PDA

View Full Version : New Home Owner

Berettaspeed
02-28-2006, 08:39 PM
YES YES YES,
i had closing this morning and its now alll mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im so happy, yet feel sick. i now get to collect rent and have the garage all to myself....and the cool thing is its my B-day march 1st..LOL what an expensive birthday gift....

and i just wanted to say thanks to everyone that encouraged me to get the house and thanks for all the help....

mike

STEALTHZR2
02-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats

Cryptic
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
congrats.. equity is da win :thumbsup

SlowStee
02-28-2006, 11:16 PM
good luck with everything :thumbsup

sloLs1
02-28-2006, 11:21 PM
may i ask where??? what city??? i am curious because i am looking for a house to buy later this year... just looking but i want to get an idea of whats out there... i was looking to buy a house in racine county but we will see what happens!

Yooformula
02-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Congrats!! Do you have to do the maintanence for the house or will you employ a contractor for all of the fixits or does the tenant need to do that? Just curious...oh yeah what area did you buy at?

Slow Joe
02-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Congrats, I'm curious as to where you bought also... I'm probably also in the market this year at one point...

ProjectCamaro
02-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Awesome, so when are are invited up for a meet?

Pantera99GS
03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Congratulations man! It's a scary/great feeling huh? Where did you buy?

I close on mine March 30th :). Let's just pray my car doesn't decide to blow up now :).

Berettaspeed
03-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Im just north of the stadium, 50th and state street. Its not the biggest house or anything like that its a starter house. i plan on getting somthing alot nicer later in life.LOL but its a duplex and i got it for 120,000. it was build in 1885(OLD) 33XXsq feet? ill have to check the exact number later. its good for now. if i ever have a kid or somthing and i need another room ill move downstairs cause thats a 2 bedroom.(lets pray not though)

right now i have someone downstairs so i get 625 a month with heat. my morgage is 755ish. with escro and such its around 900. heat and gas usually come to 250 in winter from what the last owner said. so ill be paying around 650 myself maybe more depending. im assuming 1300ish a month tops for everything. the only thing that totaly suck is im in a flood zone..yeahh

i grew up in this neighborhood and i do like it so thats another reason i could not pass this up.(i live like 5 house from my parents LOL) I was looking a bit for a house becaus eits somthing i wanted to do, but it never dawned on me that it would be this early. right now im going to be working 2 jobs so i won't have too much tim eto spend spend spend. that garage and car will get some attention, but not much. right now im stripping a car and using all the parts for a cheap toy. so thats my fun for right now. i think im going to turn the garage into a spray booth as well to help with some extra cash flow...that would be nice.

the GF wants to paint and do all this stuff now...im like ohh no.but without her it would be very hard to do this. she helps with the food and the cleaning,and half the cable bill...and i pick up on the rest. we are not married and its all in my name, but maybe we will tie the knot....still thinking about that one

sure maybe one of these days ill have to say swing by, come see the tiny place.it would be better to have the whole house but i need downstairs to help me out...

i think im going to try and handel all the repair work. i need to learn and i know somethings. if all goes to hell and i need it done ill talk to ya yooformula.

Karps TA
03-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Welcome to no longer having any money. lol

DCDZ28
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Congrat's!

USMARINE1108
03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Congrats. I'm moving into my first home tomorrow. :thumbsup

Berettaspeed
03-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Congrats. I'm moving into my first home tomorrow. :thumbsup

hell yeah congrats on your new place as well...

ill have to get a garage photo..LOL right now im ripping apart my quad 4 on aberetta i got for cheap..im having fun with what little i still have...

USMARINE1108
03-01-2006, 09:09 PM
hell yeah congrats on your new place as well...

ill have to get a garage photo..LOL right now im ripping apart my quad 4 on aberetta i got for cheap..im having fun with what little i still have...

That's what I'm most exited about too, the garage! I'm going to sears to get a compresser this weekend.

Lash
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
its a duplex and i got it for 120,000

Damn...sounds like you got a sweet deal.

Congrats!!!

ProjectCamaro
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
To bad someone's already living downstairs. You should get someone from here to rent it from you.