PDA

View Full Version : Cool story about my sister's 1st car...

68RR440
02-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Kind of a long story, but it's a good one (to me anyways).
My sister's first car, roughly 12 years ago, was a 1967 Plymouth Fury III 2 door hardtop, 383 automatic. My dad and I found it in the paper one Sunday morning, it was down on the south side, original owner, he bought it in 67, it was teal, with a white painted top, and a teal interior. In 68 Mopar came out with a copper/bronze color and the old guy loved it, so he had his then 1 year old car painted the copper/bronze color, but kept the teal interior, pretty funky, but lots of people did strange things in the late 60's... :drool:
We bought the car that morning, she saw it and loved it, so it was her's. She drove it for 2 years during high school, John Marshall, and was known as the skinny girl with the huge old car. The motor got tired, and down the road it went, she was sad to see it go, but shortly after that she bought a green 68 Dodge Coronet 4 door, with a 318, automatic. That car had a wild cam in it, headers, a 4 barrel, and could roast the tires for blocks (she let me drive it once :thumbsup ).
She has always talked about finding her old Fury, it was her first car, she wants to track it down and buy it back. A few years ago I found a white 67 Sport Fury for sale down on Packard, she went and looked at it, but she wanted her excact car back.
Fast forward to last weekend, I sold a car to a guy on the NW side of Milwaukee, he was short a driver, so my brother and I delivered the car to his house. A block or two from his place, low and behold, sitting in a driveway covered with snow, is my sister's old Fury! I whipped a quick u-turn, went and rang the bell, woke the guy up (at 2:00 p.m.), and asked if he wanted to sell it. He said he was taking payments on it from some guy since June, the guy has paid $750 so far, but he has not seen or heard from the guy in a while, so the car just sits. I plan on going on going back this weekend, offering the guy a good chunk of cash for it, hopefully he still has the title in his possesion, and when/if the other guy ever comes around, he can give him his $750 back. Wish me luck!
Here's a couple very crappy camera phone pics of the car...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/286af90f.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/e9a669bc.jpg

97z2801ss
02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
good luck with that man!

Crawlin
02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
that's a sweet story!! i always wanted to find my dad's old chevelle

Slow Joe
02-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Nice.... Good luck man... I love stories like that...

nismodave
02-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Was the guy FURYous when you woke him????? :rolf

WhiteZCamaro
02-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Its so cool how that stuff happens. Good luck keep us informed!

CruxGNZ
02-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Cool story! My sister before I taught her about cars, purchased a '87 (I think it was or '88) Chevy Nova from our neighbor for $350. My sister at the time was 16, and knowing not a thing about cars was told to check the oil. She did so by taking off the oil cap... and then seeing how it was low, filled the whole thing up with oil untill it was at the top of the valve cover (she used many quarts). The car ran just fine, but she said that the cloud behind her was so thick, she never saw the cops behind her. After I fixed the amount of oil in the engine, she was hit by a lady which netted my sister a $900 isurance settlement. I then took the car from her and sold it to some dude in Waukesha named Jesus for $275. It was a good car for her, but I doubt she would ever want it back.

flackjacket
02-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Very cool. We have a Fury III wagon here that belongs to our owner. His Dad had bought it new. Until a few weeks ago it had a stroked 440 that melted the tires.

For his son's wedding we are putting an all Aluminum Hemi crate in it....with not one but 2 turbos. yeah. A wagon thatll pull 11's with groceries... lol

wikked
02-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Cool story! My sister before I taught her about cars, purchased a '87 (I think it was or '88) Chevy Nova from our neighbor for $350. My sister at the time was 16, and knowing not a thing about cars was told to check the oil. She did so by taking off the oil cap... and then seeing how it was low, filled the whole thing up with oil untill it was at the top of the valve cover (she used many quarts). The car ran just fine, but she said that the cloud behind her was so thick, she never saw the cops behind her.

lol Spy Hunter :rolf
Surprised it was ok =0