PDA

View Full Version : Finally Payed the F-Body Tax off......

A B4C Z
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Today i orderd the infamous rear end. I went with something new so we will see how it bolts in and fits. From pictures on ls1tech it should be fine and from words of some sponsers on there it "bolts right in" but theres always the fine print if you know what I mean.

I went with a Strange Dana 60 Rear. It has 35 spline axles the Detroit Tru-Trac posi which is much stronger than the eaton posi. I Got the optional allum. cover(but its powder coated black). It comes with the sway bar mounting brackets on it the lca brackets on it and all i had to do was send in backing plates which i just bought new ones so i didnt have to rip mine off my axle now. Has everything for ABS and can also be orderd for TC cars. I went with the 411 gears also. The only Extra mod is that you have to get the driveshaft shorten well i just orderd a new one and comes with new slip yoke and u joints.

Now 3-4 weeks and ill be ready to bust my ass to put it in. The car should be a whole new animal this year with the Sphon TA and Kooks Long tubes added to it. Cant wait to see what it does. And thanks to Jeff(slowc5) last year he gave me his old drag radials. I now cant turn back to street tires cause they hook worth a ****. It was the first time I had ever run a "real" tire on a car.

Ill let you guys know how it fits and such. Theres always the next guy that is looking to get a 12bolt/9inch/dana 60.

Kyle

SLOWC5
03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
are we finally going to see you launch that car like it was made to be launched?

let me know if you need a lift:)

JEFF

A B4C Z
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Haha Ya...maybe ill take the front sway bar out like the hard core guys (chris and tom)

Jeff i like the location now hahah.

Kyle

95 TA - The Beast
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I'll be sure to post pics in the next week or so when mine comes in... :thumbsup :devil

Mine was ordered as soon as they became publicly 'available', about a month or so ago... I actually waited on this since last year to see how they turned out...

It was going to be one of the 'secret' additions... But, I am sure some people I have mentioned it to let the word out and now everyone is just 'copying'... :rolf :headbang :chair:

I do have quite a few more 'tricks' in store for everyone this year... :D

It will be a good year... Yes... Yes... Yes... A very good year INDEED!!! :devil :punch:

Cryptic
03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Today i orderd the infoumous rear end.

:confused http://m-w.com/dictionary/infoumous

98whitegpgt
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
:confused http://m-w.com/dictionary/infoumous

:rolf

TransAm12sec
03-14-2006, 01:02 AM
What did it cost?

BAD LS1
03-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Well there will indeed be some Dodge in the garage of Chevys now lol. It is a pretty sweet deal, and is bullet proof. I only wonder how much power it saps vs, a 9" or the infamous 8-3/4" GM 12 bolt.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Well there will indeed be some Dodge in the garage of Chevys now lol. It is a pretty sweet deal, and is bullet proof. I only wonder how much power it saps vs, a 9" or the infamous 8-3/4" GM 12 bolt.

Dana is not a Mopar product... They sell to EVERYONE, as I believe just about all truck manufacturers have used the Dana 60 in thier big-dog trucks at some point... And lets not forget the industrial equipment where they got thier start, as well as the military... It just so happens that Mopar decided to put them in thier cars back in the 60s as stock... :shades

That was a nice added bonus of going this route vs a 9", I don't have to have no POS Ford product under my car... All GM and proper aftermarket here... :thumbsup

Also, this is a Strange custom casting, that just happens to use all Dana60 internals, if you want to be technical about it... ;)

And, yeah it will be nice to be completely bullet-proof finally... :banana

BAD LS1
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
The reason i mentioned MOPAR is because the Dana 60 is mainly found under the dodge trucks these days. I think GM uses one besides the corporate 14 bolt semi and full floater axle arrangment for the 3/4 ton Diesel trucks as part of the duramax/allison combo heavy duty package? And also a Dana axle in the quadra steer GM fullsizes and Suburbans.

To each their own. Now that there are several aftermarket rear end options, I dont think this Dana 60 rear is superior to a 12 bolt mainly because they share the same rough architecture. A 9" strength seems to be certainly most attractive to the drag racing community.

By no means will this Dana 60 set two cars apart performance wise with similar builds besides the 1" diff in ring gear size.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 09:45 AM
But the Dana60 is about as indestructable as you can get for the money... No comparison to a 12-bolt in strength as 12-bolts fail regularly, just read any of the f-body boards for that...

The biggest issue with a 9" (other than it being a Ford POS), is that is has a 2.25" dropped pinion from center, which accounts for a lot of it's power loss through that rear... The Dana60 loss is in the sheer size of the pinion and ring gear (and yes the Dana60 pinion is bigger than the 9", and compared to a 12-bolt pinion it is massive)...

I would venture to say that if the S60 is everything it is cracked up to be there would really be no need for any other option in the f-body world, as it would be the best and offer all options (abs/tcs/etc)...

Who said anything about one rear end beating another rear end in similar cars??? (methinks there is too much 'competition' minded BS around here) :durr

All that was said was that for the money it is not worth looking at a 12-bolt or a 9" anymore... This was input on a piece of equipment, not a thumping of the chest saying one car will beat another... :confused

This is all about a 'bullet-proof' rear with ALL the options finally being available that does not require all the compromises of the others (12-bolt being weak, 9" being no abs/tcs and a piss-poor pinion angle built-in)...

If your feeling 'sore' about buying an inferior rear end, don't, as these just became available, and those of us that didn't buy until now get to reap the benefits, where-as you have had traction all this time by buying what you have when you did... Hell there are a lot of guys with 12-bolts on other boards selling thier setups to buy S60s... :headbang

HP ADDICT
03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Where did you guys order? How much are these units fully assembled? Is there a long wait to get one? Thanks,
Randy

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
this is just too funny.

i could go on with my thoughts about the differences, but i'd just be defending my 9" and it's 5-10rwhp less dyno figures. but in the end, how much e.t. would that really be? i'd say variances in shifting and weather would have an ever great effect.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
this is just too funny.

i could go on with my thoughts about the differences, but i'd just be defending my 9" and it's 5-10rwhp less dyno figures. but in the end, how much e.t. would that really be? i'd say variances in shifting and weather would have an ever great effect.

Agreed... I personally did not like the pinion angle drop, from an engineering perspective... Plus I wanted ABS and all the other goodies as well... Oh and the lack of a Ford POS under my car (I think you guys get the idea that I really don't like Ford stuff on my GM)... :D

In all actuality I think the S60 still may lose a little more than the 9", but no-one has given accurate numbers just yet...

A B4C Z
03-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Where did you guys order? How much are these units fully assembled? Is there a long wait to get one? Thanks,
Randy
I got mine from speed inc on a GP. Ended today at 11am. It was 2378.00 + shipping were most places say 150-200 ish. Then you need to send your backing plates and or get new ones to send to strange. Cant wait to get it should be a nice peice from the looks of the pictures on ls1tech.

The wait is 3-4 weeks and i just oreded mine yesterday. Ill let you know when it arrives and will get pictures up asap as long as Chris(crawlinz) has his camera at work here that day.

Kyle

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
it's always here :)

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Ford POS under my car (I think you guys get the idea that I really don't like Ford stuff on my GM)...

Yeah, I think we all get the point...

Now back to a 12-Bolt, isn't that an 8.75" Ring Gear, similar to Ford's 8.8" Rear End?? If that's the case then with the right parts wouldn't a 12-Bolt hold up? :confused I'm not saying a Ford 8.8 is indestructable, just that from what I've understood they can go a long way with the correct parts...

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
the only people really blowing up 12-bolts are those with posi's. i know a ton of guys with 12 bolt/spools that are lasting perfectly fine. if you run a 600hp car, launching on slicks, in a 6speed, in a posi rear 12-bolt, at some point it's gonna blow up, not meant for that hard of launches.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
the only people really blowing up 12-bolts are those with posi's. i know a ton of guys with 12 bolt/spools that are lasting perfectly fine. if you run a 600hp car, launching on slicks, in a 6speed, in a posi rear 12-bolt, at some point it's gonna blow up, not meant for that hard of launches.

See, that is the point, I went with the Posi myself, and I won't have to worry about blowing it up unless I get really stupid with the launches...

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 12:48 PM
but what i also meant by that, just food for conversation, is that's gonna happen with everything. I got a buddy, same HP level, 6-speed, on a detroit locker and that blew up. had to just give up and go spool for ultimate durability.

the only people you see blowing stuff up, are the peopl putting it through it's paces and TRY to make a street car a 100% durable drag car. it's not gonna happen. you have to sacrifice in one way or another at some point.

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 12:56 PM
the only people you see blowing stuff up, are the peopl putting it through it's paces and TRY to make a street car a 100% durable drag car. it's not gonna happen. you have to sacrifice in one way or another at some point.

Yup, that's what I was thinking as well...

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
but what i also meant by that, just food for conversation, is that's gonna happen with everything. I got a buddy, same HP level, 6-speed, on a detroit locker and that blew up. had to just give up and go spool for ultimate durability.

But there is the key, some of us want a durable street car that can handle some track duty without breaking stuff every time out...

And sacrifice usually means the easy way out... It ALL can be done, it comes down to money, time and engineering... ;)

theavenger333
03-14-2006, 01:30 PM
aka money

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
ok.... but you went about talking about people blow up these 12 bolts... and like i said, there's a reason, and it's because people want it ALL, when honestly you won't get it all.

if you want to put a posi in a car that is gonna be a high HP car, that's fine, but the internal structure of a HD posi unit is gonna be pretty much the same no matter what rear end is in the car. the same basic materials and the same basic engineering in that posi unit are gonna be it's failure.

i'm seeing people thrive over this thing like it's an end all/be all for rear ends when it won't be. it's just another alternative to be "different" than the typical guy out there right now. why should i cut the top of the mounting area of my spohn torque arm to fit this thing? thank god i have a fully adjustable rod end PHR, so i can space it out seeing as it's pretty close to hitting the rear end cover.

2- True-Track is standard along with Power-Lock wich are good for 600 RWHP

but if your car is over the 600 Hp mark your NEED to be in a locker

When we say 1200 hp on the gear set that does not mean your posi will take that kind of a power most of the time posi gives up way before you start breaking ring gears.
Ring gear does not increase strength of the posi you just have figure out how you want to use the car a 800hp car that does not race is fine with tru-track to power lock but a 600 hp car that races on a 28 tall tire that want to leave on T/brake I would put him in a spool or locker.

Right from Martin at Strange

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Chris, the point is with it being cheaper than ANY of the other alternatives, along with it offering ALL the f-body options, there is NO REASON to buy any other rear if you are in the market for one... That is the point...

Ok, two reasons someone may like the 9" more than the Dana60:

1) Drop-out carrier of the 9" for quick gear changes (true-racer only option, really)

2) Wanting a gear lower than a 3.55 (like some boosted guys that want as low a gear as possible)

But other than those, since this is cheaper, and stronger overall, there shouldn't be any need since it does support all the options...

And I disagree on the 12-bolt comment that they only break because of this or that, I have heard horror stories of the bearings being too small with 35-spline axles, carrier bearing issues, diff issues, broken ring/pinions, etc... Point being that the Dana60 setup is known far and wide for being nearly indestructable, end of story... Just checkout the rock-crawler guys, you will find most of them using the Dana60 or even stronger rears... The 12-bolt is known to be only as strong as a Dana44 and the 9" is in-between...

And to be honest, to build a 9" to the Dana60 level it costs some serious coinage... No doubt there is a big aftermarket for them (whoa be it for Ford guys to run some other name brand, as they are even more brand loyal than almost anyone else out there), but to build them to bulletproof and extreme levels it is quite costly... All I am saying is that for the money spent nothing else can touch a S60, which I believe is a pretty reasonable and fair comment...

BAD LS1
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
12 bolt stays with the spool and 4.30's. Ill be trying plenty hard to spill the 12 bolt's gut's at the track this year... Going for that desired E/T.

BAD LS1
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Well Kyle, you got those slicks, good clutch, good d/s, and decent mods... You should able to put the Dana 60 to good use at the track this year!

However... Not even a 10 bolt 7.625" will break on the dyno, even a inferior 12 bolt made out of dry play-doh will hold up from what im told :headbang

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Well Kyle, you got those slicks, good clutch, good d/s, and decent mods... You should able to put the Dana 60 to good use at the track this year!

However... Not even a 10 bolt 7.625" will break on the dyno, even a inferior 12 bolt made out of dry play-doh will hold up from what im told :headbang

Hmm, a little 'sore' there Tom... Your 'subtle' hints are all but... Why not just speak your mind???

BAD LS1
03-14-2006, 06:26 PM
If your feeling 'sore' about buying an inferior rear end, don't, as these just became available, and those of us that didn't buy until now get to reap the benefits, where-as you have had traction all this time by buying what you have when you did... Hell there are a lot of guys with 12-bolts on other boards selling thier setups to buy S60s...

The above is slightly condesening, which will undoubtedly make anyone have a responce.

Hmm, a little 'sore' there Tom... Your 'subtle' hints are all but... Why not just speak your mind???

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/7/9477547_B_tn.jpg

I am trying to be very much as blunt as a spoon though, someone shoves you, you shove back.

My mind has been spoken in the previous post... dont know how much further i can elaborate for ya?

Im very happy with the 12 bolt i purchased for my car, and will continue to be.

End of argument. No further rebuttle required.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
The above is slightly condesening, which will undoubtedly make anyone have a responce.

I am trying to be very much as blunt as a spoon though, someone shoves you, you shove back.

My mind has been spoken in the previous post... dont know how much further i can elaborate for ya?

Im very happy with the 12 bolt i purchased for my car, and will continue to be.

End of argument. No further rebuttle required.

Actually, I wasn't being condenscending at all, given the fact that I already stated a lot of others were breaking thier 12-bolts, that is all... If your not making enough power to break yours, then so be it... Now that is a jab... :devil

And like I said previously, if your happy, then fine, this was primarily for all of those that have YET to buy a rear for thier cars... And I already expressed my views on that prior to this...

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Not trying to put words in anyones mouth, just being an instigator... I think Tom's trying to say it don't matter what rear you have in your car if all you're going to use it on is the Dyno...

EDIT: :rolf Now that's a jab...

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Not trying to put words in anyones mouth, just being an instigator... I think Tom's trying to say it don't matter what rear you have in your car if all you're going to use it on is the Dyno...

EDIT: :rolf Now that's a jab...

And your the LAST to talk on ANY of this being a slow ass V6... :rolf :flipoff2:

You are obviously just sore that you own a POS slow ass car that can't make enough HP to get out of it's own way... So take a hint, STFU if you don't want to get slammed... :devil

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Hrmm interesting... See that's the funny thing, it don't really matter how fast my car is, we aren't talking about MY car, we're talking about yours... And you're the one that said:

Why not just speak your mind???

Yeah, I know it was pointed at Tom, but still, I always speak my mind... I know my car's slow, but I still like it just as much... I'm just saying that it don't matter what rear end you have if all you're going to do is use it on a dyno... If your car is all that you say it is I expect to see it at the track, and honestly I'm not trying to make enemies, just saying what's on my mind from what I've read... Take it how you wish... and explain this thing about me getting "slammed" please... I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer... :durr

Oh yeah and I've probably driven 6-Cylinder cars that would top "the beast"...

You tell me oh car guru what 3 numbers, 6 opposed cylinders, 6 forward gears, 4 wheels worth of drive, 2 doors, and low to mid 10 sec 1/4 mi times gives you... And I'll give ya a cookie and lay off your case... :durr :rolf

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Wow, and do you actually own this turbo Porsche 911??? Didn't think so... :wooo
Or it may be another Porsche number, but it is a Porsche nontheless...

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Naw, my Dad's old car just sold it back in July '05... 2001 911 Twin Turbo.. I did get to drive it though, and more than once... It had a suspension/handling kit, and a few other mods... Fun car none the less... Here's your cookie, it's a girlscout cookie... MMM gotta love the mint ones... :thumbsup

Edit: Since it's a 2001 it was acutally a 996... Whoops... and it's a Bi-Turbo according to Porsche... I'm just all backwards today... :shades

Poncho
03-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree who gives a **** how much horsepower you have.

might as well have a Dyno Queen Supra.

it's not about the horsepower you have, it's what you can put down.

can't just talk all the time right?
gotta walk sometimes too.

I talked (400, stock HP, most people dyno 340-355, blah blah)
then I walked. 13 flat @ 108, best trap of 110, stock.

nothing big, but at least I can say I walked.

get off Toms d1ck, as least he knows what his runs, not "maybes and could bes"

and get off Joes d1ck, he bought his car new, and is proud of it.

you buy your car new?

so my stock car might dyno @ 355whp, but at least I know it can run a 13 flat all day as it came from the boat.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:49 PM
You guys talk like I have never been to the track, are you kidding me???

I just haven't been there since I built the 383...

Best to date with my old non-aftercooled s-trim 355 was a 11.29@127.8... Which is still better than most around here, so it is not a matter of not going to the track...

I did find I couldn't hook up at all with the 383 setup, which would require sticky tires and with a stock 10-bolt that broke already once on the street, there was no way I could launch at the strip...

And who said I wouldn't run this year??? :devil

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
And actually, yes I did buy my car brand new, even ordered it to my liking, and waited for it...

Grow up, you are way off base...

I was making REAL power before most of you even owned cars or could drive... And did it all on MY dime while livingout in the REAL world on my own, not shacking up with mommy and daddy having them pay for everything while you pour money into just toys like a lot of you guys do... :flipoff2:

97PontiacW68
03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
i have to chime in here as well.. i own a v6 firebird.. yeah its not fast.. i could care less.. i like it the way it is.. eventually ill be getting a t/a i love the sound of a 350 v8.. but im working with what i got and i dont talk smack on here i jus come on here to make time pass at work.. so ur basically saying everyones v6s on here are a POS? hes got a brand new mustang .. mines a 97 mine must be real big piece then hey champ?

Poncho
03-14-2006, 07:53 PM
just wondering why you hate joe and his 6-stang.

don't know why you ride everyone that doesn't see your opinion or have your setup.

unless you're making yourself try to feel better.

which you really shouldn't. all you should have to do to feel better is walk out to your garage and look at your beast. but instead you start **** w/ half the forum over the last month.

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:55 PM
i have to chime in here as well.. i own a v6 firebird.. yeah its not fast.. i could care less.. i like it the way it is.. eventually ill be getting a t/a i love the sound of a 350 v8.. but im working with what i got and i dont talk smack on here i jus come on here to make time pass at work.. so ur basically saying everyones v6s on here are a POS? hes got a brand new mustang .. mines a 97 mine must be real big piece then hey champ?

Nope, didn't make mention of anyone else buy him becuase of his mouthing off all over the place where he should just stay out of it... But if you want to join the club, be my guest... Remember you threw the first stone, I didn't have a beef with you before this... Don't get all upset because you resemble someone else that creates problems for themselves by stirring the pot just because your have the same number of cylinders... That is pretty much doing yourself a disservice, isn't it?

Crawlin
03-14-2006, 07:55 PM
now dennis, i mean this with 100% open, honest, not trying to start bullshit question...

was that 11.2 in the T/A or in the LT1 SS vert that it was in afterwards? Cause I remember that car running an 11.2 and me thinking about how it didn't have the cage in it :)

never knew if you got that much out of it

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey from what I was hearing it sounded like it was a dyno queen... That's cool... I didn't order mine... They had just what I wanted so it was all good... It's all good man, as long as it's not a dyno queen... I have no respect for people that talk big **** about their cars and don't run 'em... I know mine's slow... I don't care, I like it none the less, and you like yours... Which is good... Maybe once I sink a few more parts and dollars into mine we'll take a run down the 1/4... :thumbsup Not a call out or anything... Just a friendly race, ya know...

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 07:56 PM
now dennis, i mean this with 100% open, honest, not trying to start bullshit question...

was that 11.2 in the T/A or in the LT1 SS vert that it was in afterwards? Cause I remember that car running an 11.2 and me thinking about how it didn't have the cage in it :)

never knew if you got that much out of it

Chris, that was my TA with ET streets...

I ran 12.0-12.1 all day long on street tires... Just ask GLD Greg, he saw the car plenty of times...

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 07:58 PM
hes got a brand new mustang

Lemme correct this one while I still remember... It was brand new... 5 years and 73k miles ago... :thumbsup :rolf

95 TA - The Beast
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
just wondering why you hate joe and his 6-stang.

don't know why you ride everyone that doesn't see your opinion or have your setup.

unless you're making yourself try to feel better.

which you really shouldn't. all you should have to do to feel better is walk out to your garage and look at your beast. but instead you start **** w/ half the forum over the last month.

Hey here is the reality of the situation...

A few years back I come on teh scene for the first time after having spent years working on and running my car...

I am received pretty well, but then all of this **** talking starts, people talking behind my back, people saying **** I never said, etc... All while I am being the nicest guy out there helping absoloutly everyone out in any way I can... Well the BS continues to the point that I don't care to come around here anymore, pretty much take time off from doing much with the car and focus on other things in life...

Then I find out there is still a ton of **** talking going on and decide I would come back ans see all this ass-kissing of totally stupid proportions... With some of the asses that rubbed me the wrong way before as well as a whole bunch of new stupidity... So, why not call a couple people out on teh wrongs I have been done in the past (Dan) and then bring to light some of the other stupidity everyone else seems to be ignoring (everything else people are sore about)...

That is pretty much it in a nutshell... If you notice I made some not-so-bad posts well before I got into it with people about the whole shop thing... It pretty much went downhill from there... Even my post in this thread wasn't at all threatening, some people just took it the wrong way because of some of that old 'bad blood' that they themselves created... Oh well, life goes on...

97PontiacW68
03-14-2006, 08:04 PM
my bad haha thought that said 05.. long day at the office i need out!! hah

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Dennis... Come on man I think you need a hug... :rolf I might be a newer guy around here, but I just watch... Post my opinions and drive my slow car... Don't really care that it's slow it'll make it there... Hey you only live once, mightas well make the best of it... I have an idea... And this is just a concept... Instead of making things worse between people and causing aggrivation, why don't you try to be friends, see what happens... Sometimes people do change with age, mature, and learn things from other things that have happened... We all have our opinions... I mean hey you like your Pontiac, I like my Ford, once again another opinion... But we can get past and over it... It's cool what you've done to your car and what you've invested and such... I'm actually interested to see it on the track... And no I'm not being sarcastic... I'm actually a friendly guy... :thumbsup Oh and Instead of that hug, how about a beer... :durr

Poncho
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
yea man I was just wondering.

I just got Toms back, after all, he used to be my neighbor.

MoreTorque
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Springtime calls for the:

Slow Joe
03-14-2006, 08:18 PM
:rolf Drama Llama... Yeah see and I've got Tom's back too... So yeah... Obviously Tom is popular... :rolf

FourEyedFord
03-15-2006, 07:54 PM

This just comes to mind Tom-
Don't claim the power, if you can't mile per hour!!!!! :D

SlowStee
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM
And actually, yes I did buy my car brand new, even ordered it to my liking, and waited for it...

Grow up, you are way off base...

I was making REAL power before most of you even owned cars or could drive... And did it all on MY dime while livingout in the REAL world on my own, not shacking up with mommy and daddy having them pay for everything while you pour money into just toys like a lot of you guys do... :flipoff2:
you shady ****

Slow Joe
03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Ah yes Diva you found one part that I really just skimmed over... That of course would hit a nerve... Oh well, whatever.. Don't care, this convo is over...

Oh yeah and if you were talking about me... I bought my car when I was 16, with assistance from my dad (since minors can't legally enter into contracts) oh and he was paid off 100% with interest by the time I was 18... I didn't have a choice but to live with my parents, I was a minor...

Poncho
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
i was out @ 17.

paid for my 98 GTP

owe about 18 maybe on the GTO yet. bought it last fall.