PDA

View Full Version : * Sears * Refunds Warreny $ * WTF * ?

awsomeears
02-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I want others opinion on this :thumbsup

I bought a 5-kit ($200) combo about 2 months ago, I also bought the 2 year warranty just in case something happens for $30 :thumbsup

Last week my sawzawl would not HOLD the blade, the drill would intermediately not work in Forward.

Took them back today and the girl was being snippy as hell but ohh well its Saturday and it's a zoo there.

Takes 15-20 Min's to get my stuff and then she asks

" What do you use these tools for work or home use "

I said every other day I use them for work.

She : " Ohhh these specific tools are not meant for commercial use, we will refund your Warranty and this will be the last exchange of tools you can do "

:confused :confused :confused :confused

I said ok and just said nothing, I really wanted to blow up and say WTF Ive never heard of a business refunding a Warranty :rolf

I should have said " If I was told that these tools should only be used for the Home and NEVER For Work and that the warranty would never apply for me I would have NEVER bought it, I would have saved up another $200 and Purchased the DEWALT KIT.

I'm going to call the head Sears place if I can get the correct number and actually talk to somebody that is HIGH up instead of Nobody's :durr

Whats your take on this because Ive always had positive stuff to say about sears.

- Brad -

Car Guy
02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Tell her to suck on a lolipop while you watch.........

Yooformula
02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Have you read over the fine print to see if she is full of it or not? It might just be her, try someone else and see what they say.

mrz28M6
02-25-2006, 04:20 PM
what a joke, tell the idiots to make more durable stuff then! when i used to work there, we would get every hand tool and wrench you can think of and since it was a lifetime warranty we had to exchange it.

Car Guy
02-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Sears is probably the best at taking back anything that resembles what used to be a tool and giving you a new one.....

awsomeears
02-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Well I called SEARS and the lady was COOL as HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said thats NUTS what they told me.

So im just going to return the stuff because I bought the stuff 1/15/06.

I swore I bought it past the 90 Day No Questions Ask stuff, but hey im loosing my mind !!!!!!!

So to make this a simple transaction im just Returning the PILE OF SHAT :thumbsup

Dewalt here I come :headbang