PDA

View Full Version : Survey the DAMAGE

STEALTHZR2
03-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I had my real first bo bo with my truck. As I was leaving the RED Rooster last night I hit a trailer in my parking lot. As for you people know it was really foggy out last night 3/8. I couldn't see ****. One of the grounds keeper guys decided to leave his small trailer in the side parking lot next to the restaurant. I did not know he had backed in a trailer. Well he put the trailer next to my truck way to close. Course I couldn't see it also being so foggy out. As I was backing up to get out of the lot BAM!! and crunch. I told Johnny not to leave any of there crap in the lot. Well what does he do. Leaves it there anyway. Here's the damage. I almost fired him this mornig.

nismodave
03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
That AINT $hit........It will buff right out.

STEALTHZR2
03-09-2006, 07:58 PM
That AINT $hit........It will buff right out.
Where the scratch is it's bare metal and I pushed it about a inch or so in. So a rubber hammer will be needed. And a little painting

Slow Joe
03-09-2006, 08:28 PM
It could of been worse... I remember when I backed into a fire hydrant with my Grand Cherokee... It needed a bumper, and a tail light... It wasn't foggy... lol, I just wasn't paying attention...

nismodave
03-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, you are an off roader right??

Make something up where u did it on a trail when you were sideswiped by a White Hummer.

SmokinRAM114
03-09-2006, 08:38 PM
damn Pat that sux. but your truck still is pimp. that $hit'll buff out! could have been worse... my truck was 3 months new with paint and i turned into a pillar.pushed the bed side in 4inches. beat it out like a red headed step child... still there to this day.... scratched... :(

Anakonda69
03-09-2006, 08:42 PM
just look at it like this...could have been worse....i had a rust bubble last year in my rocker that has now opened up to a quarter size hole...i would like it fixed if anyone is interested....lol

H8RADE
03-09-2006, 09:21 PM

Make something up where u did it on a trail when you were sideswiped by a White Hummer.

No offroader would whine about that scratch.
Thats nothing more than 'character'.
Call me when you have to flip it over and pull the plugs to get the oil out of the cylinders.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bgcntry72/NewPaintJob.jpg
:headbang

sloLs1
03-09-2006, 10:48 PM
yea... if your into 4x4'n then that shouldnt phase you!!! it seems like everytime i go out wheelin i get back with another scratch or dent somewhere!!!

WilliamZ
03-09-2006, 10:48 PM
damn that sucks :(

Lash
03-09-2006, 11:28 PM
You should see my truck...lol.

Now you can get some of those LS2 flares!!!! :P

Shouldn't cost too much to fix. Probably around $300 +/- at a body shop plus maybe the cost of the flare (which I'm sure you can find one yourself).

STEALTHZR2
03-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Call me when you have to flip it over and pull the plugs to get the oil out of the cylinders.

it's just the fact that i backed into :goof a trailer rather than pulling it. :durr

STEALTHZR2
03-10-2006, 01:05 AM

Then pulled the Hummer out of the mud. :goof

STEALTHZR2
03-10-2006, 01:07 AM
You should see my truck...lol.

Now you can get some of those LS2 flares!!!! :P

Do you have a link?

Lash
03-10-2006, 01:27 AM
oops...they are actually LS1 flares. Finger must have slipped. I'll try to find a link for ya.

PonyKiller87
03-10-2006, 06:36 AM
just look at it like this...could have been worse....i had a rust bubble last year in my rocker that has now opened up to a quarter size hole...i would like it fixed if anyone is interested....lol

You didnt try to fix it with a grinder or try to ram you foot through it did you? lol Reminds me of Gregs POS blazer.

Lash
03-10-2006, 09:33 AM
You can get the LS1 flares from here:
http://www.diversifiedcreations.com/

Heres a thread with some pics:
http://forum.zr2.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000315#000000

Theres alot more threads on that site about them.

Slow Joe
03-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah when ya do **** offroading it's so much cooler than backing into something while parking... Alright, next DD is gunna be a Jeep....

GTSLOW
03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
That sucks she was looking so nice the other night, still looks good :thumbsup

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bgcntry72/NewPaintJob.jpg
:headbang

Is that yours?

Anakonda69
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
You didnt try to fix it with a grinder or try to ram you foot through it did you? lol Reminds me of Gregs POS blazer.
except mines not a pos....lol no grinding for me i am gonna seeif tim will fix it

H8RADE
03-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Is that yours?

One of 'em.
Also the Silver vert. next to you on highway last weekend.
:devil

GrimreaperSS
03-10-2006, 07:00 PM
You could have just made up some story about off roading, awesome weekend, got a little damage ont he truck.....etc! But no, you had to go ahead and tell everyone what really happened. Would have looked a lot cooler if you made up some story. I say we all give you a second try!!! Lets see what you can come up with. Anyways.... Sorry to see that happen man. Nobody likes to see their prized posessions get wrecked. :(