PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen 28 spline axles not 9 bolt

Kory 88Iroc lt1
02-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm almost finished building my 8.8 rear. I'm to the point of ordering axles from Mosier. The problem I'm having is figuring axle width. I've talked to the techs at mosier and they swear that the size I'm telling them isn't right. I would like to find a set of stock 28 spline axles to check this out for sure before I pony up for custom axles. the only sets of axles I have now are either 9 bolt axles or some 26 spline ones from my old 86 Iroc. Does anyone have some 28 spline axles lying around that I could borrow or buy cheap?
Let me know what you have thanks,
Kory

PonyKiller87
02-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey Kory, Brandon (Anakonda...) might still have the old axles from his S10 rear end, I think those are 26 spline. You could probably get them cheep or borrow them or something being that he doesnt need them anymore since we put the new ones in.

Are you going to be selling the 9bolt when this is all done? Im still looking for a way to get larger gears in mine, but I dont want to spend $500 on just gears.

slow90z
02-24-2006, 11:53 AM
The 26 spliners are the same length, so just measure those. Otherwise if i was still in Wisconsin where my car is, i could measure mine, but im not.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
02-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Kevin
I will be selling the rear, Tyler has first dibs if he still wants it though. I might be talked into building another 8.8 if you want one though. Once I put some miles on this one :D .
90z
I've measured the 26 spline axles. unfortunately with the 8.8 posi being wider than the old posi I really need to have the axles slid into the posi for a truely accurate measurment. I removed the clutches from the posi nd put the axles in. the clutches are what support the inner end of each axle so the axles sit at a slight angle if they are not installed. I'll have to take another look I may be able to do it that way, although it isn't ideal. I just figured if someone had some axles sitting around that would be real esay.
Thanks,
Kory

PonyKiller87
02-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Doesn't Tyler need to finish his LS1 swap before he needs a rear end? lol jk

Seriouly though we may need to talk about building something. I need to do something to get some better gears in my car and the stuff for a 9 bolt is just do dam pricy.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
02-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Kevin
If you would like to take a look at the 8.8 you are more than welcome to come over and check it out. I should have it in as soon as I can figure out this axle issue. p.m. me and I'll give you my cell number.
Kory

69Chevelle
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM

Hahahaha

Knyghtmare
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Hahaha Yeah yeah... Its done, it just needs to be tuned.

Hahahaha
You just keep laughing over there :chair: Hahaha

PonyKiller87
03-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Sorry, just had to give you some crap. Are you going to bring that thing down to Thirdgen Fest?

Kory 88Iroc lt1
03-14-2006, 10:41 PM
I got my moser axles the gears are in and I should have this thing rolling in a week or so. :thumbsup
Kory