PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier Hp Tuners

A B4C Z
03-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Well I orderd the Hp Tuners for the Cavalier Last night. Time to start having fun with the daily Driver. Had to go with the O/I edition so that 2 bar map sensor can be used :devil . The ecotecs are know to be able to run a good amount of boost and run 13 seconds with the Hahans kit. But im going to experiment....Tom still got that Sabb turbo?

Crawlin
03-18-2006, 10:27 AM
that's gonna be awesome!!! can't wait to see this thing back in service :)

Berettaspeed
03-18-2006, 05:28 PM
this going on an auto cavy??? i would think with just around 10psi you should be able to hit 13s... for sure low 14s...

A B4C Z
03-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Yup its an auto. Right now i have a 2800 Yank stall in the car along with drop in k&n and a RK Sport UD pulley. So im going to of course do a tune on those mods...and from there I will save and by july 6(my b-day) i would like to have the turbo and stuff on. It will be an experience. Ive never delt with forced induction and for the most turbos. So im trying to figure out what everything is does and where to get it. Turbo sizes flanges bovs waste gates its all new. How did you go about bending pipes for the car on yours?

Kyle

Lash
03-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Hmmm..they just released the S/C package a week or so ago too. Guys have been running low 14's their first time out on completely stock motors. A few should be able to touch 13's in stock form. Cant wait to see when they up the boost and get some supporting mods! :thumbsup

The Hahn turbo kits for the eco owna all though.
Pretty weird seeing DD cavaliers running low 12's-high 11's.

A B4C Z
03-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Yup. Hahns is going to have to make a AUTO kit now. There excuse when i emialed them about it was there was to much timing when shifting and it kept taking the tranny out. There was no way to pull timing. So they never went further with it.
Cant wait to have some fun with this. You only live once i told my self so i might as well enjoy it and have some fun young before I cant anymore :)

SLOWC5
03-19-2006, 12:42 AM
spend more money on the SS

JEFF

theavenger333
03-19-2006, 02:41 AM
:headbang

A B4C Z
03-19-2006, 02:56 AM

JEFF

I dont want to make you feel even worse when i beat you by like 10 cars.

wikked
03-19-2006, 03:14 AM
uhhh....an A/T cavalier tranny is going to be like glass when you throw boost at it?
unless you have it built already.

Lash
03-19-2006, 09:43 AM
uhhh....an A/T cavalier tranny is going to be like glass when you throw boost at it?
unless you have it built already.

They will actually handle quite a bit of power. Plenty of guys running low-mid 13's on stock tranny. 1 or 2 even in the 12's.

SLOWC5
03-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I dont want to make you feel even worse when i beat you by like 10 cars.

make it into the 11's then i'll decide what I'm changing this year:)

turbogarrett
03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
You have a ls1 car and want to drop thousands on a automatic cavalier - no comprendo :confused

Lash
03-19-2006, 02:46 PM
lol

Berettaspeed
03-19-2006, 03:28 PM
i bought my pipes from summitracing.com
they come in a U-bend and then you just cut what angles you want and peice them together.. i didn't know anything either about turbos.. but i learned the basics along the way... its not hard to do a setup.. the tunning is whats hard.. some people get a FMU..which is ok for a setup to work and function without blowing up your engine and the cheapest route...but the thing is with that is you can most likely get at least 75% more power out of you setup with better tunning software... DHP???? i think might make somthing for you car. you can change anything you want which will help alot for a boosted application...i have not tuned my car yet, but will start within the week. for the most part you can get some things used to make it cheaper... BOV can be used, turbos be carefull... get one from someone you know or can talk to face to face.. im sure people on here have turbos lying around. i got mine form a syclone used from a friend. which fit my application good enough for me. just get a cheap welder for like 350 or somthing a 125amp should be fine.

when i was doing mine i was just trying to get it to work. i was not worried about it looking perfect. looking nice can come later when the money is there.

good luck with your build...

TooManyNeons
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
A muffler shop should be able to make boost piping for you also. If you got a friend at one, shouldn't cost much.

Lash
03-19-2006, 03:57 PM
but the thing is with that is you can most likely get at least 75% more power out of you setup with better tunning software... DHP???? i think might make somthing for you car. you can change anything you want which will help alot for a boosted application.

I think you missed the part where he said he ordered HP Tuners software ;).

Berettaspeed
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I think you missed the part where he said he ordered HP Tuners software ;).

oh yeah..