PDA

View Full Version : Need another deck!

Yooformula
02-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Anything under $100, whatcha got.

Now before the naysayers come out with their quick comments about best buy....SAVE IT! I already picked up 5 decks that were WAAAAY cheaper than best buy and were much better in quality plus I freed up some space and put some coin in a member's pocket! So if you dont have anything positive to contribute..-->STFU! :thumbsup

jbiscuit
02-22-2006, 08:52 AM
have you tried Curcuit City since you discriminate against Best Buy?

wikked
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Anything under $100, whatcha got.

Stock Infiniti deck, FM doesn't work, CD player doesn't play burnt cd's... $5 :goof

awsomeears
02-22-2006, 04:14 PM
What kind of car is this for ?

I have the Larger Size CD deck

PB86MCSS
02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
How many cars do you have? ;)

Or are we building a collection for some strange reason, practicing repair :D .

Yooformula
02-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I just picked up a deck/amp/sub, thanks Jorge!

If you have any decks or equipment let me know. there is always someone looking for decent stuff that you could use the money for!

theavenger333
02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
that cause ur ghetto azz employees are always lookin!!!! he prob needs one for the van

Yooformula
02-22-2006, 11:40 PM
that cause ur ghetto azz employees are always lookin!!!! he prob needs one for the van

yeah no kidding. they ask me all the time...so what :confused the minivan is fine for now, will need a dvd player though.

95 TA - The Beast
02-23-2006, 07:20 AM
yeah no kidding. they ask me all the time...so what :confused the minivan is fine for now, will need a dvd player though.

I will say putting the system in the minivan was the best thing ever... It has a pop-out in-dash 7" display, drop down 13" LCD for the kids in back, dual 6" displays on the rear captains chairs so the older kids can play gamecube, 6-disc dvd changer (a GODSEND compared to a single disc player), 2-way Cadence components front and rear, dual 10" cadence subs (seperate enclosures so the cargo space can be optimized) and dual Alpine amps powering everything with about 800 watts or so...

All I can say is that it was the best $1k (everything but the amps are new, and that includes buying one of them) I spent on ANY of my vehicles to date... As there is no price you can put on the quiet and contentment of 4 kids all under the age of 9 on a 2.5 hour road trip... :thumbsup

Yooformula
02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
I will say putting the system in the minivan was the best thing ever... It has a pop-out in-dash 7" display, drop down 13" LCD for the kids in back, dual 6" displays on the rear captains chairs so the older kids can play gamecube, 6-disc dvd changer (a GODSEND compared to a single disc player), 2-way Cadence components front and rear, dual 10" cadence subs (seperate enclosures so the cargo space can be optimized) and dual Alpine amps powering everything with about 800 watts or so...

All I can say is that it was the best $1k (everything but the amps are new, and that includes buying one of them) I spent on ANY of my vehicles to date... As there is no price you can put on the quiet and contentment of 4 kids all under the age of 9 on a 2.5 hour road trip... :thumbsup

Oh believe me I know the benefits of the tv in the car. The durango had a drop down 8" lcd and in dash 6 disc changer plus a/v inputs for my xbox with an aux power supply. I made plenty use of that on long trips and the wireless headphones for the kids was nice so I didnt have to listen to their shows all the time. I was going to get the indash nav system with tv upgrade but decided I could find it cheaper on my own. I was going to add some subs but it would be too much for the infant so I am glad I didnt, would have been a waste of time.

95 TA - The Beast
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the wireless headphones wouldn't be a bad idea at all (kids with the 6" screens use wired headphones), but I figure with the littlest ones headphones won't work and I pick what they watch in the car, so no annoying crap that I can't stand... Actually there are quite a few of thier programs that I enjoy listening too as well, call me nostalgic as they have a ton of music from the 80s and 90s in the newer programs...

I have provisions for TV antennas with my unit as well as a TV tuner setup, but I have heard they don't work as well once the vehicle is in motion? I figure it would be nice for the adult passengers once the little ones are sleeping and the kids in back are playing video games...

I figure now since we are taking more family vacations I will probably be looking into a GPS nav system for it as well... I have like 2 extra sets of inputs so I should be set...

Teufelhunden
02-23-2006, 09:19 AM
1) pop-out in-dash 7" display
2) drop down 13" LCD for the kids in back
3) dual 6" displays on the rear captains chairs
4) 6-disc dvd changer
5) 2-way Cadence components front and rear,
6) dual 10" cadence subs
7) dual Alpine amps powering everything with about 800 watts or so...

All I can say is that it was the best $1k (everything but the amps are new, and that includes buying one of them)

Please tell me where you got this all for $1000. I NEED something just like your system! Help a brother out...

95 TA - The Beast
02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Please tell me where you got this all for $1000. I NEED something just like your system! Help a brother out...

The headunit/6-disc DVD changer (also plays MP3s) was bought off ebay for like $365 or so (they directly shipped from China, only took 2 days to get it via DHL)...

The 13" display was also an e-bay purchase, same deal shipped from China, like $215...

The Cadence speakers were bought off e-bay, the components direct from the manufacturer (I must say at $70 a pair they are the damn nicest components I have found compared to anything below $250 retail) and the subs for like $60 shipped for all 3 of them...

The sub amp was a dual channel old-school Alpine off ebay for like $40...

The dual 6" displays were from some guy that bought them for a project, didn't use them.. Got them both for like $110 shipped...

The video distribution amplifier was like $15 off ebay...

The amp wiring kit was from Walmart and cost like $25, the sub enclosures were from Circuit City at like $40 each...

All in all just a tad over $1k, like $1050 or so...

Then came the fun of installing it all... It worked out pretty well as I put the 6-disc changer under the passengers captain chair in the front (it fit perfectly, along with the video distribution amplifier), the headunit is a single-DIN sized unit, the drop down display mounted great with the conversion van interior as they have solid panels on the roof areas (and I could get at the wiring through the map light fixtures), the amps mounted great in the back and the subs just sit in thier single boxes, the 6" headrest displays are strapped to the rear captains chairs with color-matching nylon straps and are removeable as well (I have removed them as well as the subs before for moving stuff with people when the rear captains chairs and rear bench is removed and it works out great)...

I also tinted the side and rear windows with the 'cling' window tint from Walmart (installed it like you would actual adhesive-based tint) and it has been fine for over 8 months and looks great...

If you want to checkout the setup you are more than welcome to drop by, or I can bring the minivan with me this Saturday on our 'outing'...

Slow Joe
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I was lookin at that like wtf only 1K also... Then I remembered that the usage of non brand name items can save a ton of money... Too bad I'm picky... lol...

nismodave
02-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Here.......from Wal Mart........PIMP!!!

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/82/72/04/10/0082720410128_500X500.jpg

Always the low price....ALWAYS (http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products/?sfID1=24&productID=1339&walmartProductID=3342527)

Slow Joe
02-23-2006, 05:20 PM
THOSE SUCK!!! My cousin put one in his 944 last year b/c the other CD player stopped working completely... Yeahhhhh he's buying a new Pioneer this year... That one don't play CDs unless the car is parked... lol, any little jolt and it skips... :rolf

Here.......from Wal Mart........PIMP!!!

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/82/72/04/10/0082720410128_500X500.jpg

Always the low price....ALWAYS (http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products/?sfID1=24&productID=1339&walmartProductID=3342527)