PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a certain beer for my sister

CruxGNZ
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Has anybody heard of Sunshine Wheat made by New Belgium? Click here (http://www.newbelgium.com/beers_sw.php)

Do you know if it is even possible to buy this beer in Milwaukee? I contacted them, but they only deliver to the west coast... which I think just may be a problem :durr

Al
03-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Sendik's has a nice selection of beer. The Grafton store is better (bigger) than the others.

LIL EVO
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
So find someone on the west coast to pick you up some and ship it to you.

DirtyMax
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
If you go to Brennan's on Bluemound in Brookfield and talk to them, they might order it for you. I don't seem to recall them carrying it but they might. The owner/GM walks around all the time and talks to customers.

Sounds like it might real close to a Blue Moon or probably even closer, a Sierra Nevada Wheat Ale. She ever try either of those for comparison? And even if Brennans doesn't have that one and can't order it, they probably have quite a few other Belgian Wheats she can try.

jbiscuit
03-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Check Discount Liquor on 51st and Oklahoma. If they don't have it, nobody around here will. They carry all kinds of micro brews.

BlownMe
03-06-2006, 02:51 PM
You could check COnsumer Beverages on hwy 100 by Sentry. They seem to have friggen everything and if they dont have it, theyll get it!

Neal Steffek
03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
BenO's on 70 something and Greenfield. They have all kinds.

AIDS Giver
03-06-2006, 03:01 PM
You probably wont be able to get it at a local store, just the way it works, no one sends just a case to a store.

68RR440
03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Check Discount Liquor on 51st and Oklahoma. If they don't have it, nobody around here will. They carry all kinds of micro brews.
I second that, they also have a store in Downtown Waukesha, friggin' huge!! :alcoholic

Nix
03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
You probably wont be able to get it at a local store, just the way it works, no one sends just a case to a store.

Shhhhhhh...

beer guy
03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I would also say try discount in either milwaukee or waukesha or since your in brookfield try elm grove liqour. I'll keep my eye out for it and let you know.

beer guy
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
By looking at their site it doesn't look like you will find it in this area though. You might want to try some of the other beers mentioned or Capitol Brewery makes a new one called Island wheat that is pretty good also.

Crawlin
03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
i got a buddy in S.D. that I have looking for it. Trying to get him to ship some back here, haha. Don't know if he will or can. But atleast checking.

SlowStee
03-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Discount is the numba one place

jbiscuit
03-07-2006, 07:33 AM
bwaaa haaaa haaaa.....somebody gave me negative rep in this topic, too funny! :)

H8RADE
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
The Brewery is in Fort Collins, CO.
I know the place a little too well. :durr
They make the finest beer of them all...Fat Tire Ale.
I drag a few cases back everytime I go wheeling out west.
Sad thing is that they don't distribute their beer anywhere West of the Mighty Miss.
Closest I have seen it is St. Louis.
Good luck.

Yooformula
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
The closest this company has come is Chicago as of now. Milwaukee isnt slated to receive their stuf until next year. The Chicago market was bigger than they expected and they cant keep up with production. The company here in milw that would carry it is beer capital. I got this from their reps here.

beer guy
03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
The closest this company has come is Chicago as of now. Milwaukee isnt slated to receive their stuf until next year. The Chicago market was bigger than they expected and they cant keep up with production. The company here in milw that would carry it is beer capital. I got this from their reps here.
Yep I knew I heard of it before they will carry it so as soon as that happens it will be in most major stores. By the way who is your rep there? I use to work for them now I work for their sister company.

Yooformula
03-07-2006, 10:06 PM
John Huber is my downtown rep.

H8RADE
03-08-2006, 11:04 AM

Solid news.
Appreciated.

CruxGNZ
03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Awsome news! Thanks Yoosef (sp?) :thumbsup She's gonna love that.

Also, thanks all of you that tried to help me help her out. It's appreciated :shades

Cryptic
03-08-2006, 03:47 PM
mmmm Fat tire... good stuff