PDA

View Full Version : Rattling from subs...

Nix
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know of a cheap way to stop vibrations from subs? I know of dynamat and others things like that but Iam having the problem of the back deck rattling really bad in my bonerville. The interior piece that the 2 6x9's hang on by the rear window. Ive tried numerous things but it just keeps getting worse and its really starting to bug the crap outta me. I really dont think there is anyway for me to shut it up. Any little tips would be much appreciated. :thumbsup

Flight_740
03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Somthing I would really have to see.

Have you tried securing the monts down more?

Nix
03-08-2006, 12:34 PM
You know what piece Iam talking about? Its the board that fits bewteen the backseat and the back window. The speakers hang on it and its got carpet on the top to match the interior. It just rattles so damn bad its not even funny (atleast to me its really bad). Iam not sure if there is anything to tighten down. Ill go out and check right now. If there isnt anything to tighten down then Iam burned and its going to keep driving me nuts.

PS mike has jon called you yet? Just curious.

Flight_740
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
You know what piece Iam talking about? Its the board that fits bewteen the backseat and the back window. The speakers hang on it and its got carpet on the top to match the interior. It just rattles so damn bad its not even funny (atleast to me its really bad). Iam not sure if there is anything to tighten down. Ill go out and check right now. If there isnt anything to tighten down then Iam burned and its going to keep driving me nuts.

PS mike has jon called you yet? Just curious.

Oh, Im supposed to call him? I thought he was calling me. I'll give him a shout.

Just remember, rattaling is 2 surfaces making contact with the bass. Look for that spot and shove somthing in between them. That should stop it.

Nix
03-08-2006, 12:57 PM
No man I asked if he called you yet. If he hasnt yet he will.

I turned the gain down a little and it hits a little less it seemed to help, I also looked and there is a spot where I just shoved a piece of !cardboard! and it actually helped a bit also. I can deal with the little rattling now, its better than it was. Thanks ob

Cryptic
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I have same problem in the GP... my solution is not buy another pontiac

Anakonda69
03-08-2006, 10:36 PM
just pack some great stuff in there...lmao

SlowStee
03-08-2006, 10:56 PM
just pack some great stuff in there...lmao
was gonna say that :rolf

HITMAN
03-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know of a cheap way to stop vibrations from subs? .... Any little tips would be much appreciated. :thumbsup

I have a great tip, and it's REALLY cheap...

TURN DOWN THE PHUCKING BASS!!!! :durr :thumbsup

SlowStee
03-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I have a great tip, and it's REALLY cheap...

TURN DOWN THE PHUCKING BASS!!!! :durr :thumbsup
Only old people say-......oh wait :goof

PureSound15
03-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Take some packing foam (I mean the soft foam usually in 8x10 sheets or so, about an inch thick) and put it between the rear deck board and the sheet metal. That should do the trick by keeping the plastic or fiberboard, whichever it is, pressed up against the screws and not able to vibrate against the sheet metal. All Grand Prix's have that problem, as do Jettas... well, most cars.

That's what we usually do and it seems to do the trick. Hope it helps.

~Ryan

Flight_740
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I have same problem in the GP... my solution is not buy another pontiac

:rolf :rolf