PDA

View Full Version : (ASAP) Loud Mouth 1 or Loud Mouth 2??

GTSLOW
02-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Whats the difference?? Im ordering it tonite and need to decide which to get!!

HELP!!

UnderPSI
02-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry but Magnaflow or GMMG. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. I have Magnaflow, sounds good, stainless, and cheap.

88camaro
02-14-2006, 08:31 AM
loud mouth 1
Great flow, aggressive sound.
If you're looking for the best-flowing, meanest-sounding exhaust systems in the business, SLP's Loud Mouth systems are for you. They use a specially designed resonator instead of a traditional muffler, allowing them to provide unmatched power increases and a wicked "wide-open" sound. Gains of up to 25 HP are possible, depending upon the application. You'll feel--and hear--the difference!

loud mouth 2
"If you're looking for the best-flowing, meanest-sounding exhaust systems in the business, SLP's Loud Mouth II systems are for you. Not quite as loud as the original Loud Mouths, the systems' great sound comes from a pair of stainless bullet mufflers complete with embossed SLP logos. The engineers at SLP developed a great sound for the street without objectionable in-cabin resonance. The additional performance comes from the free-flow design and their built-in PowerFlow-X crossover system that borrows a power-building technique widely used in stock car racing. These systems feature a pair of distinctive 3.5 in., dual-wall, stainless steel tips that look great peeking out of the rear of your ride. The tips have angle cuts and can angle downward in a traditional style, or rotate at a 90 degree angle so they match the curving shape of your rear valance. Their modular design gives you the flexibility to change to a louder system in minutes by using a pair of bolt-in Loud Mouth resonators, if you choose. "

this what summit has on their web site

USMARINE1108
02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
If you plan on a cam or cam/headers in the future, I'd stay away from the loudmouth. It shows it's ugly side, and sounds like crap. Very raspy. Sounds great with stock motor/manifolds.

Don't know what you plans for the car are, so hope this helps you out.

WilliamZ
02-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry but Magnaflow or GMMG. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. I have Magnaflow, sounds good, stainless, and cheap.

What he said...

GTSLOW
02-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Dam. I remeber hearing toms 2 years back. Cam, headers, ypipe, etc.. Thing sounded sooo nice. Guess people have different tastes?

Firefighter Z
02-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Go with LM2, you want a free flowing exhaust with less wrasp... I never heard a LM2 on a LS1 with C/Headers/Y pipe yet.