PDA

View Full Version : My NEW Car...

RedGSX
04-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I got rid of the audi and got this....2006 STI. So far so good, car handles great! I test drove an 05 and compared to the 06, i'd say the 06 handles better. Still breaking it in, but miles are coming on fast.

http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/STI/front_driver.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/STI/rear_passanger.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/STI/engine.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/STI/wheel.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/lawler/STI/tach.JPG

jbiscuit
04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
GORGEOUS......I'm pretty jealous.

stowsea
04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
nice! have fun

Cryptic
04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I want one. :drool:

still kicking myself in the ass for going with the Grand Prix. At the time I opted for the larger car. I prefer 4 doors :thumbsup

jbiscuit
04-03-2006, 09:28 AM
OOOOooo, see if you can find a set of 04-05 tails...the 06 tails are too ricey for my tastes but the 06's look hot with the 04-05 tails!

wikked
04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
So you gave up AT/turbo/awd for... MT/turbo/awd... traitor :goof

Why not a nice used Evo?

JohnnyT
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
VERY nice! :thumbsup

RedGSX
04-03-2006, 09:34 AM
So you gave up AT/turbo/awd for... MT/turbo/awd... traitor :goof

I actually still have the car, but hopefully not for long! You need to buy it!! :thumbsup

Yeah as far as the tail lights, yeah they are a littly too ricey for me too, I will be seeing if they fit, but for now only other's have to see them... :D

thnx for the comments too.

JohnnyT
04-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I want one. :drool:

still kicking myself in the ass for going with the Grand Prix. At the time I opted for the larger car. I prefer 4 doors :thumbsup

$hit Andy, with all the other stuff you have been buying lately, you being the big business owner and all, you should be able to buy two of those...

jbiscuit
04-03-2006, 09:42 AM
yea can't you write one of these off andy as a plow vehicle or something?

Cryptic
04-03-2006, 09:53 AM
not yet.... the equipement has paid for itself.... now its time for it to start paying me.

People pay for quailty... gotta have the right stuff. I know it seems like I am loaded. But everything I'm making has been going right back into the business.

UnderPSI
04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Sweet car, I need to get a ride sometime. :shades

Crawlin
04-03-2006, 02:28 PM
SWEEEEEEET....

still say Z06 would have been better, but I remember what we talked about. "Daddy's car" hahahaha

Poncho
04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
wierd lookin' but I gotta respect the STI's.

fireguyrick
04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Nice choice. The 06 does handle better then the 05's stock for stock.

Another option besides replacing the tails would be to paint them. Alot of people do that to the headlights. I did not paint my headlights, but I did clear the orange reflectors out of them. Very easy to do, and would be only $10 or so to do.

First things to do would be to take out the intake silencer. Easy thing to do, and lets you hear the turbo and intake a bit, no power, but hey...it sounds nice.

Where did you buy it from?

And I am sure there are a ton of people around here that know subarus, but if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Rick

Pantera99GS
04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Alright man!! I'm jealous :). Can't wait to see it in person. Congratulations!

Car Guy
04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I had the pleasure of driving one as I'm enjoying my vacation down in AZ and was I impressed! The one I drove is silver w/silver wheels but being a 'blue' man I loving yours a little more.....

RedGSX
04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Nice choice. The 06 does handle better then the 05's stock for stock.

Another option besides replacing the tails would be to paint them. Alot of people do that to the headlights. I did not paint my headlights, but I did clear the orange reflectors out of them. Very easy to do, and would be only $10 or so to do.

First things to do would be to take out the intake silencer. Easy thing to do, and lets you hear the turbo and intake a bit, no power, but hey...it sounds nice.

Where did you buy it from?

And I am sure there are a ton of people around here that know subarus, but if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Rick

Don Jacobs took my money. I had a good experience with my sales guy, he wasn't pushy at all and waited for me the next day on his day off even though I didn't promise I would come in. Turned out good 'cause I bought it. hehe.

I'll take a look into that intake silencer, i'd love to hear the turbo more, one of my favorite automotive sounds. I have a friend that has one of first couple WRX's when they came out. Helped him work on his car a couple times, that includes a clutch, not too bad at all. Never ran into a problem with installing mods, except for when you go to do a clutch and find out that you forgot the "alignment tool". hehe But, i'll definately hit you up if anything arrises.

STEALTHZR2
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Congrats man!!!! but you will have some competition this summer...you know what my dream car is right. :D

RedGSX
04-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Congrats man!!!! but you will have some competition this summer...you know what my dream car is right. :D

Did you find one yet?!?! You better get one! You need a fast car again...it's sooo much fun. :thumbsup

Junky Giorgio
04-03-2006, 11:03 PM
i want a ride once you take your purse off while driving! ;)

STEALTHZR2
04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Did you find one yet?!?! You better get one! You need a fast car again...it's sooo much fun. :thumbsup
yes i do need another fast car. I Loved it when i burned the tires all the way through 3rd and got sideways at 70mph on the freeway. :D Does this get your attention people :shades

CruxGNZ
04-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Nice car, love the color, but hate the giant rear wing.

LIL EVO
04-04-2006, 12:47 AM
You guys are weak. There is nothing that should be changed about that car. The tail lights look fine, the wing is sexy.

Take a picture about 4 carlengths directly behind the car.

STEALTHZR2
04-04-2006, 08:48 AM
You guys are weak. There is nothing that should be changed about that car. The tail lights look fine, the wing is sexy.

:thumbsup Your right it looks just fine. But it's YOUR car Mike do what you will.

RedGSX
04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
:thumbsup Your right it looks just fine. But it's YOUR car Mike do what you will.

Which is nothing cause it's brand new and I just want to drive the hell out of it! :thumbsup :D :headbang :banana

SpdRcrZ
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
I want a ride in it, for sure!!!! :)

Looks hot...... double wing and all ;)