PDA

View Full Version : Crashed

Josepy
03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Crashed my GSXR1000 yesterday. Started leaking oil when I was going straight down the road. Rear of the bike came around. Went down at about 40mph. Im all banged up. Wont take much to fix the bike. Pics to follow.

Holeshot
03-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Glad you wern't hurt to bad. Sorry ro hear about that.

HP ADDICT
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Lucky guy..... bikes can always be replaced.......you my friend cannot. Glad you are alright.

Slow Joe
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Yup, bikes can always be replaced... You're a lucky guy...

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:00 PM
ive got an extra engine, frame and swingarm for a 03...differnt body style though..

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:02 PM
From a serious rider such as myself......sounds to convienient though......come on......tell us the truth......you were pushing the bike beyond your capabilities with cold tires and you ate ****! Ive done it......its ok to admit it!

Silver350
03-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. Glad to hear you are ok. Try to get back on the bike soon because I might try to get a couple group rides going this spring.

Jeff
03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Very lucky indeed

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
If I was pushing the bike and went down I would admit it. I am a serious rider also and know my limits. This was a freak thing that happened. I went back to where I went down and I can see the oil on the ground before I went down. I went for a ride around the block. Less than 1 mile. I was 500 feet from my house when this happened. Please don't talk like you know what happened.

Thanks to the others for your support. I can get her fixed for $200. Not mint like it was, but driveable.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:11 PM
85mph Hwy 8 San diego, Ran into the median wall by car.....WRECKED!
70mph a little tipsy, lost traction going into a turn, cold tires.....WRECKED!
140mph Turn 2 California Speedway, got hit by another rider....WRECKED!
65mph High speed stoppie...lost it.....WRECKED!

I would like to thank Arai RX7 Corsair Helmets....Best $700 i have repeatedly spent! Also Alpinestars leathers.....accept no subsitutes!

Let this also be a lesson to you morons....yes MORONS......that ride without helmets. You deserve to die for being stupid! Im glad your ok......get back on that bike soon though, let me know if I can help anyway.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
always ride with my lid. Saved me once before. Car cut me off in West Bend.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Im just a huge skeptic.....there are to many morons out there that dont know how to ride but claim to. And to be honest....in these areas, i really have a hard time believing there are any real sportbike riders. Ill give you some reasons why........I saw a couple group of bikes parked in random lots over the weekend and stopped to talk to people, checked out there bikes.....ALL OF THEM......like 30+ people had some of the worst chicken strips on there rear tires ive ever seen. ALSO.....there isnt **** for riding out here.....besides road america and blackhawk.....The roads out here are torn up and shitty and there are NO really good twisties out here.....god i miss the canyons.

dr doom
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
luckily i havent crashed my bike yet, but i too think people are a stupid ****s for not wearing a helmet.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
the roads around here do suck. cant ride the bike to full potential. i had planned on going to road america this year. old lady might not let me now. we will see. im beefing up the TA and fixing the bike. Bills bills bills. she wont be happy.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
If you aint reckin.......you aint riding! Ads character!

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I will be at blackhawk and Road america......i race in the advanced class ama superbike...non sponsered class

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
i hope your kidding about your last comment. that is the biggest piece of bs i have ever heard.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Muwahahahahahaha, I sure think it ads character........truth is, you dont know what your bike is capable of till you push it to far! Only then can you say you ride your bike to its full potential.....

Yooformula
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Sucks to hear about your bike, glad you are ok.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Take my bike for instance.......Built engine, ohlins suspension.......but cracked up race plastics.........appearance doesnt mean a damn thing to me.....

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
wow dude you have problems. well i see you have been drinking on your bike anyway. i can see you have mental problems.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:26 PM
No.....i ride, i stunt, i use my bike for what it was built for......I have set of nice race platics for the track and a set of F'ed up ones for the street. Its just looks.....Looks dont matter....and if you dont believe me....race me......and you will see how much looks dong matter!

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
I always have 1 or 2 drinks for before i used to ride the canyons.....loosens you up......makes you less nervous, less likely to do somthing stupid. But coming from a person that has never riddin the canyons or has any clue what a curvy road really looks like.......id expect no less

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
i ride stunt, i race. i do whatever i want on my bike. being nervous is what keeps you good on the bike. i just posted i crashed. thats all dude.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Who do you ride with? What class do you race? I rode with U.S. 905 racing out of san diego for 5 years and still run ama superbike advanced, 1000 class non sponsered. Cars are fun for me but bikes are my true passion.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Grow up? Atleast im not claiming 143rwhp from a 02 1k with just a pipe........get real......

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
i can get you the dyno sheet dumbass. midcities motor sports did this. 143 for that bike is right around the average.

97PontiacW68
03-27-2006, 04:35 PM
im gonna chime in here.. to be honest i cannot stand crotchrockets because Majority of the owners are cocky assholes who think they are king of the road.. think they can swerve in and out of lanes cut you off and crowd around someones car thinking they are so cool.. im not saying that they are all like that but MOST are and that gives a bad name for all of you that are good guys on and off your bikes!

Josepy
my 2000 r1 put down 137 at the wheel with a plain jane slip on

Grim_Reeper7.0
I wish there was a icon on here for spanking the monkey.......that bike DOES NOT put out that with just a pipe.....my bike is factory rated at 165hp and put 141 stock......and is a much stronger engine then the 02.......I have extra 03 engine if you want to know what it is really like to turn those numbers though.......

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Point made and taken about most crotch rocket owners......ive mad a statement about that myself on of the prior forums.....i refuse to ride with people that do stoppies, wheelies and drive stupid on the street...thats what closed lots and race tracks are for.......im behind you on that one.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess as long as you can convince yourself that those numbers are real, thats cool..... Whatever......Ill see ya at blackhawk or road america.......ill run a open class just for you buddy! If you have the balls to show up........

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
dude im not bsing you i have about 10 people that can back that up. it was midcities bike day last may. they have a dynojet dyno. its still pretty new. I have to find that sheet. i dont make up numbers. i thought that number may have been high. but the guys at the dealership said that is about right for that bike. there was an 03 there that pulled 144 with a pipe. you may bought a friday bike

Silver350
03-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I love reading bcm threads LOL.

Yooformula
03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I love reading bcm threads LOL.
WERD! Its funny how damm near every threads ends up somewhere totally different from where it began. Fuggin winter blues! :( :alcoholic

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Whatever bro.......you must have bought a "special" bike or are going to one of those "mustang dynos" that always seem to have higher hp numbers then what is real. Im sure a few of you are familiar with what im talking about! Either way.....im still waiting to see you answer my question about you racing? Where? What class?

Arnt the threads great? Im enjoying them........ Makes living here in wisconsin worth it......

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:55 PM
i know, funny isnt it.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
i should have posted (i raced) havent been at the track since my friend died about 2 years ago. would love to go this year. maybe the dyno is off. there were 05 zx10r's with full exhaust pulling 165hp

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
You wear a HJC, KBC, Shoe, or ICON helmet huh? Think its ok to ride without gloves? Dont own full leathers? Drives like an ass on the highway? Does wheelies, stoppies and highchairs (if you can) on the street because you think your cool? Blah.....i dont wish accidents on anyone and im glad your ok, but you dont know **** about your bike and really shouldnt claim to "race"

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Ive lost 6 friends in bike accidents in the past YEAR......idiots doing stupid ****.....all died in the same canyon......I would never stop racing because of that, if nothing else it pushes me harder, They wouldnt want me to stop.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
i have all the gear to ride. when i went down i was going around the block top speed 40mph this is 3 pages nice

scottie K
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Ahh good ol blackhawk and RA memories

hey grim do you knoe dennis debur or scott bores , mike mckay?? sean ninneminn??????

dude dont worry about things .... along as your alright.....

Josepy
03-27-2006, 05:02 PM
well were 2 very different people then. i had all to do to keep riding.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Cant say I do, there sponsered arnt they?

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Anyways......my $.02 has been said here.....Just look for the primer grey Gixxer 1K that looks all F'ed up lookin........ill prove my point to ya that looks dont matter when it comes to bikes. Cant miss it.....my street (race plastics) have a hole cut in the front with a holesaw to mount my "off road" 2.5" halogen light that works as my "headlight", all cracked up.....my street tank has the top smashed in for stuting....expired california plates.....

Josepy
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
never said looks matter. just upset my perfect lookimg bike is now not so perfect. already looking at a set of sharkskinz for her.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
If my oppinion means anything to you, go with hotbodies.....unless your going for aftermarket street platics and not race plastics. Ive ran Cheetah, Sharkskinz and hotbodies, the hotbodies are the best quality and hold up the best.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
youve got me a little fired up to get back on the track. i had sharkskins before on my TL. ill look at hotbodies.

scottie K
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Ahh good ol blackhawk and RA memories

hey grim do you knoe dennis debur or scott bores , mike mckay?? sean ninneminn??????

dude dont worry about things .... along as your alright.....

GRIM REEPER

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I said, NO....I have never met them.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Are you going for street or race? Hotbodies doesnt make street plastics.....race only.

H8RADE
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
You wear a HJC, KBC, Shoe, or ICON helmet huh? Think its ok to ride without gloves? Dont own full leathers? Drives like an ass on the highway? Does wheelies, stoppies and highchairs (if you can) on the street because you think your cool? Blah.....i dont wish accidents on anyone and im glad your ok, but you dont know **** about your bike and really shouldnt claim to "race"

You are a fawking moron.
I hate rice-bikers and won't hesitate to remove one from their mount with a door, mirror, bumper, axe-handle, or handful of quarters.
Have a nice day, wondering if the next truck you 'buzz' will put you into the wall...

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Go ahead and hit me......do me a favor.....you wont believe the lawsuit ill throw at you. Should only hear what I got out of the last ***** that hit me. Go ahead and fund my automotive fun! That is the most assanine post ive ever heard....threatening to hit someone on a bike. That is self suicide...all it takes is a biker with a handfull of "quarters" in front of you and there goes your windshield and your radiator..... Any idea how easy it is to ride up along side a "truck" and bust out there windows before they can even react? Your idiot and I think your gonna get **** from every other person on this board that rides. Although somtimes us "rice bikers" may not see eye to eye, we all take accidents and most of us saftey, seriously. You should be locked up for even typing that.

T-Bag
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I like to keep my **** in one piece so I don't push it through corners. This thing is a lot different in corners than my F3 was, that's for sure. I was out yesterday for the first decent ride with some friends in the holy hill area, gotta learn this bike a bit

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:41 PM
You know what, I would like to punch you in the F'in mouth for that post......and I bet im not the only one!

Grim_Reeper7.0
Good to hear it twisted, we need to ride somtime.

Josepy
i wanted to ride yesterday too twisted lx. really nice out. buddy mine has a superhawk. i have ridden that bike. very nice and tourqey(SP?) he has two bro high mounts on it. sounds awesome

SLOWC5
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I smell a hypocrit...

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I was provoked!

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
You are a fawking moron.
I hate rice-bikers and won't hesitate to remove one from their mount with a door, mirror, bumper, axe-handle, or handful of quarters.
Have a nice day, wondering if the next truck you 'buzz' will put you into the wall...

This is bullshit.......You should be locked up, your not right in the head. I would come to your house and beat your ass for even typing this if i knew where you lived.

fireguyrick
03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
To the OP: Was this your first bike? I have always been told that you dump your first bike, and that seems to be a pretty common event. I dumped my second bike being stupid, and after that I realized I cannot drive performance bikes. Just don't have enough respect for what they can do.

I have to say Grim, I know ALOT of people that would really disagree with the 2 or 3 drinks loosing you up concept, then again, most of the people I know work for Harley, Buell, or are MSF instructors, so they are not exactly the average rider. Though, my mom is cool, she works for HD, teaches MSF, and is down at Leguna Seca every year racing a buell.

Rick

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
You are totally right......ALOT ALOT ALOT of people would disagree with me on that and im not saying its right, just what "I" do to loosen up. I raced Laguan Seca on an average of 5-7 times a year for the past 6-7 years, its a great track. My favorite......cant wait for road america though, never been on it.

Josepy
03-27-2006, 06:08 PM
not my first bike my fifth bike. first one was 95cbr 600f3 friend of mine crashed it on me and totalled it. 2nd bike 2000 R6 loved that bike sold it for my next bike 2000 R1. 4th bike traded my r1 and the guy gave me cash for 2000 TL1000R. sold that year later. rode my buddies zx6r for a summer. then last year bought what i have now my gsxr1000

H8RADE
03-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Go ahead and hit me......do me a favor.....you wont believe the lawsuit ill throw at you. Should only hear what I got out of the last ***** that hit me. Go ahead and fund my automotive fun! That is the most assanine post ive ever heard....threatening to hit someone on a bike. That is self suicide...all it takes is a biker with a handfull of "quarters" in front of you and there goes your windshield and your radiator..... Any idea how easy it is to ride up along side a "truck" and bust out there windows before they can even react? Your idiot and I think your gonna get **** from every other person on this board that rides. Although somtimes us "rice bikers" may not see eye to eye, we all take accidents and most of us saftey, seriously. You should be locked up for even typing that.

I don't care if you are throwing Baby Grand Pianos...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bgcntry72/NewPaintJob.jpg
I would just call Mike Hupy now...
:rolf

T-Bag
03-27-2006, 11:46 PM
You are a fawking moron.

So you're going to endanger somebody's life just because they passed you up (even if it was like an idiot)? You really dont deserve to be on the road with bullshit thoughts like that. Yes there are a lot of idiots out there on both sides, but seriously, don't say something you KNOW you wouldn't do.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Id be suprized if that piece of **** could get up to highway speeds much less catch a bike. Your a moron.

H8RADE
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
^^^^Has a license plate frame that reads: 'MY OTHER CAR IS THE INTERNET'.
:headbang

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok....I admit I spend alot of time on the computer.....dont be jealous that you dont have a cool job that lets you screw off all day. Dont try to be funny either, especially after you threaten to run motorcyclists off the road and endager peoples lives. Your f'n tool.

97PontiacW68
03-28-2006, 04:58 PM
hey im jealous does this job pay well? hahah hook me up haha

j/k

ok gotta get back to work :(

HP ADDICT
03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
This is bullshit.......You should be locked up, your not right in the head. I would come to your house and beat your ass for even typing this if i knew where you lived.
Let me know when you go to his house...that would be interesting to watch you attempt to beat his ass..

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
It wouldnt be an attempt...... But also I wouldnt stoop to his level (as much as id like to)....hopefully he just gets what he deserves.....mabey the next person he tries to hit on a bike will show him what a pocket full of ball bearings can do to his truck.....

BAD LS1
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
hey im jealous does this job pay well? hahah hook me up haha

j/k

ok gotta get back to work :(

The more you get paid, the less you do.... I know this from experience. its a double edged sword though, im a mechanic origonally so i gotta keep going on something all the time or it gets really boring fast. time is money. So now an office job is a real culture shock for me, im not used to doing not all that much and peeople reassuring you (boss) its ok, just look busy. :confused :rolf

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-29-2006, 03:45 PM
agreed!

Cryptic
03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Ive lost 6 friends in bike accidents in the past YEAR......idiots doing stupid ****.....all died in the same canyon......I would never stop racing because of that, if nothing else it pushes me harder, They wouldnt want me to stop.

that's a plain retarded statement right there.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Mabey....Mabey not.....to me its not. All my friends were harcore racers....all ama circuit....all lived and dreamed bikes.....quitting riding because of there death would be an insult to there memory... Im sorry you feel thats a retarded statement.

Slow Joe
03-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Bikes are a weird subject for me... My family owned two Yamaha dealerships in the area, and my Uncle (who is also my namesake) died on a motorcycle... I got my learners permit on a bike... Rode around on mine/my dad's (we shared it) R1... And decided it's not for me... At least not on that bike... But to each his own... Plus I know some people that got injured on bikes, luckily no one died... Maybe I'm just a ***** though... :rolf

Cryptic
03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Mabey....Mabey not.....to me its not. All my friends were harcore racers....all ama circuit....all lived and dreamed bikes.....quitting riding because of there death would be an insult to there memory... Im sorry you feel thats a retarded statement.

not to "quit ridding", but to say it makes you "ride harder".

How about "Make you ride being more aware of mistakes/accidents that can happen and apply them to your riding."?

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Misunderstood, sorry, its a touchy subject with me. But honestly, danger is part of the sport, if you race, you know its there. So im not sure if it made me more aware, it made me want to succeed more. I dont know........i guess i cant explain it.

Silver350
03-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Danger is not only a part of racing it is also there no matter what bike you hop on to go on a nice little sunday ride.

H8RADE
03-30-2006, 10:11 AM
It wouldnt be an attempt...... But also I wouldnt stoop to his level (as much as id like to)....hopefully he just gets what he deserves.....mabey the next person he tries to hit on a bike will show him what a pocket full of ball bearings can do to his truck.....

This could cost me a LOT of money...
http://www.hupy.com/images/biker3.gif
No quickie cut-rate settlement for you...

:punch:

68RR440
03-30-2006, 11:16 AM
85mph Hwy 8 San diego, Ran into the median wall by car.....WRECKED!
70mph a little tipsy, lost traction going into a turn, cold tires.....WRECKED!
140mph Turn 2 California Speedway, got hit by another rider....WRECKED!
65mph High speed stoppie...lost it.....WRECKED!

I always have 1 or 2 drinks for before i used to ride the canyons.....loosens you up......makes you less nervous, less likely to do somthing stupid. But coming from a person that has never riddin the canyons or has any clue what a curvy road really looks like.......id expect no less

^^^ :rolleyes:
:alcoholic = :loser
I don't care what you, or anybody else says or thinks, drinking and driving/riding is really stupid, but posting it in a public forum makes you even more stupid.

Al
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't care if you are throwing Baby Grand Pianos

Just remember that a car as insignificant as a Geo Metro can own the best of bikes. Quarters may brake windows, but a light tap from a metro bumper will make a bike tip.

I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle. Not a crotch rocket or something powerful, more like an older honda that I can cruise around on. I was thinking that it would be very fun to fill up my bike and go for a 100 mile cruise. I only fear bad drivers, gravel, and deer (i don't know what else is out there).

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
This could cost me a LOT of money...
http://www.hupy.com/images/biker3.gif
No quickie cut-rate settlement for you...

:punch:

You have just once again proven how f'n ignorant you are....