PDA

View Full Version : Waterheaters

slow85vette
03-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I have no hot water and taking cold showers the rest of the weekend doesn't sound very good to me. Does anyone know how to fix a waterheater? Or any suggestions on who to call?

theavenger333
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM
whats wrong with it, electric? gas? what.

slow85vette
03-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Its electric. It runs constantly and even when you flip the switch to turn if off and let it sit for a while it will still run after I turn it back on. And now the burner isn't lighting. I took it out and cleaned it and I now have lukewarm water.

Any ideas??

scottie K
03-09-2006, 09:46 PM
pm snkskiner or somthing like that

theavenger333
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
its not electric if there's a burner. that would be gas. electric units come with coils inside that warm the water, and i have no idea how gas ones work

slow85vette
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Alright, thanks for the help. I'm a dumbass when it comes to waterheaters.

turbogarrett
03-09-2006, 09:56 PM
I have a barely used 40 gal electric water heater I'll sell ya for dirt cheap, pm me if interested....

STKMACH
03-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I have no hot water and taking cold showers the rest of the weekend doesn't sound very good to me. Does anyone know how to fix a waterheater? Or any suggestions on who to call? Yes call me thats what I do Heating & Air Conditioning, water heaters, and boilers. I could tell ya who not to call lots of eye gougers out there. I'll PM you my # call me if your interested. PM sent

awsomeears
03-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Pick up tube inside it could be shat............

Or it could be just plain OLD.

STKMACH
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Its electric. It runs constantly and even when you flip the switch to turn if off and let it sit for a while it will still run after I turn it back on. And now the burner isn't lighting. I took it out and cleaned it and I now have lukewarm water.

Any ideas?? If it's got a switch and a burner its a power vented water heater. Is there a blower motor by the vent pipe? If there is no vent pipe it's an electric water heater.

HITMAN
03-10-2006, 04:21 AM
If it's a gas water heater, it could just be a bad thermocouple. If that's what it is, then it's fairly easy (and cheap) to replace.

DirtyMax
03-10-2006, 08:28 AM
If it's a gas water heater, it could just be a bad thermocouple. If that's what it is, then it's fairly easy (and cheap) to replace.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Hopefully that's all it is!

slow85vette
03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Alright, thanks to all who helped. Anyways, Blau Plumbing came out and fixed it today. Two things was wrong with the waterheater: the power vent and the spark ignition module both needed to be replaced.

Oh yea, I feel like I got ripped off. The total bill was 587.14!!

SlowStee
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Alright, thanks to all who helped. Anyways, Blau Plumbing came out and fixed it today. Two things was wrong with the waterheater: the power vent and the spark ignition module both needed to be replaced.

Oh yea, I feel like I got ripped off. The total bill was 587.14!!
you should have called Ken...Its what he does

awsomeears
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Blau Plumbing came out and fixed it today.

I would rather have my blind puppy fix my stuff and burn my house down before those HACKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step foot in my house.

Them and Flat rate and some other company I cant think of right now :flipoff2:

slow85vette
03-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I would rather have my blind puppy fix my stuff and burn my house down before those HACKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step foot in my house.

Them and Flat rate and some other company I cant think of right now :flipoff2:

Damn! I guess I just ****ed myself over, didn't I?? :eek:

awsomeears
03-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Damn! I guess I just ****ed myself over, didn't I?? :eek:

Well I have seen some nice jobs done by Blau so maybe your one of them, but you paid to much to get that fix, thats if that was the Real Problem.

Ehhhhh I could go on and on about shady places, and im not even a service tech, only did it several times and saw bogus stuff.

I could just imagine what our serivice guy @ my work see's :eek:

STKMACH
03-10-2006, 07:49 PM

Oh yea, I feel like I got ripped off. The total bill was 587.14!!Next time call me, For any furnace or air conditioning or water heater needs. It's an open market and they can charge what they want but do they want to keep a customer??? I know I do.

STKMACH
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
you should have called Ken...Its what he does Thanks Formy and all my customers keep calling me back.

slow85vette
03-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Ken, next time you'll be the 1st person I call about the waterheater, AC, etc

theavenger333
03-11-2006, 12:37 AM
587 dollars! owned..... http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=04233298000

STKMACH
03-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Ken, next time you'll be the 1st person I call about the waterheater, AC, etc Sounds good you have my #

awsomeears
03-11-2006, 02:57 AM
Ken, next time you'll be the 1st person I call about the waterheater, AC, etc

Yea give him a call because maybe then ill get a call to lend him a hand :thumbsup

**** a brand new water heater ( gravity ) is like $150 ish at home depot, not sure what brand it is but a guy @ my work told me that price-ish.

Never really checked on the price so it could be off but who knows :eek:

Next time just post here, there are peeps that will help you out install the stuff like ME or Ken :thumbsup ive yet to meet ken but ive talked to him and seems to know his stuff :thumbsup

slow85vette
03-11-2006, 06:29 AM
The waterheater that's in this house was put in back in 1992. Its getting up there in age so maybe next time the entire thing will just die. Who knows. Can anyone predict the future? :rolf

STKMACH
03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
The waterheater that's in this house was put in back in 1992. Its getting up there in age so maybe next time the entire thing will just die. Who knows. Can anyone predict the future? :rolf Little piece of advice a hot water should be drained once per year especally if you have hard water ie lots of sediment the anode will not collect all of it and will settle to the bottom which leads to a longer time to heat water and rusting the bottom of the tank. You should be ok for a while IMO.

Yooformula
03-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Ken, can I get your number? I might need some hot water heater assistance.

STKMACH
03-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Ken, can I get your number? I might need some hot water heater assistance. Number sent Yooformula.