PDA

View Full Version : 94 Z28 doesnt fire up

Firefighter Z
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Here my problem... 1994 Camaro Z28
Opti is good whe I have taken it off, MSD coil is good along with other parts to make a car run.

I took every off and out to fix an oil leak coming from the water pump drive gear seal. I took my time with doing making sure the opti didnt get wet in which it didnt.
Now, I put everything back together today and went to start it up and it wont fire... It has fuel pressure cause I can smell it and I check the sharder valve, its just not getting any spark, not even from the coil pack.
I checked all fuses in which are good, swapped the old coil pack in and tried again and still no fire.

Any Ideas?

97z2801ss
03-13-2006, 12:32 AM
your getting voltage right?

Crawlin
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM
all fuses, all harnesses plugged back in? how about the wire from the coil to the opti, is that getting spark?

HP ADDICT
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
check the harness on the side of the intake that connects to the top of the opti. these can be a pain to install in the tight areas

Firefighter Z
03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
checked all of that. Spark is not coming from the coil, fuses are fine... Some people suggest that the Ignition Module is gone???

HP ADDICT
03-13-2006, 04:51 PM
checked all of that. Spark is not coming from the coil, fuses are fine... Some people suggest that the Ignition Module is gone???
Possible but its odd that it coincides with a repair....usually thats a loose/dirty connector or somthing somewhere..Did you check your grounds by the coil bracket? Still shoud start with that though. Stupid stuff like IAT sensor in the elbowor maf disconnected all that verified?

97PontiacW68
03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
did u figure it out yet josh?

Holeshot
03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Possible but its odd that it coincides with a repair....usually thats a loose/dirty connector or somthing somewhere..Did you check your grounds by the coil bracket? Still shoud start with that though. Stupid stuff like IAT sensor in the elbowor maf disconnected all that verified?
If you want to I can test the module for ya. Bring it down to NAPA in S Mil and ask for Dan. I am there till 4:30 Tues Wed and until 5 Thur Fri and I am working the week end too :wow

Reverend Cooper
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
make sure you have the ground wire connected for the ignition box

Firefighter Z
03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Thans for the help guys but I did find my problem that I over looked....
It happend to be one wire that went to the ignition coil pack... For as many times that it has been taken off and twisted the wire was hanging by a stran, so I soderd it back together and the car runs great, well sorta out of a few fouled TR55 plugs.
Go figure, one frinken little wire can cause a damn headache. Good thing I didnt buy an opti cause that would of been money down the crapper.
In other news my bolts came in and the DHL guy almost got a wrench inbedded in his forehead that was in my hand, mutha ****a walk right into my garage with a box and I was like who the F are you? Then I saw the box in his hand and thought to myself sweet my bolts are here. These delievery guys are getting ballsey every day.

Holeshot: you work at NAPA eh? Give any deals? This Checker auto in SM dont have shiat and always wants and arm or a leg for crap and I dont wanna stop at autozone.

350-Z28
03-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Well at least it was something simple, it's always nice when things like that work out, had a problem kinda like that with my 84, and found out my HEI went to ****, luckily i happened to have a billet distributor and new HEI chillin from a recent jefferson buy =D Too bad you guys aren't saab experts my daily driver took a **** and my dad is even confused (worked on em for 30 odd years).

Holeshot
03-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Holeshot: you work at NAPA eh? Give any deals? This Checker auto in SM dont have shiat and always wants and arm or a leg for crap and I dont wanna stop at autozone.
I am sure I can help you out ;)

wikked
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Well at least it was something simple, it's always nice when things like that work out, had a problem kinda like that with my 84, and found out my HEI went to ****, luckily i happened to have a billet distributor and new HEI chillin from a recent jefferson buy =D Too bad you guys aren't saab experts my daily driver took a **** and my dad is even confused (worked on em for 30 odd years).

I know a couple guys heavily into sLaabs.
What's wrong with it? I'll ask 'em.

GrimreaperSS
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Same here, I work at Concours. Can just walk over and ask the Saab guys. What year and Model? Whats wrong/happened? All that good stuff.

350-Z28
03-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Well I work at an independent saab shop and well it doesnt too much matter anymore, ran a compression test and more than likely while i was cleaning the head surface something fell into the head and caused the rattle. Number 1 and 4 cylinders are lower than 2 and 3 by quite a bit so that means the head comes off, but even before that it ran shitty. Narrowed it down to a combination of bad air mass meter and faulty o-rings on the injectors causing a vacuum leak. Won't know if it's totally fixed until after i pull the head and put it back on.

But in case you guys have some ideas its my 1989 Saab 900 SPG, as you may know the 2.0 turbo B202 motor. Last three digits on the air mass meter are 013. Even before the knock it ran funny, changed air mass meter and it idled great, but if you so much as touched the throttle she killed, tried another one and you could rev it, but wouldnt idle. Still delving into vacuum leak solutions (i tried like 6 air mass meters) but since the head comes off i'll have plenty of time to look further.

If you guys have any advice PM it to me since I know this is way off topic =P

Thanks for the help,
Andy

Firefighter Z
03-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Well its alive! Good thing I didnt buy an opti.
It ended up be a single wire that go to the D connector that goes to the coil pack that had been twisted and broke off, so I soderd it back together and it start but it ran shiatty like a fouled plug, after about 7 mixer drinks of Captain Morgan it ended up being that my #8 and #2 plug wire were in the wrong spot.

Later on the Capatin kicked my ass with a hang over.

Beagle
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
its always the little problems that turn into the big ones

Firefighter Z
01-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Holy hell, talk about bringing up something from the dead LOL.