PDA

View Full Version : Kearns auto dealership

STEALTHZR2
03-18-2006, 09:00 PM
As I was on the job I drove past Kearns in WestBend. At Kearns dealership there is a 2000+ SS Black Camaro. With yellow flag racing strips and chrome Z06 rims. It was traded in for a another car. Don't know what. It also had a powertour 05 sticker. Does anybody know or have seen this car. The car has been checked by the dealer. And parts are coming in for the car.. to pass emissions. Anyone know of this car? Looks sharp and the price is appealing :wow

Firefighter Z
03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Might be an MFBA members car... Whats the price for the SS?

Josepy
03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
I have seen that car. I want the headers off of that thing. I also think it has an electric cutout. I was looking at buying also and parking it next to TA

BAD LS1
03-19-2006, 10:53 AM
yeah i seen it around before too, it was sold at Uptown like 2 years ago, they put a new motor in it.

STEALTHZR2
03-19-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah i seen it around before too, it was sold at Uptown like 2 years ago, they put a new motor in it.
OMG!!!

97PontiacW68
03-19-2006, 04:35 PM
As I was on the job I drove past Kearns in WestBend. At Kearns dealership there is a 2000+ SS Black Camaro. With yellow flag racing strips and chrome Z06 rims. It was traded in for a another car. Don't know what. It also had a powertour 05 sticker. Does anybody know or have seen this car. The car has been checked by the dealer. And parts are coming in for the car.. to pass emissions. Anyone know of this car? Looks sharp and the price is appealing :wow
I'm in the market for an LS1.. what r they asking for it?

Poncho
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
somewhere in the 20k range.

has according to salesman:
cam headers
short throw
Katskins interior (yellow)
02 heritage edtion stripes, in yellow
QA1's
Z06 wheels
Q-Tec Cutout
SLP Exhaust

supposedly a rediculously fast car.

BAD LS1
03-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah if the car didnt have that yellow **** all over it and the interior it would probably be a decent car.

any of these cars used are no virgins, so the new motor thing didnt surprise me at all at first. Uptown also just had a 00' Red Firehawk 6 speed taken on trade where they put a new motor in that too, piston slap issues i guess.

Slow Joe
03-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Yup, we've got a TA WS6 (I believe) at EVS that needs a motor as well with like 40k on it... We haven't put a motor in it yet because of the price and the ability to find a good used one...

LxfurY1991
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
i believe that car is randy johnsons.he traded is 70 1/2 blown z28 for it then sold that one and his wifes other ss and built a 67 z with a ls1.both cars where in many magazines.the 67 he just built sold for 60$.that ss had its host of problems

slow85vette
03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Here's what his website is showing. Click me (http://www.kearnsmotorcar.com/details.asp?id=2079&yMAKE=12&xMODEL=Camaro+SS&xYEAR1=1&xYEAR2=100000&sortby=&sortdirection=asc&PageNumber=1)

GrimreaperSS
03-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Ive seen that car before also. I just saw it on the road in sussex about 2-3 weeks ago. Looked like he had just gotten it out of storage. all dusty and such. I had also seen it for sale on e-bay probably 1-1.5 years ago. Guy was selling it to buy a house. Was from oconomowoc. Thats all I know about it.

GRNDNL
03-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I saw it driving round Hartland a year or two ago, loud as hell......

Crawlin
03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Yup, we've got a TA WS6 (I believe) at EVS that needs a motor as well with like 40k on it... We haven't put a motor in it yet because of the price and the ability to find a good used one...

what you looking to get for it?

Slow Joe
03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Much more than it's worth, it was appraised by an idiot manager that no longer works here... I'll check and get back to ya...

SlowStee
03-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Here's what his website is showing. Click me (http://www.kearnsmotorcar.com/details.asp?id=2079&yMAKE=12&xMODEL=Camaro+SS&xYEAR1=1&xYEAR2=100000&sortby=&sortdirection=asc&PageNumber=1)
Cool color scheme

wikked
03-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Much more than it's worth, it was appraised by an idiot manager that no longer works here... I'll check and get back to ya...

Can't you/someone just re-appraise/lower the price? :goof

Slow Joe
03-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Can't you/someone just re-appraise/lower the price? :goof

Trust me, we only wish we could... That's why I get to bang my head against the wall some days... That's what happens when you have idiots appraise cars... I've actually had to tell managers that supposedly know what they're doing that they're putting too much money into a certian car... Then again, that's why they don't last long... But of course we get stuck with what that sales manager did... And... Yeah I could rant for quite a while about this one, but I'll stop here...

350-Z28
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah I've seen some ridiculous prices at dealerships. Like at the Holz in Hales Corners asking 8 grand for a white firebird, V6, t-tops, forget the mileage but i do know that on the passenger side part of the front spoiler is missing, as in has been torn off.

STEALTHZR2
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
somewhere in the 20k range.

has according to salesman:
cam headers
short throw
Katskins interior (yellow)
02 heritage edtion stripes, in yellow
QA1's
Z06 wheels
Q-Tec Cutout
SLP Exhaust

supposedly a rediculously fast car.
Thats right

Crawlin
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
just got to remember, a DEALERSHIP's idea of what it's worth is more so than what you are seeing as a national average for this stuff. you get numb to the fact that you can pick up probably 5-6 98+ LS1 f-bodies with under 100k miles in the 6500-7500 price range right now. that is definitely bringing prices down. at the same time, like with any car, imagine if they rolled up and you told them their car was only worth $1500 for a '97 firebird to put the selling price after safety at around $4500. hell we just sold a '93 6cyl camaro for $4500 in the same condition i bought my '95 6cyl for at $1800 two years ago.

350-Z28
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
True I understand that but some of them are still ridiculous, but the minute you try to talk them down they'll either eye up your wallet or just forget you exist and wait for some sucker whos got enough money that he wont miss it even if he does pay too much. Hard to find someone honest selling cars these days, unless it's your average joe kinda guy.

Crawlin
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
true, thank god i only did it for a little bit and do what i'm doing now.

but most guys you see or just normal people just "trying this business out"

it is definitely weird to see that stuff, cause i agree, we go into too deep on certain cars and i'm just amazed at it.

Slow Joe
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I agree, I'm happy I'm on this end of it as well Chris... Much less headaches...

And yes... Sometimes the managers do decide to go balls and all in a car that they really shouldn't... If it's something horny I can see putting a few extra $$ into it... But if it's a high mileage rattle trap... Ummm no... But that's their call not mine...

Heat Seeker WS6
03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I used to work for one of Steve Kearns' other businesses in Wauwatosa- and is obviously -owner of that dealership. He left me with the most sickening feeling after I found out how he does business with others. Truly a guy who is out for himself with no regard. I wouldnt patronize him if he was the last retailer left on this planet.

GTSLOW
03-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I dunno the yellow on black looks fawking GAY!

SlowStee
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I dunno the yellow on black looks fawking GAY!
youre right...it should be PLAIN BLACK :rolleyes: :loser

BAD LS1
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
i believe that car is randy johnsons.he traded is 70 1/2 blown z28 for it then sold that one and his wifes other ss and built a 67 z with a ls1.both cars where in many magazines.the 67 he just built sold for 60$.that ss had its host of problems

I know Randy through some people i know. This car we are talking about is not Randy's taste at all, too ugly for him. He did have a super clean/ low mile 99' Hugger Orange SS though with Fiske FM5 wheels on it ,and a 97 30th white/orange stripe Z28 before that.

slow85vette
03-21-2006, 08:49 PM
I used to work for one of Steve Kearns' other businesses in Wauwatosa- and is obviously -owner of that dealership. He left me with the most sickening feeling after I found out how he does business with others. Truly a guy who is out for himself with no regard. I wouldnt patronize him if he was the last retailer left on this planet.

Steve has alot of other businesses. For example, he also owns the company that does the lighting and sounds for the Bucks. Also, I know that he gets most of his cars from auctions in Florida (and other states) then brings the cars up here to sell at his two dealerships.

I too did work for Steve and he always treated me well and I have nothing but good things to say about him or his family.

supersssport
04-14-2006, 12:25 AM
The car came from st. louis. I talked to the guy that owned it at Oscars one night on the highway. He said that he had the interior customized and all of the yellow paint done. He said that he was getting ready to sell the car and was asking around 15K for it. It was too ugly for my taste and I'm tryin to finish my car. I'm 99% sure that this is the same car, you don't see too many camaros with a yellow paint scheme and zo6 wheels!

Nickerz
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
I would laugh if its got a big ass cam and they think it's gonna pass emissions.

Nickerz
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Steve has alot of other businesses. For example, he also owns the company that does the lighting and sounds for the Bucks. Also, I know that he gets most of his cars from auctions in Florida (and other states) then brings the cars up here to sell at his two dealerships.

I too did work for Steve and he always treated me well and I have nothing but good things to say about him or his family.
Do you know how he got started in it all? well selling drugs of course. Upstanding guy. :thumbsup