PDA

View Full Version : 'Kleen Wheels' dust shields.....

Car Guy
02-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Has anybody had any experience with them and if so good or bad. I know they work pretty good as far as keeping the wheels clean(from what I've seen) but I've heard that there is a possibility of your brakes heating up too fast and too much.......???

Link to the website........

http://www.kleenwheels.com/

LIL EVO
02-19-2006, 10:25 AM
So you're kindof turning your rims into hubcaps again

pOrk
02-19-2006, 11:48 AM
They work well, although I would get the billit dust covers that can be found on other websites. They look much better. You only need to worry about the brakes heating up if you are doing alot of autocross racing or drag racing

Slow Joe
02-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I don't like how they look like they'd look on a car...

Al
02-19-2006, 11:59 AM
So you're kindof turning your rims into hubcaps again

I'll second that.

I'd rather have brake dust and be able to see my brakes.

92lxcoupe
02-19-2006, 01:17 PM
I have them on my '04 F-150. The pads dust so bad I used to clean my wheels every two or three days to get them decent looking, even though the truck was still clean. The Kleen Wheels fit well behind the wheels and keep all of the dust off the wheels. I would like to be able to see my brakes also, but I also have better things to do than clean my wheels constantly. I have only had one of my friends notice them, and I have had them on my truck for a year and a half.

Car Guy
02-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll second that.

I'd rather have brake dust and be able to see my brakes.

I don't care to see my brakes becasue they are puny/ugly and I personally don't think it looks like you have hubcaps. Also, not having to clean your rims every week is also a big bonus if you like them clean.

I was more worried about the heat factor harming something, or possibly me........

92lxcoupe
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
There are vents in the Kleen Wheels that help cool your brakes. I pulled a 2200 lb trailer with my 3200lb Mustang on it without problems. I did not have the trailer brakes adjusted properly, so my truck was doing most of the work, and the brakes never overheated.

Car Guy
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Well I think I'm going to give them a try then.......

TransAm12sec
02-27-2006, 02:54 AM
I got ceramic brake pads, so that helps alittle. My wheels are also waxed, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.