PDA

View Full Version : I need an opinion...

Slow Joe
03-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Alright, I've been looking for a daily driver for a while... And I can't make up my mind... I've looked at everything from luxury cars to Wranglers... And I'm just completely baffled on this one... Two years ago, when I started workin here at EVS I traded my Wrangler in for a Malibu (bad move hated the malibu) I then sold the Wrangler to a guy in West Bend... Earlier today I was cruisin AutoTrader, and what do I come across... What looks like my old Wrangler (I could tell from the shiny radiator that I put in before I traded it...) When I traded it in it had 82k on it, now it has 96k... He replaced the top (it needed it, but it's now black not tan), and put bigger tires on it and chrome wheels... I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy it back or not... Some opinions would be nice... It's an EXTREMELY CLEAN (at least it was, I'm gunna see it for the first time in 2 years tomorrow) '98 Wrangler 2.5L 4Cyl 5-Speed, has half doors and a soft top, not many options, but... It's a Wrangler it's supposed to be simple... Opinions are great... And yes, I did truely enjoy driving this vehicle... I traded it for a stupid reason...

EDIT: I know it's my old one because I called him on it and checked the last 6 digits of the VIN #.

nismodave
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Wranglers are for homos.........Buy a Honda and a V8 for the Stang.

Rocket Power
03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
4 cyl in a jeep? That's like buying a Mustang with a 6. Ooops nevermind... ;)

If you liked it, and the price is right, get it.

Heck I drive a wagon and I love it :goof
Drive what makes you happy

theavenger333
03-17-2006, 10:52 PM
agree with dave and rocket, more with dave though, i'd just got with a decent car that gets good mileage. i'm such a big fan of creature comforts now from my GTP and my other car before then.

loud91rs
03-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Just buy the wrangler back because then you'll stop bitching and looking for a new car. :goof You liked it didn't you? I guess it was ok when I drove it for like 2 weeks but i'd rather have the 4L auto with power options...just make sure it's what you really want.

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
4 cyl in a jeep? That's like buying a Mustang with a 6. Ooops nevermind... ;)

Yeah, I have this problem with buying base model vehicles... Saves me money though... :durr

Just buy the wrangler back because then you'll stop bitching and looking for a new car. :goof You liked it didn't you? I guess it was ok when I drove it for like 2 weeks but i'd rather have the 4L auto with power options...just make sure it's what you really want.

Power options?? Ummm I think the only available options on a Wrangler X (4.0L I6) are Automatic, Fog Lamps, Cruise, Hardtop, Full Doors...

Flight_740
03-18-2006, 10:37 AM
I35t

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Is it in??!?!?! I think I'm guna take a ride out there in like 5 min... I looked at the Jeep... Poor thing I wouldn't buy it back...

Flight_740
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I have it here now. We are about ready to close though.

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 02:38 PM
**** I thought it said 4pm on the website...

Flight_740
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
HAHA, yeah I need to update that. 4pm if im busy. I have had to many strokes today and Im ready to go home.

Anyway, the car is not a T model. But it does have everything but nav. Hell the rear seats are even heated.

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Mmmmm Damn... I'd say I'd come out today but I'd feel like a stroke since I'm not buying today... And don't really wanna keep ya there if ya wanna go home... I know how it is...

Flight_740
03-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Mmmmm Damn... I'd say I'd come out today but I'd feel like a stroke since I'm not buying today... And don't really wanna keep ya there if ya wanna go home... I know how it is...

Thanks.

The car will be front rowed for the weekend if you want to take a drive by and look at it.

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Front row... Yeah... I'll prolly drive by... If it were closer I could prolly make it there by 3 hahaha... I'll drop ya a PM on it later on... Thanks again... Are the rest of the times on the website correct?!? lol I could stop by Monday morning and have a closer look at it...

Flight_740
03-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Yea, the rest of those times are correct BUT............. :rolf I don't get here until about 9:30 every morning.

Ok, later Im going home. Have a good weekend. :thumbsup

Here is the link to the car. If the pics are not up now, wait an hour. Autotrader is slow.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=198740647&dealer_id=8824515&car_year=2002&search_type=both&make=INFIN&distance=25&model=I35&address=53227&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1142717165060&min_price=&end_year=2002&start_year=2002&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=0