sloLs1
02-28-2006, 11:12 PM
hire a designer :banana

:D

The best way to do it!!!

theavenger333
02-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Function before form you hater
X22234324645. people with gaudy websites, with poor useability, IE flash stuff everywhere, movies sound blah blah are trying to impress or something. if you're shop does good work, website should just be a gateway into it. simple pictures of proof, etc.

Xeros
03-01-2006, 09:00 AM
The site it self is very user friendly, but lets be real too simple. True there are too many gaudy sites that are too flashy, but a good looking site shows more professionalism on the business' behalf. You shouldn't veer from a flash app just becasue it is flashy, its flash its made to be flashy. My advice, download dreamweaver 8 or the entire studio at ISOhunt.com and then the dozens of ebooks they have that explain how to use it! The app it self is extremly powerful now, and if you have any artistic talent the designer part of the program will let you build some very nice sites very easily.

Xeros
03-01-2006, 09:02 AM
BTW, I recommend using CSS when building, dreamweaver 8 makes extremely easy use of this function and you can make one nice looking site.

Bee
03-01-2006, 03:52 PM
The best way to do it!!!

lmao... i was going to do that, but damn $5000.00 anyone wanna pich-in.. hheheheheheheeeee :goof

Bee
03-01-2006, 03:56 PM
X22234324645. people with gaudy websites, with poor useability, IE flash stuff everywhere, movies sound blah blah are trying to impress or something. if you're shop does good work, website should just be a gateway into it. simple pictures of proof, etc.

exactly like what you say in the end... we are basically taking pixs for proof of what we do in-house!!! movies are fine, but i will not get big into that. I like basic website with pixs people can see and enjoy. don't want to sell online.. well not yet.. :goof not so big into retailing!!! flashes and all that fancy sh1t is a no no..... maybe i'll ask a college friend in web design to use my site as a project..... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... :headbang

anyhow.. thx for the 411 guys.... peace outside!!! :headbang

Bee
03-01-2006, 03:58 PM

what does that mean... i think i'm too chinese'd-out!!! LOL :goof

BAD LS1
03-01-2006, 04:16 PM

I cant resist any longer...

LOL so your saying this link should be playing on loop on that site? :rolf

Kinda fitting... they talk about "engineering" and the car well... it speaks for its self

http://www.rozzwell.com/media/wreckingball.wmv

sloLs1
03-01-2006, 08:10 PM
lmao... i was going to do that, but damn $5000.00 anyone wanna pich-in.. hheheheheheheeeee :goof

:wooo Oh my.... never mind then... i didnt think it would be that much to make a website?!?!!?

petej
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
if you care about your business and making money a quality website is well worth it if you can fit it in the budget, especially right now websites are the new portfolios to display your work and how professional you are, i know i myself gauge whether i even think about using a company or not based 90% off of their website and alot of others do as well, i would see if you could work somthing out with a student, other than that its a good site that gives the basics, if your looking for anything beyond that point i would look into hiring somone

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
03-13-2006, 11:42 PM
well your missing out on the whole domestic market! My car on your site your name on my cars!(ya know carS!!) multipule websites ya know good marketing! I'm, most likely one of very few who have backed import shops when I only own an race domestics! I enjoy cars an drive/race what I like an support everyone in the racing sceen!

Al
03-14-2006, 12:46 AM
I think you could use lots of pics of individual parts that you have fabricated. Show us a custom header turbo header with turbo mounted; an intake manifold; some welded parts showing how well you can weld.

Pics with good lighting too.