PDA

View Full Version : IHRA/NHRA cage certification?

Russ Jerome
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Anybody know who does inspections in area?

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I need to know as well!!!!

Berettaspeed
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
inspections??? i didn't know you had to havce these inpected... do you get a card or somthing to prove you had it inspected? i want to get one in my car for safety reasons, and to be able to go faster than 11.9??

GTSLOW
03-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Anybody know who does inspections in area?

Check out this thread here for some info:

http://www.wisconsinstreetdominators.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320

inspections??? i didn't know you had to havce these inpected... do you get a card or somthing to prove you had it inspected? i want to get one in my car for safety reasons, and to be able to go faster than 11.9??

A bretta going faster than 11.9 comon. :)

Just messin ;)

Russ Jerome
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Having the NHRA 3yr "chassis certification" just gives you a little
less grief during inspections out of state, I plan on traveling to
FL. Unfortunatly I just learned there are no inspectors anywhere
near us: http://www.nhra.com/tracks/dd.htm

How, where and when do I get a roll cage certified?
Contact your Division Office (click here for contact info) and tell them you need a chassis certified. They will direct you to the NHRA Chassis Inspector in your area. Chassis certifications are also performed at all National and Divisional events, for participants. Due to busy event schedules, certifications are not always available at events for non-participants. Contact the Division office (for Division events) or the National Technical Department in Glendora (for national events) ahead of time to see if arrangements can be made. Three year certification stickers (for vehicles running 7.50 seconds and slower) are $75. If you arrange for a chassis inspector to come to your location, you will be responsible for any travel expenses.

The IHRA rule book (our local track) reads just like the NHRA one but
even more vague....oh well. My stuff is solid and tight just had hoped
to get it done before someone asks me to tear up my aluminum floor
to show him its all good underneath.

Berettaspeed
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
A bretta going faster than 11.9 comon. :)

Just messin ;)

well... 12s are not out of sight with a stock engine... but traction will be my main enemy..it has potential..............

but eitherway, if i crash doing any racing im going to get FVcked going that fast. i just don't wannt die or lose alimb. i need better brakes too..
the other reason is i do want to goto road america one day. and if i crash or somone else hits me...there will be alot of parts lying around and i don't want to be one of them.. but its okay i know my car is the laughing stock of this board LOL.

SlowStee
03-26-2006, 07:58 PM
but its okay i know my car is the laughing stock of this board LOL.
Hardly....just to certain biased, manual obsessed, goof ball jackasses :goof

fireguyrick
03-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Not to mention that the ET is now less then 11.5 for cages. I will need one soon enough, however, I am still not sure I want to go that road. There are BIG safety issues with a cage in a daily driver. Not so much on the track where you are wearing a helmet, but more so on the street without a helmet. If your melon hits a bar in even a minor accident, you are going to have some BIG issues.

Rick

Berettaspeed
03-27-2006, 09:35 AM
...i guess the padding would help some???yeah that would hurt hitting your head on that...

so i would have to go faster than 11.5 to need a cage?? ohh i alsways thought it was 11.9

fireguyrick
03-27-2006, 10:28 AM
It changed last year I believe.

Rick

Hell, even the padding won't due much. Not trying to change your mind, I am just merely debating the worth of it in my car is all.

Russ Jerome
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
I will need one soon enough, however, I am still not sure I want to go that road.

Not to mention adding a cage is a lot of weight and a sure way
to make your try to go slower* :( If you dont plan on going into
the 10's i would skip a roll bar on a daily driver, set it up to run
11.5's all day.

* adding a cage got my last daily driver to 12.0/120....cutout
was 11.99 at that time ;( Remove that cage and its street tire
times could have run high 11's all night legaly.

Berettaspeed
03-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Not to mention adding a cage is a lot of weight and a sure way
to make your try to go slower* :( If you dont plan on going into
the 10's i would skip a roll bar on a daily driver, set it up to run
11.5's all day.

* adding a cage got my last daily driver to 12.0/120....cutout
was 11.99 at that time ;( Remove that cage and its street tire
times could have run high 11's all night legaly.
mmm so i would be legal to 11.5 ok.. well that won't happen this year, but when the money rolls in i want to do alot more engine work.... but i have just thought of a roll cage within the past couple months.. im still debating.. yeah i forgot about the weight...but i have a small car, i would think maybe 100 pounds??

Russ Jerome
03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
but i have a small car, i would think maybe 100 pounds??

Yup a 6 point bar may only be 100#............

100# needs 10hp to get it down track or simply
write that 1/10 off your ET :) Nothing worse than
running 13.00 all day and trying to shave 1/100 :)

Berettaspeed
03-27-2006, 09:48 PM
thats what i want is just a 6 point..... damnit don't say that.. i know thats just what will happen too. ill hit 13.00 and never get passed that LOL

wheelsofsteel
03-28-2006, 09:07 AM
For anyone needing to get their cage certified you can contact Ray Drew at GLD. He does IHRA certs and tags although I don't know how much it costs.

twicks69
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Looking to see if anyone has the detailed specs for SFI 25.5 and 25.2 for cage dimensions and welding information on full frame, unibody, unaltered suspension/firewall cars -- aka...dsm's -- AWD ones.

I am looking for 6-point and 8-point cage dimensions along with 7.5-9.99 second cage information, along with the "cocoon" cockpit cage design. Door bar specs, etc are appreciated, but I mainly need to know what specific hardware I can use for mounting removable door bars with the material type, grade, and size of the bolts and tab locations if applicable.

I know it is alot, but I am sure that there are others out here that have similar questions, along with many of you that have gone through these types of questions.

Thanks,

scottie K
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
the price is 275.00 to cert at union grove

Russ Jerome
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Looking to see if anyone has the detailed specs for SFI 25.5 and 25.2 for cage dimensions and welding information on full frame, unibody, unaltered suspension/firewall cars -- aka...dsm's -- AWD ones.

I am looking for 6-point and 8-point cage dimensions along with 7.5-9.99 second cage information, along with the "cocoon" cockpit cage design. Door bar specs, etc are appreciated, but I mainly need to know what specific hardware I can use for mounting removable door bars with the material type, grade, and size of the bolts and tab locations if applicable.

I know it is alot, but I am sure that there are others out here that have similar questions, along with many of you that have gone through these types of questions.

Thanks,

I have both the IHRA and NHRA 2006 rule books at work, you can gladly
come by and steal them for a day or two to photocopy. Both books read
nearly identicle right down to PICs. PM me anytime Im off 45 and Silver
Spring RD.

Russ Jerome
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/gldforums/showthread.php?p=11232#post11232post11232

Posed same question on GLD board, man I love our track more
every year!

twicks69
03-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks Russ -- I am actually over that direction quite a bit!

If you could, PM me an address and I will mapquest it to pick up/copy the rule books.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Russ Jerome
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/AmTruck.html
Stop in anytime, tell the girls in service you want to
see Russ. 7am-3:30 normaly