard. (lord knows i hear you talk smack about EVERYTHING else under the sun) when you bowl 500 bazillion pins over me, i'll dance a little jig, bend over, and drop off something more useful than you. how's the bus btw, seeings how you could'nt even sell your car, because it broke, AGAIN