PDA

View Full Version : Tuning

Anakonda69
03-31-2006, 02:19 PM
is there any better way to tune my truck other then a hypertech? if so who to ask or where to look?

Lash
03-31-2006, 03:05 PM
HP tuners has some stuff out now. And theres http://www.pcmforless.com/.

Hypertech is a complete waste of money IMO.

Anakonda69
03-31-2006, 03:08 PM
has your truck been tuned?

GTSLOW
03-31-2006, 09:00 PM
I have a 96 copy of tunercats (like ls1edit or hp tuners)!!! I was gonna use it on my 96 but deiced not to. Let me know you'll need a laptop and someone smart with a tuning program like that. Or learn for yourself.

Lash
03-31-2006, 09:34 PM
has your truck been tuned?

Nope...it's just a DD/work truck. No need to go any faster. Just did a few basic bolt on's and thats it for me. I neeed a project car to play with :thumbsup

stowsea
04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Or learn for yourself.
where do you learn to do that?

kenseth17
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I've just started reading some on it, I am thinking of an engine change possibly, since my 302 was always a dog, and got terrible gas mileage to boot, so been doing some thinking what I want to do. There is a bit of info if you search and can understand any of it. Its all greek to me right now, but basically you can get the equiptment and software to burn your own chip around $300 and refine it over and over, less then you might pay if you sent it out to tune and still would likely need refining. Here's some links I've glanced at so far, and thirdgen.org is suppose to have a bunch of guys who know what they are talking about. Here is a site with some good links, and will also lead you to software called tuner pro, which is free I believe with a donation of $30 suggested, and moates which has a burner under $100. Like I said, I don't know much, I just started checking stuff out a little.
http://www.edgesz28.com/edgesZ28/suburban/tuning/suburban-tuning.htm

PonyKiller87
04-04-2006, 06:52 AM
I've just started reading some on it, I am thinking of an engine change possibly, since my 302 was always a dog, and got terrible gas mileage to boot, so been doing some thinking what I want to do. There is a bit of info if you search and can understand any of it. Its all greek to me right now, but basically you can get the equiptment and software to burn your own chip around $300 and refine it over and over, less then you might pay if you sent it out to tune and still would likely need refining. Here's some links I've glanced at so far, and thirdgen.org is suppose to have a bunch of guys who know what they are talking about. Here is a site with some good links, and will also lead you to software called tuner pro, which is free I believe with a donation of $30 suggested, and moates which has a burner under $100. Like I said, I don't know much, I just started checking stuff out a little.
http://www.edgesz28.com/edgesZ28/suburban/tuning/suburban-tuning.htm

All that stuff only applys to the older PROM based computers like in the TBI and TPI engines. I do have the stuff to do it and Im learning as we speak how to do it. Unfortunatly though the newer trucks like mine and Brandon's use a computer similar to the Ls1 motors so it takes some different equipment to do it.