PDA

View Full Version : Favre back for another year!

wikked
03-24-2006, 07:38 PM
My inside sources :shades confirm Favre is going to be back 1 more year.

whew... I thought for sure we were gonna be stuck with Rodgers :chair:

slow85vette
03-24-2006, 07:58 PM
I hope your wrong....No offense to the Packers fans. Its just that I'd like to see them do well for a change.

Lash
03-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Who gives a ****. They are gonna suck anyways so he should just retire and let somebody else get some field time.

JC70SS
03-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Flannigen gone, Walker will be gone, who cares....he should spare himself the pain of being on a :sgay team.

87SleeperGN
03-25-2006, 02:24 AM
poor guy will be left with no receivers...

slow85vette
03-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Wow! Someone gave me negative points for saying that I hope Farve doesn't come back next season! Is it such a bad thing that I'm not a fan of Farve?? For once, I'd just like to see them play well. Is that too much to ask for??

Oh well, **** happens!

Lash
03-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I got points too...lol. Sombody got a little sand in their vagina? :P

I wasnt bashing him....I was just staining that they are gonna suck no matter what so I dont know what he would be trying to accomplish by returning for another year. Maybe he want to retire as a cripple.... cause he's gonna get killed out there this year..

PB86MCSS
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
After stating you have inside sources, you should give us a taste of who and why to believe you :D.

I hope hes back because he gives them their best chance to win, IMO. Hes not what he was but hes still one of the better QB's, as long as he has a few good players around him so he doesn't force 90% of his passes like last year.

Karps TA
03-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I feel bad for Favre. He wants to continue to play, but the organization refuses to put any players around him.

The way TT has handled this off season, people are going to look at last year and wish they could be as good as 4-12. Most pathetic offseason I have seen in GB since the 80's.

hrsp
03-25-2006, 01:04 PM
^ true

VroomPshhTsi
03-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Yea someone gave me bad rep points too for a Favre comment I made a while ago and it wasn't even slamming Favre... some people need to grow up :rolleyes:

I'm indifferent about the issue, I know Favre COULD have a good year if we get busy in the free agent signing to give him weapons on offense but you never know, last year he threw a lot of balls up for grabs that ended up in interceptions (most in the league, by far)...

theavenger333
03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
its stupid because Thompson is doin it the way he did it in Seattle, with all players he knows or has drafted and such. dumb i think, we have the 2nd most cap room and are doing ****. word has it they want after Charles Woodson..... great :punch:

Karps TA
03-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I dislike that people think Thompson was the reason for Seattle success. It wasn't until he left and they had a stellar draft that they became a Super Bowl team. Before that they were the team everyone picked to win the NFC, but rarely even made the playoffs. It took someone else to put the final pieces in place.

I would almost give TT some slack if he was a draft genius. But last years draft left much to be desired. The best player out of it was Collins, and he had 8 less INT's and 2 less TD's then the guy he replaced. Whittaker started not because he deserved to, but because the other guys sucked even more. And Rodgers didn't even show a glimpse of being a better QB then Nall.

Now he does nothing in FA but sign some 2nd and 3rd tier players who are backups at best. And he has only 5 draft picks.

I never thought I'd say I miss Mike Sherman as GM but this is ridiculous.

wikked
03-25-2006, 07:50 PM
<-- didn't give any negatives =P
And no, I can't reveal my sources ;)

Even at his worst, Favre is still better than Aaron Rodgers at his best :)

Anakonda69
03-25-2006, 11:53 PM
farve is great....and could continue to be so....i hope they do something soon....

Al
03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
The Packers are still going to lose more games than win.

slow85vette
03-26-2006, 06:38 AM
^ true!!!

And to whomever left me this comment: "FARVE (correct spelling) isnt the reason the packers do bad...JACKASS".....why don't you notice that I did spell his last name correct!?!? And thanks for calling me a Jackass too. I've been called worst than that before so that doesn't really hurt my feelings at all.

theavenger333
03-26-2006, 10:34 AM
his name is spelled Favre......

Lash
03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

nismodave
03-26-2006, 02:25 PM
The Packers suck, and so does Favre.

97PontiacW68
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
^^^^ agreed

rogerdarkness
03-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I agree with Nismo Dave, The packers do suck!!! But I think alot of the Favre bashers don't remeber how he was 3 time Mvp, won 1 super bowl and got the packers to a 2nd super bowl, I know the problem isn't all Favre's fault the team he plays with is inconsistent. One player can't make or break the team thats why its called a team. So i would say that it really doesn't matter if favre is there or not the rest of the team blows. But I do agree that they are going to suck this year!

Lash
03-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Hmmm...maybe he's not coming back...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/topstories/story_2049.asp

The chances of them assembling a "winning team" are slim to none.

VroomPshhTsi
04-01-2006, 12:39 AM
They just pushed the deadline back... ugh this is taking forever, I think it's hurting the team because he can't make up his mind, the sooner the better...

3 time MVP no doubt, he was a great QB and can still hold his own, but will one more season really help him or the pack? i say no, but everyone has their opinion, either way i'll be cheering the packers on next year, anything is better than last year :rolleyes:

Karps TA
04-01-2006, 06:53 AM
How is this hurting the team? TT is building this team regardless of Favre. It's not like if Farve retired they would have went and signed Drew Brees or trade for Culpepper.

In relation to what the Packers need and are doing, Brett Favre doesn't matter.

What's keeping Brett away is the fact that TT has not addressed the offensive line at all so far. And Brett at 35-36 years old doesn't want to take a beating like he did last year. Had TT signed some good OL, Brett would have already came back.