PDA

View Full Version : Car dealers, be aware.

Flight_740
02-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't piss off your customers to bad. :stare :stare :stare :rolf :rolf

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloadsnew/cj_54063.wmv

nismodave
02-17-2006, 01:52 PM
No Jury will convict him!!!!!!!!!

WOW..........YOU GO BRO...........FVCK DEALERSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!

Berettaspeed
02-17-2006, 01:56 PM
wow, that was cool...seller beware LOL

Flight_740
02-17-2006, 02:00 PM
FVCK DEALERSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!

huh? :flipoff2: :alcoholic

PARALYZER
02-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Whats it about? I cant view vid.

Flight_740
02-17-2006, 02:06 PM
It's a survalince (SP) camera in a ford dealer. The guy came in complaining about getting ripped off the day before. He must not have gotten told what he wanted to hear so he smashed his truck through the showroom floor doors and lit it on fire as well as every other car on the showroom.

nismodave
02-17-2006, 02:06 PM
huh? :flipoff2: :alcoholic

:rolf You must sell cars for a living.

You cant honostly tell me that 90% of salespeople/dealers are not crooks.

Lawyers, Politicians, and Car Dealers..........all cut from the same cloth.

PARALYZER
02-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, that guy is the one that hanged himself late last week in the bathroom of a United Airlines Airplane

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=18b43af6-b852-4573-bb49-5e322992ad5a&Dynamic=1&Range=NOW&FromDate=02%2F10%2F2006&ToDate=02%2F14%2F2006&Category=%2Findex.cfm

Flight_740
02-17-2006, 02:09 PM
:rolf You must sell cars for a living.

You cant honostly tell me that 90% of salespeople/dealers are crooks.

Lawyers, Politicians, and Car Dealers..........all cut of the same cloth.

Yeah, I do. I don't rip people off.

I just don't understand why people think car sales guys are crooks. We are not in the 70's anymore.

It's all good though. I don't take that kind of thing personal. I just want to know why people think this.

nismodave
02-17-2006, 02:16 PM
I dont have enough time to tell you some of my Horror stories with Boucher, EVS, and Griffin.

You might be the most legit car salesperson in the World. Im not calling you a crook. And maybe I will talk to you when I need a new car.

But to me, that is not the norm. Aside from the Horror stories I have, the general attitude I get when I even go to look around at dealerships, is Pathetic. And dont let me go with one of my BLACK freinds. We seem to turn invisible.

PARALYZER
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
ha ha thats funny.
I have been dissed so many times by dealer salesthugs. They see a black guy and ignore me, then send the "black" guy over. Then look stupid when they see me signing on the dotted line.

nismodave
02-17-2006, 02:22 PM
ha ha thats funny.
I have been dissed so many times by dealer salesthugs. They see a black guy and ignore me, then send the "black" guy over. Then look stupid when they see me signing on the dotted line.

You know what I mean then........Check out the link I Private Messaged you man.

How are things up NORF Marv??

PARALYZER
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
No snow here....I mean none. I could play golf if I wanted....but its -7 :(

nismodave
02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
No snow here....I mean none. I could play golf if I wanted....but its -7 :(

U have mail..........U comin down this yr???

WilliamZ
02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Wow, That is crazy!!!

84hurst
02-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I also sell cars for a living, and it's a tough buisness. I personally have sold only 2 cars this month and made a total of $350. We get paid on profit, so yeah, we're not going to want to drop the price a lot, because we see our paycheck going down the drain. People come into dealerships w/ a negative attitude as it is, so it's hard to break the ice (especially w/ black customers - they already hate me because I'm white), and even harder to sell a car - especially this season, people are waiting until after the Auto Show or waiting for a tax refund, so they're not ready to buy yet. As for stereotypes, it's hard to get past them, I myself have fallen into that trap a couple times, but the thing is, you never know who has money. I try to treat all my customers w/ the same respect, even if I don't get it back.

hrsp
02-17-2006, 03:07 PM
a bit pissed i'd say

Flight_740
02-17-2006, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=84hurst]People come into dealerships w/ a negative attitude as it is, so it's hard to break the ice [QUOTE]

I don't understand that. It's like people hate buying cars.

About the black man subject. I talk to everybody. The money spends the same no matter what color you are.

PARALYZER
02-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey 84Hurst.....Why the hatred of Borchardts?

Crawlin
02-17-2006, 03:40 PM
You know what, customers are NO better than that perception most of you have about the people selling you the cars. And don't get me started on THOSE stories

84hurst
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=84hurst]People come into dealerships w/ a negative attitude as it is, so it's hard to break the ice [QUOTE]

I don't understand that. It's like people hate buying cars.

About the black man subject. I talk to everybody. The money spends the same no matter what color you are.

I think that people have just had bad experiences in the past, or heard of them, but nowadays, if anyone get ripped off, it's the salesman. I also have no problem talking to customers, no matter what color they are, I treat all of them w/ equality. It's hard sometimes to talk w/ black customers, in the last 8 mos. as a salesman, I've have seen numerous times where, no matter how friendly the white staff is to the black customer, they still want to just ignore you and go right to the black salesperson. For instance, one of my friends from work was working w/ a black man on a used Cadillac (go figure), my friend asked him what he was trying to accomplish, just look or buy, and the customer was so offended by this (not sure how this is offensive, we ask every customer this), that he stood up, said "I'm gonna talk to someone that can help me" and walked right over to the black salesman. It was actually pretty funny to watch, most of the people in the showroom that heard it busted out laughing, including me and my friend. But experiences like this haven't made me into racist salesman or anything, it's just some of the things we have to see on almost a daily basis.

84hurst
02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey 84Hurst.....Why the hatred of Borchardts?

When I paid them $3000 to build me an engine, you'd think they'd get it right, right? 2300 miles after the install, it spun 2 connecting rod bearings. After disassembly, we found that the wrist pins were installed a little to tight, putting too much strain on the bearings and spinning them. Convenient that its a problem a ways down the line, huh? I went back to the shop, calm, and spoke w/ Mike Borchardt about my problem. He said that once the motor leaves his shop, there's nothing he can do about it. This was VERY frustrating, a motor shouldn't blow up after putting 2300 mi. on it, no matter how it was treated. BTW, I changed the oil 3 times in those miles, and didn't even think about stepping on it until after 1000 mi. But the main thing that pissed me off about them, was the fact that he called me a dipsh*t 3 times in front of his wife, 3 customers and one of his techs. I had 8 ASE and GM Certified technicians looking at the parts and all of them told me that the motor was built wrong and this is what caused the damage. I then took my engine to another speed shop, NVR Racing, paid them the thousand dollars it cost to get it fixed, and I've been pissed w/ Borchardt's ever since! :devil

USMARINE1108
02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
When I paid them $3000 to build me an engine, you'd think they'd get it right, right? 2300 miles after the install, it spun 2 connecting rod bearings. After disassembly, we found that the wrist pins were installed a little to tight, putting too much strain on the bearings and spinning them. Convenient that its a problem a ways down the line, huh? I went back to the shop, calm, and spoke w/ Mike Borchardt about my problem. He said that once the motor leaves his shop, there's nothing he can do about it. This was VERY frustrating, a motor shouldn't blow up after putting 2300 mi. on it, no matter how it was treated. BTW, I changed the oil 3 times in those miles, and didn't even think about stepping on it until after 1000 mi. But the main thing that pissed me off about them, was the fact that he called me a dipsh*t 3 times in front of his wife, 3 customers and one of his techs. I had 8 ASE and GM Certified technicians looking at the parts and all of them told me that the motor was built wrong and this is what caused the damage. I then took my engine to another speed shop, NVR Racing, paid them the thousand dollars it cost to get it fixed, and I've been pissed w/ Borchardt's ever since! :devil

yea, I'd be pissed too!

Slow Joe
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I dont have enough time to tell you some of my Horror stories with Boucher, EVS, and Griffin.

You might be the most legit car salesperson in the World. Im not calling you a crook. And maybe I will talk to you when I need a new car.

But to me, that is not the norm. Aside from the Horror stories I have, the general attitude I get when I even go to look around at dealerships, is Pathetic. And dont let me go with one of my BLACK freinds. We seem to turn invisible.

That's the funny thing... All the old school car guys are the guys that "rip" people off becuase that's how they were taught... When/if I sell someone a car off the lot here I tell 'em straight up... No sugar coating... Plus car dealerships are around to make money if you're complaining about that... It's the consumers responsibility to make sure they're getting a good deal on the car.... Damn if I could only remember the exact quote from the movie Suckers about that... Something like "So your job is to make the most money on the car, the customers is to pay the least, why are you upset that you're better at your job than the customer is..." Which is the truth... If you don't feel like you're getting a good deal, get up and walk out, and if you find a better deal elsewhere so be it... Some places and people just don't care... I'm more of a customer satisfaction person... I also don't look at a persons color, age or anything like that... Everyone needs assistance... Everyone's a customer... You never know who's gunna buy a car...

EDIT:

I also sell cars for a living, and it's a tough buisness. I personally have sold only 2 cars this month and made a total of $350. We get paid on profit, so yeah, we're not going to want to drop the price a lot, because we see our paycheck going down the drain. People come into dealerships w/ a negative attitude as it is, so it's hard to break the ice (especially w/ black customers - they already hate me because I'm white), and even harder to sell a car - especially this season, people are waiting until after the Auto Show or waiting for a tax refund, so they're not ready to buy yet. As for stereotypes, it's hard to get past them, I myself have fallen into that trap a couple times, but the thing is, you never know who has money. I try to treat all my customers w/ the same respect, even if I don't get it back.

Yeah, most sales people are comission based no matter what... Most think that amazingly helpful person at American isn't making money off you too? LOL, I know all about selling cars in winter months most places... Thank god for tax "season"... lmao

You know what, customers are NO better than that perception most of you have about the people selling you the cars. And don't get me started on THOSE stories

Yup, especially customers that don't trust you even when you're telling them the truth...

HITMAN
02-17-2006, 08:26 PM

That's the complete opposite experience to mine. My Borchardt built 440 short-block stayed together through thick and thin, it was my Nickerson built 906 heads that ultimately were that engines undoing. I never had anything but valve train problems with those heads after he got through with them. This is quite a few years ago, and I doubt that I would have either one of them do anything for me anymore, but at the time, Nickerson/Volden Racing was the "hot" shop around and Borchardt's just wasn't in the same league... :rolleyes:

If Tom Nickerson's mouth were on fire, I wouldn't take the time to piss on his teeth to put out the blaze. Phucking crook... :chair:

NVR = http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/668/poop1bk.jpg

nismodave
02-17-2006, 08:30 PM
If Tom Nickerson's mouth were on fire, I wouldn't take the time to piss on his teeth to put out the blaze. Phucking crook... :chair:

Mr Hitman........I want to buy you a beer.......Tom Nickerson is the biggest pile of **** in Milwaukee. He did some **** that I cant even mention on here, due to respect for my Father. He let it go...........I didnt.

84hurst
02-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Quote: 01v6stangpwr: Yup, especially customers that don't trust you even when you're telling them the truth... :Quote

Another story for ya, again, my friend was working w/ a customer on a used Mazda 6. He made us an offer on car that we couldn't do. He didn't believe us so we got out our cost sheet (w/ car inventory and what we own them for) and showed it to the customer. We showed him what we owned the vehicle for and this is why we couldn't sell him the car for his offer. He stood up, called him a liar and walked out the door. See, even when your honest, some people just don't believe you because of the profession your in. BTW, when was the last time you were car shopping and the salesperson actually showed you what they owned the vehicle for?

Flight_740
02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Ha, same with me.

I had a truck siting around for a while that I wanted to sell. Guy made me a offer that would have made us lose money. I told the guy I would sell it to him at a break even deal. I took this truck in on trade and I pulled out the Purchase contract and showed him how much I had into it. He believed me and still offered me lower. I laughed and said "now you want me to loose money?" and kicked him out. He came back a day later and said he would give me the money for the truck.

I guess I won but it still pisses me off you know? They just don't want you to make a red cent off of them. I don't work for free. Not all customers are like this but the bad ones really stick out.

nismodave
02-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I just dont understand why people need all the proof how much a car costs at the dealer, and cause a fuss. Find a car you want, figure how much you want to pay for it, and if the dealer does not give you the price you want, walk out. Ive done that and had the guy come chasing after me or call me a day later with a better offer. :rolf

There are so many cars out there, if you look hard enough and do your homework, you can find what you want for the price you want.

I pretty much dont go to dealers anymore, I go to the Auctions with a freind who sells used.

Flight_740
02-18-2006, 10:37 AM
I just dont understand why people need all the proof how much a car costs at the dealer, and cause a fuss. Find a car you want, figure how much you want to pay for it, and if the dealer does not give you the price you want, walk out. Ive done that and had the guy come chasing after me or call me a day later with a better offer. :rolf .

I like calling peoples bluff. They act like they are walking away but they can't. They expect me to chase them down but I don't. :rolf I always give them the best price and thats that.

But the first part of your post is correct. It does not matter what I paid for the car. It's how much Im going to sell it to you for so don't worry about what I paid for it. :rolf I did it then just to prove a point.

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 10:52 AM
See, I don't even care with the ones that didn't trust me when I did sales. You could be laughing and joking around and they'd still try to BS you too. I understand, it's THEIR money. But please, it's not like we aren't gonna find out. I remember an HHR lady that one of my guys was trying to sell. She got all huffy and puffy about another dealerships ads advertising 0% for 72months. Sure, on just two models. Definitely not the HHR. Well she was so insistent on that, that I went and dialed the other dealerships phone number and put the phone in front of her. She asked the question, then realized what I said was right, and hung up with them and was embarassed. She ended up buying one through us.

See, there's two things with our business.

One - It's better to have a person in front of you than reading the newspaper. So that's why our ads are "vague". No matter where you go, it's the same thing, and for a variety of products, not just cars.

Second - It's why we push so hard to do the deal right here right now. It's not that we are "puttin it to you" or anything(in 99% cases), it's that what we said, you don't believe and cause a stink about it, then you go to a different dealership who may have been vague on the phone or even lied, and now that they are at the dealership, they find out what the first salesperson said was TRUE, but now are TOO EMBARASSED to come back because they made an idiot of themselves.

So now we lost two ways. The other salesperson was the liar, but when they are in front of them, doing the same deal, it's just too much hassle for customers to come back after they know they were wrong.

It's the nature of the business. It's not always like that. And to be honest, we have a good group of people on this board that have been in the business for awhile. We don't have JUST salespeople. I know everything about every car on our lot and what it in it and what it can be sold for. The regular SALESPERSON doesn't know **** in most cases. So it's not THEM that are holding gross on you. Now some of the seasoned guys get special treatment on this. But I know all of the guys here except one, and everyone at Braeger except maybe 2-3 guys(outta 15-20) don't know squat about the price and is only relaying information.

Just remember one thing, sometimes people move on from their original dealership. Grass is always greener. I was lucky enough to make the switch I did because of a member on this board. So now I still know everyone at Braeger. I know people that matter at Hall, I know people at Holz, I know people at EVS, at Boucher, etc... So if you come tell me you are getting "X" amount, I can excuse myself and go call that person to get me the info. We share all the time. It's an advantage I can give to my salesperson.

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 10:58 AM
I pretty much dont go to dealers anymore, I go to the Auctions with a freind who sells used.

Better watch that. If YOU PERSONALLY don't have your license or pass, the Sheriff's department is searching for that more now. I know this is true at the GMAC auctions. Hell the DRIVER's have to sit in a tent and wait, they can't even be around the cars anymore.

And on a negative note to what you said, I understand looking for the best deal, but you don't realize you are messing up the market since you are essentially a retail buyer bidding up the price of a car that is in a wholesale arena. It's funny cause our buyer's can tell real quick ;) But not like you care(which like I said, that's fine)

You'd be amazed at how many people gather and laugh at the people who pay too much for a car. #1 comment is "must not be in the business"

GTSLOW
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
BCM's gonna need a new forum just for all our car sales peeps :goof

84hurst
02-18-2006, 11:24 AM
It's funny too, that even if you drop your pants for a customer (especially on new cars or aged used cars), they still don't believe that this is the best price. I swear, there's some customers that think that we get the car for free and what we sell it for is all profit. But things have changed in the last 10-15 years in this buisness. The internet has changed the way people buy cars. There are several websites that can calculate very accurately what the invoice price is on a vehicle. And for all those who do sell cars, you know that most of the time, that's a guaranteed mini. Also, the whole idea of buying cars for a customer is negative. But there are genuinley (spelling?) some nice salespeople that do bend over backwards for their customers yet they are still looked upon as crooks. It's a tough buisness, but the best thing is to build good report w/ the customer and treat them like the King or Queen that they are, since they are the ones that are helping you make a living. Hopefully, those customers return and buy from you again or send you referrals. :thumbsup

nismodave
02-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I did have a good experience at ANDREW NISSAN. They looked for 3 weeks for the Altima my mom wanted, and they cheaper than everyone else.

But their sevice department turned out to be a different story.

84hurst
02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
I did have a good experience at ANDREW NISSAN. They looked for 3 weeks for the Altima my mom wanted, and they cheaper than everyone else.

But their sevice department turned out to be a different story.

Try our service department. Gordie Boucher Nissan, HWY 100 and Arthur Ave. Behind International Autos. We have won numerous rewards because of high customer satisfaction and are the top Service Dept. in the area. The service advisors are very nice and curtious and the Service Manager will bend over backwards to make sure each and every customer is satisfied!

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Did that guy buy that Mazda 6? Was it silver? Cause I think my NEIGHBOR bought that car :)

84hurst
02-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Did that guy buy that Mazda 6? Was it silver? Cause I think my NEIGHBOR bought that car :)

That guy didn't buy from us, but we had two of them for awhile. One was a silver '03 5spd. We sold that in December I think, and we had a tanish/goldish '04 5spd I sold yesterday. BTW, look for the Boucher sticker and Nissan license plate frame.

Russ Jerome
02-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Took me me a year to get Gap insurance taken off a contract
I signed with Wilde Nissan on hwy 100, never did get some
other "disability" insurance that just 'popped" up on my
final contract :(

Sat there and asked salesman strait to his face while we did
contract "You dont have any of those stupid insurance costs
on there right?" "Oh yea Russ its just the vehicle and finance
costs's on there"........guy would hide every time I went in.

T-Bag
02-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Having worked at Honda Rape City, I saw both sides of the spectrum. Not only was that the shittiest dealership I have ever stepped foot in, it was also shitty to its employees. I've seen jackass customers too.

Why do you think I only worked at that shithole for a month.

Neal Steffek
02-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Having worked at Honda Rape City, I saw both sides of the spectrum. Not only was that the shittiest dealership I have ever stepped foot in, it was also shitty to its employees. I've seen jackass customers too.

Why do you think I only worked at that shithole for a month.

Bullshit, Russ Darrow i by far the worst place to purchase a car from. I would punch that ****er in the throat if I ever saw him. :fire

Russ Jerome
02-18-2006, 01:46 PM
The Chevy dealer that used to be called Northridge, that
had to be the best car buying experience I ever had!

New I wanted the 94 Impalla SS from SEMA show, walked
in and finaced the first one. Mark was sales guy, sent me
cards and the finance people rocked! Had warranty work
done and as a mechanic would rate there service 100%
posotive....probably why they are no longer around :(

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree with Russ,

I've bought two cars from them (I can't remember salesperson, started with M) back in 2001 from him. The '01 Xtreme I leased and the red '98 Z28. Just made it real simple for me, showed me everything up front. I wish I knew where he was now so I could get him hired here, haha.

Flight_740
02-18-2006, 02:35 PM
So who here works at Holz again?

84hurst
02-18-2006, 02:37 PM
So who here works at Holz again?
I used to, but not in sales, I was a lowly lube tech, aka b*tch

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Kristin, Yamahachick02 works there, and then Bluto is the Internet Manager's husband and is in sales(edit)

Flight_740
02-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Ah Ok, I just know a guy over there.

BLUTO
02-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Im in used sales-sell new or used. At Holz...

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Sorry Bluto, thought Kristin told me at one point you were in service

Russ Jerome
02-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I agree with Russ,

I've bought two cars from them (I can't remember salesperson, started with M) .

Mark Erd? Mark Eard or something?

Crawlin
02-18-2006, 05:29 PM
no, big black guy, actually it was TERRANCE!!! I was waay off(dumb and bumer) hahaha.

nismodave
02-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Try our service department. Gordie Boucher Nissan, HWY 100 and Arthur Ave. Behind International Autos. We have won numerous rewards because of high customer satisfaction and are the top Service Dept. in the area. The service advisors are very nice and curtious and the Service Manager will bend over backwards to make sure each and every customer is satisfied!

This was like 5 years ago......But because of Gordie Boucher NISSAN, I have a hatred of Dealers. I bought my 240sx from them and got a book for oil changes.

I was driving home after an oil change and my oil light came on. THE FVCKING PLUG WAS NOT TIGHTENED. They had to tow my car to the dealership.

6 months later they did not tighten my oil filter and it came loose. I had to have my car towed to a local shop. Why I went back there after the first fvck up, I will never know.

I would not buy a fvcking lug nut from that PILE OF CRAP DEALERSHIP. PISS ON THEM!!!

No offense HURST.

Slow Joe
02-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Hrmmm but that's not the sales end of the dealership that's the service department...