PDA

View Full Version : She's home...but right into storage :(

T-Bag
03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I got her home safely (trailered), cleaned up and into storage until it gets nice again. I rode it for a couple blocks....I will never go back to a four cylinder bike again.

http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1342.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1343.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1344.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1345.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1346.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1347.jpg
http://tschritz.mynuts.org/images/superhawk/IMG_1348.jpg

CruxGNZ
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice, very nice :thumbsup Can you say clutchless wheelies in second gear? :D

T-Bag
03-16-2006, 06:20 PM

Indeed I can...especially with me only weighing 165.

UnderPSI
03-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Mmmmmm torque. :thumbsup

CruxGNZ
03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Hell yeah! Around town, it's hard to wind the piss out of a 4 cylinder to take full advantage of it. V-twin's have so much more fun in a city. My next bike will have a custom plate that reads FT LBS

T-Bag
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Hell yeah! Around town, it's hard to wind the piss out of a 4 cylinder to take full advantage of it. V-twin's have so much more fun in a city. My next bike will have a custom plate that reads FT LBS

You know...I've been trying to think of a custom plate for awhile now, and I wish I would have had your idea. No worries...I won't take your plates :)

sloLs1
03-16-2006, 09:12 PM

get a R1 and you wont have a problem doing clutchless wheelies in second or third :devil !!!

Josepy
03-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Very nice bike. I had a twin and hated it. Went back to a 4. I have GSXR1000

Rifleman WI
03-17-2006, 12:41 AM
nice bike.. my buddies gotta ninja zx-10R and i love it..

HITMAN
03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
get a R1 and you wont have a problem doing clutchless wheelies in second or third :devil !!!

Build a turbo 'Busa and you won't have any problem doing clutchless wheelies at a buck forty... :eek:

loud91rs
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Nice bike Tyler, Congratulations :thumbsup

Donny O.
03-18-2006, 01:46 AM
super chickens are nice bikes....lots of fun but still more comfy than most other twins out there. I like the color also...nice bike!!

HRSEPLA
03-18-2006, 07:29 AM
"My next bike will have a custom plate that reads FT LBS[/QUOTE]"

Careful, a bunch of chicks with fat feet will be asking for rides..lol

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Not to piss on your parade but a STOCK 03-06 GSXR 1000 can pull wheelies in second gear with no clutch and stock gearing. I weigh 220lbs and I never had a problem. My bike can pull them in third with no clutch with my engine work right now. Id be more then happy to show you anytime, my bike is my life! Im not knocking twins by any means though, I had a TL 1000 and Aprillia RSV 1000, there awesome for the street but just dont compete on the track. Hence the reason Aprillia and Ducati had to create there own circuit.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 08:18 AM
let me know when you want to go for a ride!!!!

T-Bag
03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Not to piss on your parade but a STOCK 03-06 GSXR 1000 can pull wheelies in second gear with no clutch and stock gearing. I weigh 220lbs and I never had a problem. My bike can pull them in third with no clutch with my engine work right now. Id be more then happy to show you anytime, my bike is my life! Im not knocking twins by any means though, I had a TL 1000 and Aprillia RSV 1000, there awesome for the street but just dont compete on the track. Hence the reason Aprillia and Ducati had to create there own circuit.

I know that, you have a supersport, what do ya expect? I would never expect to compete with a 4 cylinder 1000 superbike. I'll probably have a hard enough time keeping up with some of the 600RR's/R6's out there. I just love twins, they sound great, the torque is EVERYWHERE and just feel...right to me.

Do you ever got to Brookfield Square bike night? Otherwise we usually ride around the eagle or holy hill area :loser

ACRturbo
03-18-2006, 12:37 PM
My 4 banger bike has plenty of torque, and on stock gearing also. Power cammander and sprocket are on the way once my taxes come back!

STEALTHZR2
03-18-2006, 12:41 PM
:drool: :drool:

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Just moved here from cali, havent had much time to "ride" I know the winters here are the reason that the roads suck...but damn im almost affraid to ride hard out here because of them. Let me know when you want to ride!

Slow Joe
03-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Our old R1 had no problems doing wheelies at 100mph... With a passenger... :thumbsup Hrmmm maybe I should get a bike... :rolf Everytime I say that I change my mind... :durr

T-Bag
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Just moved here from cali, havent had much time to "ride" I know the winters here are the reason that the roads suck...but damn im almost affraid to ride hard out here because of them. Let me know when you want to ride!

Yah...lots of roads in milwaukee are **** because the city doesn't maintain them. Go to the suburbs/country the roads are fine. I'll deff let you know.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I was out for a bit today. Starting to get a little sick of my F'ed up race plastics but I stunt alot so its really not worth fixing them and Im not a believer of crash cages, they get in the way! I love it though, looks like a POS. But the POS is only skin deep!

mrz28M6
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
so you're saying an rc-51 isnt a track bike? hmm thats a good one! tyler get the full fairing kit too, its makes the bike look so much better!! dont mind me asking but what did ya end up paying for the superchicken? i think i really miss my bike :(

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 04:47 PM
When was the last time you saw the RC-51 compete on the superbike circuit? I didnt say it wasnt a race bike, i said it was in a different catergory and in MOST casses you DO NOT see them on the race track other then AMA Amature or Advance Class....Not pro level....Although Nicky Hayden does endorse the RC-51. I used to race at Cal Speedway and Laguna Seca and I plan to race at blackhawk and road america this year in the Advance class like I did there....If you want to see it with your own eyes come on down. Twins are NOT track friendly, there a different kind of power.....hence the reason that Aprillia nd Ducati created a class of there own on the circuit.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 04:49 PM
And screw the full fairing kit.....I used to run street fighter syle on the city streets...it looks sick....the plastics do nothing but help with aerodynamics so they dont matter on the streets.

T-Bag
03-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I am so-so on the sharkskinz lower fairing...I may do it, I may not. I probably won't do it though. We'll see how I feel later on.

I have one riding buddy that has the kit on, and it looks good, but we'll see.

Cryptic
03-18-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.crypticvault.com/gallery/86_VF1000R

My brother's 86' VF-1000R is a heavy son of b!tch. I don't think it's got the torque to pull a clutchless wheelie, nor would I want to try with the weight of the bike.

we're redoing the fork seals and the bearings while we had some powder coating done.

this is what it looked like before, except previous owner had the rims painted white.

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20Directories/Honda%20Bikes/images/Honda-VF1000R-86.jpg

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Who around here does powder coating? Do they do aluminum? Yeah they are heavy.......or they were. My gixxer with my race plastics and my ohlins stuff and carbon fiber wheels weighs in at 351lbs wet.

scubastang
03-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Who around here does powder coating? Do they do aluminum? Yeah they are heavy.......or they were. My gixxer with my race plastics and my ohlins stuff and carbon fiber wheels weighs in at 351lbs wet.

Nice Hawk btw! Get rid of those D&D pipes though ;)

i just got a bunch of my bike parts done at Motorsports Powercoating in Delavan. Nice guy, resonably priced.

You will love road america. I plan on doing 2 of the NESBA days this year there. :thumbsup

T-Bag
03-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Nice Hawk btw! Get rid of those D&D pipes though ;)

i just got a bunch of my bike parts done at Motorsports Powercoating in Delavan. Nice guy, resonably priced.

You will love road america. I plan on doing 2 of the NESBA days this year there. :thumbsup

Why would I get rid of D&D pipes?

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-19-2006, 10:33 AM
D&D's are the way to go....I have the same pipe actually, carbon as well........mine is pretty rashed up though. Im looking forward to road america!.......im miss cal speedway and laguna seca though

scubastang
03-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Why would I get rid of D&D pipes?

because a nice set of akro's would look and sound nicer hehe :chair:

T-Bag
03-19-2006, 06:30 PM
because a nice set of akro's would look and sound nicer hehe :chair:

Not really....

scubastang
03-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Not really....

i was simply messing around at first but not to burst your bubble but D&D quality is not the nicest and they are know in the motorycle world as the ricer pipes

but that is another topic....nice bike and wear that gear! :thumbsup

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Went out riding yesterday, hoping to get out today again........ Some of you guys need to get your bikes out and go for it....

scubastang
03-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Went out riding yesterday, hoping to get out today again........ Some of you guys need to get your bikes out and go for it....

once my parts get back from the coaters (lol sounds like I am buying a turbo kit) and i get my bike put back together i'll shoot you a PM....we can hit up some twisties....southern kettle morain route or something

:thumbsup

ACRturbo
03-20-2006, 01:07 PM

I've been out plenty already, last weekenmd and some this weekend. I can't wait till summer. Let me know when you guys go out, i can get some healthy packs together.

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-20-2006, 02:02 PM
hahaha, your worried about poweder coat......my bike is a ugliest thing on the planet right now! Race plastics all F'ed up, Upper fairing stay bracket held together with duct tape! Gettin ready to just run street fighter style, it looks like ass! What you think they would charge to powerder coat a frame?

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh and not to be a ****.....but I stunt, i stunt alot, used to ride with US 905 Racing out of san diego...but i cant stand people that ride wheelies and do stoppies on the street. Its just stupid and assanine, there is a place for that stuff and its not the street so if any of you guys ride like that I want no part in it.

T-Bag
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
i was simply messing around at first but not to burst your bubble but D&D quality is not the nicest and they are know in the motorycle world as the ricer pipes

but that is another topic....nice bike and wear that gear! :thumbsup

Well the "bad quality" of D&D pipes have proven to be the best bang for the buck mixed with a stage 1 Dynojet kit compared to the likes of Yoshimura/Micron, etc for these bikes. I don't know or care about what they do on others, I've seen real life numbers off of a buddies 98 Superhawk between the D&D and Yosh pipes, a 6 wheel HP difference is quite a bit for slip-ons.

Anyways, I gotta get my gear yet, I'm broke right now from buying the bike and a new tire. I don't like to ride with assclowns either, although you do have to put up with it during bike night and I've never had any problems...yet

Grim_Reeper7.0
03-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Dont have to put up with anything.......i will just simply avoid them. I dont need people to ride with, less crap to worry about. Last thing i need to worry about is some ass in front of me loosing a wheelie.Blah.......morons....... As far as pipes go.......not sure where you get this "ricer Pipe" thing from. As i can see, sport bikes are not NEARLY as bike here as they are in So Cal and the D&D is not only one of the best performing but best sounding. you can believe what the compaines tell you but i know for fact, ive tried Muzzy, Yosh, D&D, Devil, akropovic and black widow on my bike, the only one that showed more power on the dyno then the D&D was the black widow but it was WAY to damn loud.