PDA

View Full Version : cobra intake and fox tb swap installed

95_Gt
02-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Well i got done with my install this monday,it went pretty well being my first time.I have to say its feels like a whole different car.The intake really woke it up.The fox tb swap give it more room and gives it a quicker throttle response.I recommand it to anyone doing a intake swap on 94-95 gt .the mods were a 93 ported cobra intake,93 cobra TB,modded cai,and a 180* t-stat.

Just want to post on here as my first winter project.

here are some pics of my car and the engine.The engine is really dirty and the reason is because i didnt have time to do it.I did the swap outside in 30* weather and less.

BTW the intake i got from ebay,It look good on the pics that he sent,but when i got it, it was all scarp up.So when i put my heads on i will get it powdercoated.

here are pics
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mustangcobra0495/album?.dir=/e43c

thanks
Jesse

Slow Joe
02-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Instead of powercoating the CAI I'd wrap it with some heat resistant stuff to keep the air cold... One of the biggest problems (in my opinion) are these "Fender-Well CAIs" because the way it's run on the Mustang it can suck in cold air, but what's it do by the time it makes it to the throttle body? It's warm because of all of the engine heat... Just some food for thought... I have one as well, and I'm planning on wrapping it... It might not help alot, but I think it would definately help...

EDIT:

Good job too... I with I had a '94-'95 GT 5.0... :thumbsup

wikked
02-19-2006, 02:49 AM
EDIT:

Good job too... I with I had a '94-'95 GT 5.0... :thumbsup

Throw a few more parties, charge $5 a head... i'm in :D

GRM-REPR
02-19-2006, 11:34 AM
A better CAI is made with ABS plastic insead of aluminum. Moroso offers one of these and I'm sure others do to. Aluminum soaks up engine heat, the ABS plastic repels it and keeps the air coming into the tube cool. I did a search on the Corral for an AFM powerpipe, turns out the UPR brand boost pipe is over 100 bux cheaper and the other great bennefit is that it stays cooler longer than aluminum pieces.

stangpower's suggestion is spot on the money, you can also wrap it in heat reflective wrap. I also bought some of this for my boost tube. Any mail order company sells it.

Just food for thought. Nice pics and good luck on your project

Slow Joe
02-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Throw a few more parties, charge $5 a head... i'm in :D

LOL, Once I get rid of these two idiot roommates I'll be all in... :rolf :thumbsup Some things went sour in the last few months... lol

And the Cheapie CAIs on eBay are like $30 anyways so I'd just get some heat wrap... I need to do that to mine anyways... I should probably check my air filter while I'm at that... :rolf

I'm thinking somehting like this would work fine: http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=THE-11002+&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Any other suggestions??

GRM-REPR
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
The product I bought is for wraping up fuel lines, brake lines wiring, starters, but not things like headers. It's called Thermo-Tec shield. From www.summitracing.com Brand name is COOL IT and it's $14.88. part # is THE-14002 it's good stuff for wraping CAI tubes.

Slow Joe
02-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Ah, ok, I picked the other stuff, but that looks better than my choice... Luckily I didn't buy yet so I can change my mind...