PDA

View Full Version : help with a 94 accord...

hrsp
02-22-2006, 05:35 PM
i've never owned an import car so i have a few questions for you guys...

i'm looking at a 94 acord ex...its an auto and has the 2.2 vtech in it....it has 128kmiles on it..what are some "common" problems with this car? pros and cons of the car as well... also it would need a FULL exhaust as the one on there is falling apart..what should i expect to pay to have the exhaust done? and what kind should i go with? thanks for taking the time to answer all my "dumb" questions...

sloLs1
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Its a honda... it cant have any problems!!! jk well having an automatic would be your biggest problem!! i dont know to much about honda's so i cant help... i am sure BEE can help you... looks like he has had his fair share of honda's!

ThatWhiteCivic
02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
94 Accord is a good reliable car with only 128,000 miles it's on the low side I've seen those motors and trans go 250,000 plus.. Common problem is rear quarter panel rust other than that everthing is pretty much solid.. Full exhaust would cost around $300 with cat at any southside muffler shop 16th and National does good work

theavenger333
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
what he said...... ^^ the F22, non and with vtec is a very reliable motor, great mileage, dependable as all hell. the rust will happen, if its a sunroof car, the seal. other little misc interior pieces might break, but thats just it being a 12+ year old car. the accord overall is a great DD car. reliable, mileage, can haul a bit of stuff. just avoid overpaying, those cars commonly get a high tag slapped on them because they are so good.

Bee
02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
ok i'll tell you the truth.. honda distributors sucks sh1t. that's all.. when they die, just replace them.. at honda they cost about $400.. at auto zone/advance auto they go for around $300, but usually doesn't last long since cheap sh1t inside of it...

do your timing belt/water pump/fluid changes on time and that engine will NEVER die!!!

I've had one up to 250K no problem..sold it to my cuzzy.. still running to this day.. probably has close to 300K now... :wow remember we are talking gassers and not diesels...

HONDA :thumbsup

Bee
02-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Its a honda... it cant have any problems!!! jk well having an automatic would be your biggest problem!! i dont know to much about honda's so i cant help... i am sure BEE can help you... looks like he has had his fair share of honda's!

i'm thinking about going to the NISMO side for a change... kind of want to get into REAR drives... AWD is nice and all, but I'll let others tackle that department. don't get me wrong we still work on them AWDers and do a good job at it too... :thumbsup

Car Guy
02-27-2006, 10:06 PM
i've never owned an import car so i have a few questions for you guys...

i'm looking at a 94 acord ex...its an auto and has the 2.2 vtech in it....it has 128kmiles on it..what are some "common" problems with this car? pros and cons of the car as well... also it would need a FULL exhaust as the one on there is falling apart..what should i expect to pay to have the exhaust done? and what kind should i go with? thanks for taking the time to answer all my "dumb" questions...

It's a Honda!!!.....and that's a good thing.......

Al
03-03-2006, 01:48 PM
It might need a power antennae

jbiscuit
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
typical visual inspection never hurts. Check the halfshafts and the CV boots, check the brakes and how does the trans shift? I never owned a Honda with an auto trans so I have no idea how they hold up. The manual trans cars last FOREVER! They are great cars....I too agree to make sure you don't pay too much for it. Hondas pull good money. Good luck!

hrsp
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Well i pick it up sunday... it needs brakes and a new exhaust and new tires..but i got it for $1000 and my pickup... thanks for all your input

i'll be back i'm sure with more questions in a few days!!

diablizzard
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
check the oil pres. sending unit those usually leak.

I worked at a Honda dealership. I was transfered over to Nissan recently.

hrsp
03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
need tires for it...cheaper the better.. i was thinking mr p's...was told they have good prices.. anyone know of a cheaper place to get new tires? thanks

Flight_740
03-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Cleveland avenue auto.
414-321-1130

ask for Mike. Tell him that Mike from Merit Motorcars reffered you to him.

The car will probably be the most reliable car you have ever owned.

hrsp
03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
damn to late i got tires yesterday.. mr p's on hwy