PDA

View Full Version : Any body have??

0TransAm0
02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
a headlight motor for the driver side of a 2000 TA???
its not the gears in it it dsnt make any noise..im asuming its the motor and its shot..im going to check all the connections in the am but i doubt thats what it is.

Yooformula
02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
what is it doing? The gear is almost always the culprit whether is doesnt go up/down OR it makes noises. The gear is a cheap fix to try first before you buy a new motor. IF you have to and you cant find it at Al's or something try www.tacreationsusa.com they have good prices! I can have a headlight motor done in under 45 minutes now, since I have done so many of them.

theavenger333
02-25-2006, 01:42 AM
can have a headlight motor done in under 45 minutes now, since I have done so many of them.
plus the hour of someone else fixing it after you did it, right? :rolf

0TransAm0
02-25-2006, 12:36 PM
it dosn't make any noise..and i cant move it by hand..only by useing the little dial thing under the hood. when it "went" it turned them on and it went half way up and stoped then wouldn't do anything it wouldn't move up or down..the reason i think its the motor itself is because you can not here the motor at all or any grinding if the gears were bad..idk im going to take it all apart sunday and see what i can find..any tips on how to dissmantal this thing..

Tiresmokin
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Not sure about a 2000, but the 3rd gen cars had a headlight motor control module. It is on the firewall next to the brake booster. That may be something to investigate??