PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR fans?

97PontiacW68
02-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Well I missed the race yesterday but i taped it and finished it about 4 oclock this morning.. any body have any comments or anything to add... i think tony stewart ****ed over matt kenseth and matt was just gettin him back for runnin him off the track and he got penalized for it thats a buncha crap oh well .. i think jr had a disadvantage also because everybody had somebody to work with except for him.. oh well just my two cents.. what ya'll think?

Yooformula
02-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I like Tony Stewart but it was ironic after all of the crying he did about aggressive driving that he turned around and took someone else out. I do think Matt started it first though early on when he bumped TS. I cant believe Jimmy Johnson's car wasnt impounded like any other car that is caught cheating, not to mention his crew chief should be banned for his 3rd attempt at cheating in less than a year.

97PontiacW68
02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah dedicated to all the haters! haha how cheesey is that??

Yooformula
02-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I would have liked to have seen Jr win it but he made a good run and sucks that he had no help later on but then now that he dissed Waltrip I doubt he will get too much help although JJ did help him stay out front a good chunk of the day.

97PontiacW68
02-20-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah it woulda been nice for him to win seeing as how thats where his dad died and everything .. oh well.. hes won em b4 he'll win em again

Daytonapacecar959
02-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Tony Stewart but it was ironic after all of the crying he did about aggressive driving that he turned around and took someone else out. I do think Matt started it first though early on when he bumped TS. I cant believe Jimmy Johnson's car wasnt impounded like any other car that is caught cheating, not to mention his crew chief should be banned for his 3rd attempt at cheating in less than a year.
Matt never bumped him,he got on the outside of him and got him loose,never touched him.

Memphis
02-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Matt never bumped him,he got on the outside of him and got him loose,never touched him.

Exactly, matt doesnt race that way. Hell, he rarely even talks out when someone does it to him! Notice I said rarely...I liked Tony last year, much more mellow and relaxed, not starting off so happy this year though. Since my driver retired, I'm rootin' for Edwards...well matt too of course cause hes the 'hometown' boy.

PS. Jrs got ALOT more help than you guys give him credit for. Everyones his friend cause they know he'll pull em to the front. And I also agree that JJ's car should have been impounded...and Knauss needs more than a 2 to 4 race suspension...maybe like a whole season! The last three or four wins hes gotten have all had some controversy around it...with the car or the crew chief in some way.

97z2801ss
02-21-2006, 12:02 AM
race was alright, JJ is another F@gboy....TS wined about agressive driving n he did it but also placed blame on kyle busch and had his publisist talk for him. buncha crap to me althoe I do like Tony he needs to admit when hes wrong. Kenseth handled that better then other drivers would have.

Jr coulda shoulda would he admitted he made a mistake that he thinks cost him the race and threw alot of the race not alot of people would work with him on the outside. He was trying to win thats why he went from fourth to eighth.

any predictions for Fontana?

Firefighter Z
02-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Mark you shoulda saw Jess Sunday, I never saw a girl so into NASCAR, I'm like holy shiat this is fricken sweet.

Car Guy
02-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Is it just me or is NASCAR turning into a racing version of the soap opera 'Days of Our Lives'......?

DirtyMax
02-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Looked like the 20 tried to block the 17, just like everyone else was doing and continued to do all week prior and all day after. I don't think Stewart knew Kenseth had that good of a run on him. Between all the safety equipment and how far down the drivers are seated, the blind spots on those cars is ridiculous. I doubt he chopped him intentionally that bad.... seeing as how he took the risk of ending his own day too. I'm not defending anyone... I am a fan of and have met both drivers but I really don't think Stewart would risk ending his day for a chop block on Kenseth a third of the way into the race.

JRink
02-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Umm. In the interviews I saw, TS said he did it intentionally. "He started it, I finished it". So yes he "chopped him" on purpose. And to think... I was starting to like the guy.

97PontiacW68
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Mark you shoulda saw Jess Sunday, I never saw a girl so into NASCAR, I'm like holy shiat this is fricken sweet.
haha nice dint know she was into nascar

97PontiacW68
02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
yeh we all know stewart intentionally chopped him.. its clear to me that stewart is getting a big ego and thinks he can do whatever the fvck he wants.. like i read in other thread karmas a *****

DirtyMax
02-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Umm. In the interviews I saw, TS said he did it intentionally. "He started it, I finished it". So yes he "chopped him" on purpose. And to think... I was starting to like the guy.

yeh we all know stewart intentionally chopped him.. its clear to me that stewart is getting a big ego and thinks he can do whatever the fvck he wants.. like i read in other thread karmas a *****

Have you ever been in a heated situation and said/did something that after you had the time to cool off and collect your thoughts, realized it wasn't probably the right choice of words. The press felt they had to run right up to his car and grabbed that quote 30 seconds after he'd just spent the last 4 hours white-knuckling the wheel at 180+ mph... adrenialine was still present... of course he was going to be a little amped up. I do believe he tried to cut him off but that incident had potential to be alot worse for both of them. Had Tony known that Matt was that far up his 1/4 panel, he probably wouldn't have come down that abruptly because it had alot more potential to send him airborne than it did for the 17. Point is Matt can be a tad bit of a hothead himself. Remember last year when he got all pussyhurt and retailiated on Harvick and got blackflagged then too? I've known him since he raced at Slinger 10+ years ago when he was known as "Matt the Brat". Think he got that nickname from the other drivers for no reason? Like I said.. I like both guys but neither of them is perfect. But you can ask anyone in the know in any form of racing and an overwhelming majority will agree that Stewart is the best driver in any form motorsports today, meaning he can get in anything and win.

murdoc158
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
What's Nascar?