PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here able to teach me on clutch replacment?

fireguyrick
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I still have my ACT clutch disc laying around, and I want to get it installed. I would do it myself, however, I do not have a transmission jack, and I doubt that I can get the car in the air high enough.

So what I am wondering is if there is anyone here that has the equipment to replace a clutch disc, and would be willing to help me replace mine. I have never done a clutch replacement before, but frankly, it does not appear all that difficult, and it does not warrent the $400+ cost to have a shop do it.

If not, I will just buy some new tools and have at it. But I would be willing to throw some cash, beer, or whatever to who ever could help me on this.

Thanks

Rick

Berettaspeed
03-31-2006, 07:19 PM
i have never done a subaru.. mmmm if you get a 12 dollar book im sure you could do it pretty quick. just use some wood and a jack.. thats all you need... well and time..

fireguyrick
03-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I already have access to the Service Manual, which is why I am not worried about doing it myself if I have to. It was more of a concern about not having a Transmission jack and possibly not being able to get the car high enough off the ground.

Rick

Slow Joe
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I have some tall jackstands and a transmission adaptor for my hydrolic jack stand... well, I think it's a trans adaptor, at least that's what I purchased it as... The question though is where it is...

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Im in...let me know when you need help.......never done a subaru before though.....

JohnnyT
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I've got a trans jack you can borrow, just let me know when you need it.

GTSLOW
04-01-2006, 12:52 AM
I was watching a show on speed and they were with a suby ralley team. Not sure how much diff your tranny is but two guys easy lowered it and raised it in place themselves. Im sure u and another peep could do it easily.

UnderPSI
04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
If you still need help let me know I have done three or four subies now. I have a lift and a trans jack. Just let me know what time you want to come over. I have some friends that can help also. 262-751-9439

fireguyrick
04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks all.

I will hit you up once my fuel filter gets here (should be this week). Till then my car is out of action.

Rick

UnderPSI
04-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Sounds good let me know.