PDA

View Full Version : Vid of INTMD8 from Speed INC running 200 mph..

Yooformula
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Click the link and dl the vid. He entered into a high speed challenge.. Kudos for building a bada$$ride. Nice to see people putting their talents to good use.

Clickity click for the thread.. (http://ubb.mfba.org/showthread.php?t=41735)

http://www.ls1speed.com/movies/intmd8_199.wmv

CruxGNZ
04-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Holy crap! That guy is MOVING!! Drives 1000 miles only to get kicked out, but what a way to go out if you can't pass saftey inspection :D

Cryptic
04-06-2006, 12:33 AM
kinda hard to look at your speed when your going that fast...

reminds me of doing 100+ mph on a snowmobile with trees 4 feet on either side of you. It's too fricken scary to pull your eyes down

TransAm12sec
04-06-2006, 01:06 AM
How much money does he have into his car?

Crawlin
04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
not all that much considering he does everything himself, and WORKS at one of the nationally recognized ls1 speed shops. the complete restoration he did to the car is probably what cost the most :) it's been a single turbo, then a twin turbo, then the newest form of twin turbo if memory serves me right.

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
not all that much considering he does everything himself, and WORKS at one of the nationally recognized ls1 speed shops. the complete restoration he did to the car is probably what cost the most :) it's been a single turbo, then a twin turbo, then the newest form of twin turbo if memory serves me right.

Chris, c'mon, that is EXACTLY why the car is the way it is, because he WORKS at Speed Inc... It is a 'personal' 'shop-car'... Any way you look at it... If he didn't work there, it would not be what it is...

There is a BIG difference from doing something 'on your own' with your own resources in your own garage, vs a 'shop-build' at a place that does just that stuff...

Plus, I don't think we really need to get into how he did 'research' on other peoples cars because he had access to them and was part of thier buildups... Something that anyone 'on thier own' wouldn't have the convenience of having on hand for testing this or that... Most of the rest of us actually pay for every 'experiment' or change we make, so again there is a BIG difference in how that car came together vs a 'normal gear-head'...

Hell, just look at any car done by any of the folks 'in the business', for example TByrne's various Vettes and other vehicles, or MTI's cars, or ARE's, etc, etc... When you have resources like that as part of your 'business' I would hope your vehicles would showcase what you have to offer...

But again, any of that is FAR different from guys doing something out of thier own garage at home...

Crawlin
04-06-2006, 09:57 AM
First... don't act like what i said was all praising him for his efforts.

Second... his **** was built BEFORE any of the other turbo cars started coming through that shop, so it wasn't him LOOKING at the other cars and using their ideas

Third... read what i wrote again. someone asked about the monetary amounts he's invested and all i said was not that much because he worked at the speed shop. So taking into the consideration of the novel you just wrote, it's EXACTLY what i said. He works there so he has access to certain welders and tools, etc.. Not like you just can't go out and RENT that same ****. And he still did the WORK personally

If anything, the stuff he did on HIS car is what lead to the benefits of the OTHER cars.

Why do you have to be so negative towards other's cars? No where did I praise the car saying it's this awesome, nothing-like-it piece.

Now, I can get along with you... but damn man, why the hostility towards it?

jon_we4
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Chris, c'mon, that is EXACTLY why the car is the way it is, because he WORKS at Speed Inc... It is a 'personal' 'shop-car'... Any way you look at it... If he didn't work there, it would not be what it is...

There is a BIG difference from doing something 'on your own' with your own resources in your own garage, vs a 'shop-build' at a place that does just that stuff...

Plus, I don't think we really need to get into how he did 'research' on other peoples cars because he had access to them and was part of thier buildups... Something that anyone 'on thier own' wouldn't have the convenience of having on hand for testing this or that... Most of the rest of us actually pay for every 'experiment' or change we make, so again there is a BIG difference in how that car came together vs a 'normal gear-head'...

Hell, just look at any car done by any of the folks 'in the business', for example TByrne's various Vettes and other vehicles, or MTI's cars, or ARE's, etc, etc... When you have resources like that as part of your 'business' I would hope your vehicles would showcase what you have to offer...

But again, any of that is FAR different from guys doing something out of thier own garage at home...

Edit - I thought Yoosef also posted this link - http://www.ls1speed.com/intmd8.cfm

Not that it really matters - but those pictures on the page linked are from Jim's home. He has a lift there. To be honest Jim is a pretty smart guy ... its almost scary what he can do with a simple box of tubing and bends in less than a week.

That car is 100% funded by Jim who owns 0% of Speed Inc.

The shop car (which has run 8's and will run 7's) is 100% funded by Speed Inc ... the 59 Impala Twin Turbo Conversion (www.ls1speed.com/59) is 100% funded by Speed Inc.

Another note, the 1020RWHP 1995 Cobra that was just in MM&FF is 100% funded by Dan who owns 0% of Speed Inc.

Its amazing what someone can build in their own garage isnt it ;)

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 10:23 AM
First... don't act like what i said was all praising him for his efforts.

Second... his **** was built BEFORE any of the other turbo cars started coming through that shop, so it wasn't him LOOKING at the other cars and using their ideas

Third... read what i wrote again. someone asked about the monetary amounts he's invested and all i said was not that much because he worked at the speed shop. So taking into the consideration of the novel you just wrote, it's EXACTLY what i said. He works there so he has access to certain welders and tools, etc.. Not like you just can't go out and RENT that same ****. And he still did the WORK personally

If anything, the stuff he did on HIS car is what lead to the benefits of the OTHER cars.

Why do you have to be so negative towards other's cars? No where did I praise the car saying it's this awesome, nothing-like-it piece.

Now, I can get along with you... but damn man, why the hostility towards it?

Actually Chris, you took it the completely wrong way...

I was just saying his car IS what is IS because he works there... It is not a home-built creation... It is a shop-car, that is all... (and it doesn't matter if he owns it himself and built it himself, as at this point it is moot as he is a 'pro' not a novice, since he makes his living doing just this stuff)

And if you notice, I never 'bag' on anyone elses car, as in I never once said his car wasn't done well, nor did I say anything negative towards it...

All I said, is it is FAR different from someone building a car that is a 'gear-head', as he does this for a living... For comparison, I would sure hope to hell Boyd Coddington could build a kickass show car compared to a LOT of the guys that end up pouring thier heart and souls into 1 car they spend years years tweaking to get the way they want... There IS a difference in a Boyd car compared to a custom 'passion' car... Most people wouldn't know or care enough to make the distinction, but then again there are some of us that 'respect' the 'passion' car for the extraordinary effort that was put into it compared to the 'Boyd' class 'built' car... That is the distinction I am making...

So, I was just pointing out ANY shop car had BETTER be something upper-class compared to most anything else out there, but does that make it as 'special'??? That is the key... And again, to most that don't have the ability, skill, nor time to build something themselves and go to the nth degree with it, it probably does not matter, and does exactly what it is supposed to do, draw customers to the business where it was built...

You know me, I have an issue with the marketing end of the world, not individuals personally... :goof

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Not that it really matters - but those pictures on the page linked are from Jim's home. He has a lift there. To be honest Jim is a pretty smart guy ... its almost scary what he can do with a simple box of tubing and bends in less than a week.

That car is 100% funded by Jim who owns 0% of Speed Inc.

The shop car (which has run 8's and will run 7's) is 100% funded by Speed Inc ... the 59 Impala Twin Turbo Conversion (www.ls1speed.com/59) is 100% funded by Speed Inc.

Another note, the 1020RWHP 1995 Cobra that was just in MM&FF is 100% funded by Dan who owns 0% of Speed Inc.

Its amazing what someone can build in their own garage isnt it ;)

Sorry, he is 'in the business' thus this whole thing of it being put off as a 'hobby' car is a joke... That is the point...

jon_we4
04-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Sorry, he is 'in the business' thus this whole thing of it being put off as a 'hobby' car is a joke... That is the point...

Nothing was done on company time and nothing was done with company money ... it's his own personal car which he built the way he wanted to enjoy it. Some people like to have nice cars, obviously it has a bunch of money stuck into it - but he built it all himself. That fuel system was crazy expensive.... pretty much two systems using the expensive lines and all. He just wanted it to look nice.

danimal95
04-06-2006, 10:40 AM
sounds to me like you may be a bit jealous,i dont think you read Jons post when he stated everything was done in jims own personal garage,except the headers due to the fact he didnt hacve a lift at his house at that point.Its pretty amazing what someone can do with a vise,sawzall,and a welder.And as posted above Jims turbo was the first one to come out of this shop so there was no "research"done on anyu customers cars like youmay think.I guess no matter what someone accomplishes there's always gonna be some haters,but i say mad props to Jim,and ill gladley be your co-pilot again when we go to the texas mile :thumbsup

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 10:48 AM
sounds to me like you may be a bit jealous,i dont think you read Jons post when he stated everything was done in jims own personal garage,except the headers due to the fact he didnt hacve a lift at his house at that point.Its pretty amazing what someone can do with a vise,sawzall,and a welder.And as posted above Jims turbo was the first one to come out of this shop so there was no "research"done on anyu customers cars like youmay think.I guess no matter what someone accomplishes there's always gonna be some haters,but i say mad props to Jim,and ill gladley be your co-pilot again when we go to the texas mile :thumbsup

Not jealous at all, just saying it is a 'pro' car, not a 'hobbiest' car...

And, for once I'll make a comment like this, if you think I have ANYTHING to be jealous about, you OBVIOUSLY don't know anything about me or MY car... Thus Chris never mentioned jealousy, he just thought I was putting down Jim's car, which I wasn't, I was just pointing out the 'pro' status of the buildup and to not be so 'amazed' by it because it should be expected if that is what you do everyday...

I mean I can appreciate gorgeous welds that someone can do because of skill, but is there a difference if someone is a hobbiest and taught themselves that skill and can attain those results on thier own time/money vs someone who does it all day every day as a source of income??? Of course there is, as one is a highly honed skill based on effort and dedication, as the other one has constant repetition and experience as the major factors that aide in getting that skilled... In both cases the end result is something to behold, but in the case of the hobbiest it something far more special to those that can appreciate the effort put into it... That is the main distinction I am making here...

Heat Seeker WS6
04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Nonetheless that car is amazing and worth a trip to Speed Inc to check out.

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Also nice to know someone pointed you at this thread to join the board and reply... Probably from Chicago as well??? (if you haven't noticed this is a Milwaukee board :thumbsup )

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Nonetheless that car is amazing and worth a trip to Speed Inc to check out.
Most certainly... It does well to showcase Speed Inc...

danimal95
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Also nice to know someone pointed you at this thread to join the board and reply... Probably from Chicago as well??? (if you haven't noticed this is a Milwaukee board :thumbsup )
yes they did point me at this board Jim is a good friend of mine and also helped me with my tt build and i think that this whole "pro" thing that you are on is very mis guided,he is a hobbiest and was long before he came to work at speed,taught himself everything it took to get the car to what it is today and passed his learnings on to myself and other speed employees,bottom line give credit where credid is due.
And "Brew"citymuscle really didnt tip me off that this is a wisconsin board,seeing that i live less than 10 min from wis.iI dont think im out of line posting on this board

Crawlin
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Dan, I like your burnout video better than Jim's, hahaha

FANTAZ28
04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
WOW 95ta how old are you? you seem like one jeolus person! jims car has been FI before he even worked at speed inc!!!! and just FYI hes a TUNER so a computer geek not a PRO WELDER like you like to think, but hey if my car sucked i would make excuses too!

annnnnd im from chicago too , you know the city just a little south that is about 50 times nicer than anything in your shitty state! OH and i dont work for a shop im just a stupid banker but i would like to set up a drag race with your "BEAST" for lets say ummm $1000? i got a little lt1 on hp!

p.s. the packers got f@cked up this year!!! even your home town hero sucks! like your car!

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 02:24 PM
WOW 95ta how old are you? you seem like one jeolus person! jims car has been FI before he even worked at speed inc!!!! and just FYI hes a TUNER so a computer geek not a PRO WELDER like you like to think, but hey if my car sucked i would make excuses too!

annnnnd im from chicago too , you know the city just a little south that is about 50 times nicer than anything in your shitty state! OH and i dont work for a shop im just a stupid banker but i would like to set up a drag race with your "BEAST" for lets say ummm $1000? i got a little lt1 on hp!

p.s. the packers got f@cked up this year!!! even your home town hero sucks! like your car!

Too funny.. some of the chi-town idiots come around a knockin... Like it matters...

Sorry, the locals can't get a rise out of me, you can't either... You most certainly are the one that needs to grow up...

I just love you just alienated yourself by attacking every other Wisconsin member of this board with such stupidity... :loser

Plus, to clarify, I never said he was a pro welder at all, I used that as an EXAMPLE... Please read and comprehend before you make foolish statements... :nutkick

Yooformula
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow, nice to see how far threads can get out of hand around here...:rolleyes: Even with spring in the air:confused

wikked
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
obligatory :popcorn

FANTAZ28
04-06-2006, 02:29 PM
I DID read it , you sound like an idiot just saying because he works for a shop that its a shop car! the car was built at HOME for the most part! and you sound like a jeolus little girl!
its not jims fault that your not smart enough to have a fast car! don't hate on other people just cause you dont have what they have!

p.s. are we drag racing?

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I DID read it , you sound like an idiot just saying because he works for a shop that its a shop car! the car was built at HOME for the most part! and you sound like a jeolus little girl!
its not jims fault that your not smart enough to have a fast car! don't hate on other people just cause you dont have what they have!

p.s. are we drag racing?

And you are part of the idiot group that likes to play games and ignore reality... His car is built the way it is because he works for a speed shop with all the shops resources (including discounts on parts/free parts/tools/lifts/facilities/etc...)...

Just look at Grim Reaper 7.0 on here, he OPENLY admits to receiveing a ton of stuff as part of his 'job' for a major vendor...

Some of us actually work our ass off to accomplish something, with limtied resources adn still come out with an excellent end result, but that is skill more than resources...

Again, I have no issue with Jim, his car, or Speed Inc... Like I said before, his car is very nice and I am sure he worked his ass off on it... But he is 'in the business', so it had better be as nice as it is... That is all...

I mean just look at the cars Aloha Automotive on here puts out, they are highly customized one-offs that are done right down to every little detail, but that is thier business, and I am sure any of the people working there have standards and access to the resources to create whatever they want to whatever degree they want to take it to, and I am sure none of them would try to pass it off as a 'hobby', it is thier business...

FANTAZ28
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
well lets see, hes got a lift at home! tools at home! pays for ALL his parts! now im sure he gets a discount but honestly when it comes to the high performance stuff these days there is little mark due to all the internet shopping!

its ok man! your jeolus i understand actually WE all understand.

you havent answered me yet, i dont work for a shop i dont have a lift at home and i have very little tools.... wanna drag race for that 1000 bucks im talking about??

and as far as idiot goes, why not drag race me and see how big of an idiot i am?

ur a jeolus little *****! sit down and SHUT UP

95 TA - The Beast
04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Just go back to the Chi-Town boards, since you aren't going to get what you want... You might as well keep beating yourself up about it, cause it just isn't going to happen... :flipoff2:

FANTAZ28
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
WHY? I THOUGHT THIS WAS A RACING BOARD!

ah should've known the guy with the all the comments about everyone eles's cars dosent even race!!!!

jon_we4
04-06-2006, 03:23 PM

ah should've known the guy with the all the comments about everyone eles's cars dosent even race!!!!

Haider ... I'm jelous of your car. :burnout

This isnt a racing board - stop screwing around and finish up my paperwork ;)

...Yoosef do you still manage the BW3's downtown. I know the local GTO guys wanted to put on a little show and one of the first places I thought of was the one out in Tosa - didn't know if you still did that.

FourEyedFord
04-06-2006, 03:53 PM

He is just mad his "700rwhp" car runs 12's, but he did get a Dana S60 to handle all the dyno pulls. :D

FANTAZ28
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
He is just mad his "700rwhp" car runs 12's, but he did get a Dana S60 to handle all the dyno pulls. :D

hahah finaly someone with common sense...

btw. ive seen your car run at rsd .. bad ass!

i got the white lt1 camaro with the black cowl hood!

MoreTorque
04-06-2006, 04:43 PM
That is an awesome car.... shop car or not.

As far as it promoting Speed Inc... it damn well should. I want a guy that can build a car like that for himself working on my stuff.

BOSS LX
04-06-2006, 04:52 PM
:wooo

The Speed Inc car is SIMPLY BADASS!

T-Bag
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Just go back to the Chi-Town boards, since you aren't going to get what you want... You might as well keep beating yourself up about it, cause it just isn't going to happen... :flipoff2:

Hey looks like someone got a rise out of you

INTMD8
04-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Dan, Jon, Haider, and others, thanks for the kind words.

And yes, with little guidance I did teach myself how to fabricate, paint, tune, etc. I put alot of my own time and money into research and development of my own car which is now applied to our customers vehicles. The entire turbo system (and many other features) of my car were designed from scratch and fabricated entirely by myself.

If by turning my passion and hobby into a career makes a car built out of my own garage less of an accomplishment, so be it.

Cheers.

-Jim

A B4C Z
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Sweet car. I like the one video that was once on ls1speeds site of the car when you show the inside and say "full interior bitches".

That car makes me jelous when I look at those pictures and see it so peferectly painted underneath. DANG I need to get my own lift!

Again Props :drool:

T-Bag
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM

And yes, with little guidance I did teach myself how to fabricate, paint, tune, etc. I put alot of my own time and money into research and development of my own car which is now applied to our customers vehicles. The entire turbo system (and many other features) of my car were designed from scratch and fabricated entirely by myself.

If by turning my passion and hobby into a career makes a car built out of my own garage less of an accomplishment, so be it.

Cheers.

-Jim

Do not worry about the comments of The Beast...he's just jealous. Awesome job man

ProjectCamaro
04-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Cheers.

-Jim

Jim your car is simply amazing, I can't tell you how much I love it and am jealous of it.

I think the rest of the people here just need to chil out a little.

MurphysLaw88GT
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
jim, awesome car, dont mind the all the haters! :headbang

WhiteZCamaro
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Yea freaking badass!!! :drool:

Cryptic
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM

Cheers.

-Jim

Welcome to the board Jim. :thumbsup

Yooformula
04-07-2006, 01:53 AM

Cheers.

-Jim

Welcome Jim. That is a sweet car all around, especially the undercarriage. :eek: :thumbsup

SlowStee
04-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Dennis should go back to shis hole PERIOD..

97z2801ss
04-07-2006, 02:47 AM
such a sweet car and vid

FourEyedFord
04-07-2006, 06:28 PM
hahah finaly someone with common sense...

btw. ive seen your car run at rsd .. bad ass!

i got the white lt1 camaro with the black cowl hood!

Thanks! I've seen your car there too, runs awesome man! I should be going to more RSD's this year with the new setup. Hope to see you there.
Bobby

y2kws6
04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Don't even bother with Dennis "If your not prasing him, he is bashing you", no one wants any of it so they stay out of it. I should have before.

Nice reply Jim, I took notes.

Dan

scubastang
04-10-2006, 10:20 PM
i simply think someone has "turbo envy" hehe

nice to see you Jim somewhere other than turbomustangs