PDA

View Full Version : Quick ? about internet/cable

VroomPshhTsi
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm moving into my apartment next school year and there's one phone jack and one cable outlet. I forgot, how does broadband or high speed internet work? Will I be able to get cable TV and high speed internet when I'm only provided one cable outlet? I won't be using the phone jack or a land phone (I have my cell, that's enough). The only company in the Madison area I know of that provides cable TV and internet is Charter. The landlord doesn't allow dishes (satellite tv).

- Brian

EDIT: I forgot to add, the landlord said he'll cover the cost of running cables up to the room (when they install whatever service I get).

Slow Joe
02-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Ummm they should be able to use a booster for cable in the apartment if necessary and a splitter for cable modem... For DSL they use a splitter anyways so you'd be fine too... You shouldn't have a problem... I wouldn't think...

Cryptic
02-23-2006, 07:37 PM
there's no problem... they can put a splitter and a filter hanging off one side to prevent the interference

Slow Joe
02-24-2006, 08:11 AM
That's what I couldn't think of for DSL a filter... lol... I've never actually had DSL but had a few friends who have... And I've set it up for most of them... lol

VroomPshhTsi
02-24-2006, 11:05 AM
K, I wasn't sure and didn't want to have an apartment without cable and internet. Thanks for the help guys.

Slow Joe
02-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Dude I know how that goes... No problem... Having no i-net and cable SUCKS big time... lol