PDA

View Full Version : "Pinks"

Russ Jerome
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
This is the week of the new season right?

http://speedtv.com/pinks/

Click on schedule and it looks like old shows no?

T'S 95T/A
02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes, Tonight Should Be New

jbiscuit
02-22-2006, 02:52 PM
sucks the show is all staged/set-up....kinda like watching wrestling.

95 TA - The Beast
02-22-2006, 04:31 PM
sucks the show is all staged/set-up....kinda like watching wrestling.

Actually it isn't...

I happen to know about a certain race that will be televised soon (next month) and nothing was staged about it... They get chosen, they race, and the loser signs thier car over to the winner...

Hell, a few of the 'losers' cars have been sold on e-bay as the winners didn't have any use for them... So, nothing staged, and people really do lose thier cars... :wow

UnderPSI
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Even if it is staged it is still decent to watch. I can't stand how fake wrestling is though.

Korndogg
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
didnt someone on here know someone that went on that show and it was staged. the guy got his car back after the show...

CruxGNZ
02-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Click here (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=105310&highlight=pinks) and then click here (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108247&page=2&highlight=pinks) and read the last paragraph of post #52. The Civic dude went to the hospital!

Russ Jerome
02-22-2006, 07:54 PM
This far into winter I find myself stoping on Nascar
shows....jonesin for some burnin bubber!!!

Flicktitty
02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
hmmmm just watched it tonight it was pretty cool, Not a big fan of watching mustangs though! but still cool!

USMARINE1108
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Click here (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=105310&highlight=pinks) and then click here (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108247&page=2&highlight=pinks) and read the last paragraph of post #52. The Civic dude went to the hospital!

I can't believe I just read all of that.........

I think the show is stupid, but I watch it when it's on. I don't know why.

Yooformula
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Season 1, the losers had the opportunity to buy their cars back for a fee. They did change it after the first season but yeah at first they could simply buy them back.

VroomPshhTsi
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I ususally watch it if it's on but I never plan on doing so. I can't stand the host, he's a douche and I wouldn't want him setting up any race I'd be in. I like when he "threatens" to take both cars when the two can't agree on a race within like 2 minutes, so gay....

jbiscuit
02-23-2006, 07:36 AM
last night's show was decent. That guy had a garage-built, $5000 mustang. The other car was a race car....all gutted, cage, aluminum race bucket etc etc...I thought the guy that lost in the end did quite well. Even had to swap a driveshaft in like 10 minutes....the guy that won put that Stang on the bumper that first launch!

BlownMe
02-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah I saw it. That host is a butt pirate. I'd end up opening a 40 of whoop ass on that fu(kboy. The races were decent. I thought the negotiations were hilarious.

Slow Guy: "Im gonna need 10 cars"

Fast Guy: "Well, I wanna run head up!"

Slow Guy was lucky he didnt break more than his driveshaft. That couldve been REAL ugly!

91-stang
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I like the show except they could do a couple of things different to make it less cheeseee. I liked it more towards the end of last year . It seemed like the took a few steps backwards so far. I don't think its to far from being a really cool show part of it is the host needs to come back down to earth.

jbiscuit
02-23-2006, 09:29 AM
the host is a WIERD guy, thats for sure.

SMOKDU
02-23-2006, 09:50 AM
at least they ran fast cars. thr real reason they used mustangs is that it is cheep to go fast.

USMARINE1108
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
the host is a WIERD guy, thats for sure.

That guy is a tool who knows nothing about cars. They need John Force to host the show.

WhiteZCamaro
02-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Its an alright show the first thing they to change is less damn commercials!! :flipoff2:

Stangman98
02-24-2006, 05:07 PM
I wanna kick that host in the nutz. He doesn't know **** about cars and has even admitted to that fact. The guy that won this week, well I don't see eye to eye with him either

GrimreaperSS
02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I really dont like the host, or his now tech. assistant (nathan pritchart?). the guy from maryland that raced a blue 5.0 last season. That dumba** doesnt know sh*t either. They were both at the Barrett-Jackson show, and atleast thats where the host stated he doesnt know anything about cars, but was at B-J to learn. I love how the Pritchart kid on his first race stated lengths was for pussies, but then immediately on the second race asked for lengths! Stupid A**!. The first show this season, I wasnt thrilled with the "first" race. I thought that even implimenting that rule was stupid on the shows behalf. "we're giving him the option of the win cause you spilled gas on the track, even though we knew right away it wasn't a leak/ major safety issue."
That shouldnt have even benn an option to the guy. just get them on the "line" and race.

mrz28M6
02-25-2006, 04:37 PM
haha at first i thought i was the only one that just frickin hated that douche! i even like get worked up at how stupid he is and start yelling at him on my couch. haha but yea how about get like a speed shop owner or something? and another is his shitty starts that can be really deceiving. i mean no wonder why someone always jumps!