PDA

View Full Version : Made Top 20 at CIR in Feb!

Heat Seeker WS6
02-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Barely made it, but finished in the 18th spot on the main track at CIR for Feb. Over 5,000 'regulars' ran this month after the track record was set last month with a 15.07 fastest lap. Went down again .02
FYI- #10 Mark Hirt was the overall Chicago Region SCCA champ

track track #1
race type General Races
span this month

rank racer laptime date city
1 Jason Mecher 15.05 19 February Schaumburg
2 Eugene Filimonov 15.18 19 February Buffalo Grove
3 Adam Andrea 15.19 7 February Lake Forest
4 Martin Lenick 15.19 19 February Mount Prospect
5 Stefan Sajic 15.20 4 February Darien
6 Matthew Palmieri 15.21 4 February Libertyville
7 Marek Zacios 15.21 25 February Wheeling
8 Joe Turner 15.22 8 February Alsip
9 Stuart Moore 15.23 19 February Mundelein
10 Mark Hirt 15.23 22 February Prospect Heights
11 Zach Ply 15.27 2 February Hawthorn Woods
12 Matthew Bigos 15.36 3 February Buffalo Grove
13 Dan Sills 15.37 7 February Saint Charles
14 Gerhard Maier 15.37 16 February Mundelein
15 Timothy Hayes 15.38 19 February Lindenhurst
16 Randy Wyatt 15.40 1 February Geneva
17 John Nannini 15.41 7 February Wadsworth
18 John Gay 15.42 7 February Burlington
19 Steven Grossman 15.42 17 February Barrington
20 Dylan Martin 15.43 2 February Pleasant Prairie

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/toptrack11month.asp

When every hundredth counts....
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2273/p10101977ih.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10101977ih.jpg)

banana trans
02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah right you suck, HAHA, should be a good time racing you tonight, see if I can hang as well as last time. :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
02-28-2006, 11:34 PM
You went very fast for only your 2nd time out there... not too shabby at all.
Im not quite ready to let you pass me though, and with all the crazy Ivans running around down there it should be fun cutting through traffic hot knife through butter style.
Im happy with tonights results considering everyone else down there. Now bieng ranked 97th in the Proscore rating.
The Proscore is a calculated number that looks at every type of race competed in and no matter what track configuration was run out stacked against EVERYONE that has EVER been there- almost 61,000. Goal met of joining top 100!
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/topproscores.asp

Next trip down there will be Tues March 14th in evening. Anybody wanna run??

banana trans
03-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Of course you know I'm gonna run again. :thumbsup I had a blast yesterday. Hey, it off topic, but you should come back down to the shop and check out that corvette I told you about yesterday. I should have it for another week or two.

scottie K
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
John Am i going to have to blow the dust off my driving skills again and show you young fools how its done again LOL :rolf

banana trans
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Hell yeah dude!! not this tuesday but the next one we are going back down and see how much faster we can get. You should go, hell of a good time.

scottie K
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I have been there before its cool ... I think john forgot i new how to drive LOL but it came back real quick :headbang

I will see if i can make it

hey weres your shop again ?

Crawlin
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Congrats on being the top ranked Wisconsinite!!! haha

nismodave
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Man.......You need to buy a Kart and go REAL racing John. Save your money and go to Dousman. Not racing against a clock.

Congrats anyhow. :thumbsup

banana trans
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I have been there before its cool ... I think john forgot i new how to drive LOL but it came back real quick :headbang

I will see if i can make it

hey weres your shop again ?
In waukesha right where 59 and 164 intersect near big bend road. 164 goes north and south and 59 meets up with it and travell together about 5 miles before they separate ate the buick/subaru dealership. 206 travis lane suite #8 waukesha WI 53189 If your in the area stop on down and say howdy.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Scotty- Hell yeah, you were right there- I forgot you could drive something with a set of tires all the same size! Are you in?

Forest- Bring fresh diapers to change into! Watch out for them Crazy Corner Cannonball'n Ivans!

Dave- This is play time for me until I get the Kart this spring... then its off to the real track. Until then I'm picking them off the totem pole 1-by-1 down there. Because I'm going to be running in the HPV class, I need to reserve this season for practice & schooling before I am elgible to run competitively in 2007.

Liska and I were at the Kart show in at Phesant Run in St Charles, IL last weekend and met the reps for Margay, the owner of Douglas wheels and a few other places of whose stuff we'll be running.
Our race shop is now complete- even with flat screen TVs! I'll post pics soon of it.
Margay just changed chasis for '06- now further adjustable rear axle settings and other small things changed for handling. So now we get the Barva 1.6 LM chasis
Because of my height, I'll be running the 'LM' (Limo) version of the kart.
We're getting a direct hookup with Sparco for the custom driving suits, but I'm staying Simpson with the rest of the gear- which I have alredy been using.

nismodave
03-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow.........Its so weird that u have to have schooling now to race at Dousman........I wonder if I would have to........LOL

banana trans
03-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Careful John :shades I might just have to race you with the ranger to even the score off the track :rolf Lumina vs. ranger? Haha, that truck is such a peice.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Wow.........Its so weird that u have to have schooling now to race at Dousman........I wonder if I would have to........LOL

The HPV class is for 'experienced' drivers moving up. I could have gone with a 'smaller' Kart to run this year in competition but that wouldnt be as much fun to me. ...and that would leave me buying a new Kart next year or year after anyways to still run HPV with Scott. Also I have the full season to learn the track and Kart inside n out during the wed practice days.
Do they even allow your type/class of kart to run there?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Careful John :shades I might just have to race you with the ranger to even the score off the track :rolf Lumina vs. ranger? Haha, that truck is such a peice.

Ha ha did the truck leave part of its bumper at the toolbooth?

nismodave
03-02-2006, 08:30 PM
The HPV class is for 'experienced' drivers moving up. I could have gone with a 'smaller' Kart to run this year in competition but that wouldnt be as much fun to me. ...and that would leave me buying a new Kart next year or year after anyways to still run HPV with Scott. Also I have the full season to learn the track and Kart inside n out during the wed practice days.
Do they even allow your type/class of kart to run there?

No, mine is an enduro kart. for BIG tracks like RA and Daytona. :thumbsup

97PontiacW68
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
how's Scott Liska doing? He's the firefighter right?

Scotty- Hell yeah, you were right there- I forgot you could drive something with a set of tires all the same size! Are you in?

Forest- Bring fresh diapers to change into! Watch out for them Crazy Corner Cannonball'n Ivans!

Dave- This is play time for me until I get the Kart this spring... then its off to the real track. Until then I'm picking them off the totem pole 1-by-1 down there. Because I'm going to be running in the HPV class, I need to reserve this season for practice & schooling before I am elgible to run competitively in 2007.

Liska and I were at the Kart show in at Phesant Run in St Charles, IL last weekend and met the reps for Margay, the owner of Douglas wheels and a few other places of whose stuff we'll be running.
Our race shop is now complete- even with flat screen TVs! I'll post pics soon of it.
Margay just changed chasis for '06- now further adjustable rear axle settings and other small things changed for handling. So now we get the Barva 1.6 LM chasis
Because of my height, I'll be running the 'LM' (Limo) version of the kart.
We're getting a direct hookup with Sparco for the custom driving suits, but I'm staying Simpson with the rest of the gear- which I have alredy been using.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Are you still planning of running it this year? That would be fun at Elkhart an inch off the ground! Can I borrow?

banana trans
03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I think it left a lot of rust and a few misc body parts from all th wheel hop for sure. :stare

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Yup- Scotts out of the 'new' National Ave station in West Allis. He's doing well & still living in New Berlin. He just about bought a new Mustang GT but decided to go racing instead.

97PontiacW68
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
oh no not a mustang hahah j/k

nismodave
03-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Are you still planning of running it this year? That would be fun at Elkhart an inch off the ground! Can I borrow?

But I might not have time, due to the fact my Parents are buying a House, selling theirs and My Grandmas, and moving all to their new home. Plus I want to buy one.

I would like to but Im being realistic.

And its a little quick for ya. :wooo

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:47 PM
We give each other grief because we both sacrificed the sports car scene for a little bit because of this. I remind him he needs a WHOLE :eek: car, whereas i 'only' need tranny, body work, body alignment, paint and oil leak fix. :wooo Its all good.

banana trans
03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
We give each other grief because we both sacrificed the sports car scene for a little bit because of this. I remind him he needs a WHOLE :eek: car, whereas i 'only' need tranny,engine, susp, k-frame, all windows, doors, a new shell, bumpers, wiring, fuel system, body work, body alignment, paint and oil leak fix. :wooo Its all good.

Haha!!!!!!

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Pick up your bumper before somebody trips over it!

97PontiacW68
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
oh.. wow dont think i could do that ha

banana trans
03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
:rolf
Pick up your bumper before somebody trips over it!
Its probably still stuck in your Luminas undercairrage. :rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 09:09 PM
oh.. wow dont think i could do that ha
race vs sports car I'll assume?
Its taking alot patience & discipline because at this point we're comitted and there's no turning back- especially since we put alot of $$ and time into building an actual race shop fully decked out with any tool we may need. I'll have the T/A up eventually or may pick up a C5 for the summer instead. For me it all depends how much of an itch I get once we get the Karts & trailer.
Also I've already had a taste of wheel to wheel racing and theres some things a racer can/will do a street car just can't do or shouldn't do.

97PontiacW68
03-02-2006, 09:29 PM
get that t/a runnin.. vettes just seem to be a dime a dozen these days no affense to vette owners on here i think theyre awesome cars haha

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, I still have the 2nd motor for the car in the garage waiting for.......

banana trans
03-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, I still have the 2nd motor for the car in the garage waiting for.......

What? a little 355 screamer would be nice..... but wait, we talked about that over a beer last night :thumbsup