PDA

View Full Version : chicago auto show

Cleveland Dave
02-09-2006, 01:17 PM
starts this weekend and goes through next weekend....im thinking about heading down on friday the 17th and maybe staying in chicago for the night...ill make sure to take lots of pics.

BAD LS1
02-09-2006, 01:29 PM
im going on sat too

ProjectCamaro
02-09-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm going this Monday!! Can't wait to see the new Camaro in person.

97z2801ss
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
lotsa pics chad!

ProjectCamaro
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
lotsa pics chad!

No that's ok.

Actually I'm going to look at the Camaro and my dad's going to look at some Porcshe's and BMW's because come spring he's buying a new car.
My brother's trying to talk him into the new turbocharged Pontaic Solstce(sp). So they can drive their roadster's together(he had an S2000).

Slow Joe
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
The Z4 is a roadster... lol... For the price I'd rather have a Boxster though...

ProjectCamaro
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
The Z4 is a roadster... lol... For the price I'd rather have a Boxster though...

It's nice, he's just not sure if he want's to pay the high repair costs. I mean the engines right under you, you have a trunk in the front and back.

Oh and I really don't think he cares for the Z4. I say get the M roadster but that's just me.

Daytonapacecar959
02-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I'll be going this Sat. late morning-early afternoon.

ProjectCamaro
02-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I'll be going this Sat. late morning-early afternoon.

Yeah, we're going as soon as rush hour is over.

STEALTHZR2
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll be going next week friday or saturday. To busy this weekend. I 'll take pics for sure.

SloFarmTruck
02-11-2006, 11:09 PM
I am going tomorow!!! woohoo :thumbsup :banana1:

RedGSX
02-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I am going tomorow!!! woohoo :thumbsup :banana1:

I'm trying to go, but probably next weekend. It sux! :mad:

BAD LS1
02-13-2006, 04:23 PM
It was pretty cool, lots of neat stuff, the new camaro looks ok in person... startign to grow on me.

That is if you can see it though the mob of people all the way around it. Pretty much every "SS" vehicle there is silver this year. And got a look at the 06' GTO, love that new sunset orange color for it!!!

Brian98GTP
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I'll be going this weekend.. cant wait!

Slow Joe
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
It's nice, he's just not sure if he want's to pay the high repair costs. I mean the engines right under you, you have a trunk in the front and back.

Oh and I really don't think he cares for the Z4. I say get the M roadster but that's just me.

Engine's actually Behind you... And all of the trunk panneling pulls out to expose the engine otherwise everything can be accessed from the bottom... I know this well... They actually aren't that bad to work on and the repair costs are about the same as others of that class of vehicles...

twicks69
02-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Cars to check out:

Mitsubishi Eclipse RALLIART (Evo 4G63 and AWD in a new eclipse with alot of 1-off parts, including carbon fiber rims).

Infiniti G35 Coupe Concept -- unbelievable liquid silver paint job -- worth seeing!

Volkswagon Jetta R -- twin turbo badass production jetta (gray with dark gray rims) ~400+ HP

Volkswagon Tourag Rally Truck -- really sweet rally truck.

Lexus LS470 -- Think Audi A8L.

Audi S6 -- bright red -- badass.

BMW M6 -- big motor, big HP, 6-series styling.

Dodge Challenger -- nothing really special, was expecting more.

Mazerati - Blue beautiful Race Car in their stable, next to the quattropostale.

Ferrari stable -- a couple nice rides, along with a 475M race car.

Subaru Rally WRX Sti -- always a badass car to see!

Pontiac Solstice -- not bad -- definitely a good direction for Pontiac to go -- against the miata!

Company displays worth seeing -- Dodge -- very cool multiple axis rotating display with all of their production engines in cutout form. Next to the new Dodge Viper (look for the only yellow car over there). Toyota -- always a good display. Infinity -- again, always a good display.
Jeep -- a fun off-roading style display utilizing their vehicles in a "road less travelled" approach.

Chrysler -- display was lame -- drive cars around (with you being passenger of course) at 1-2mph in a SLALOM course, through uneven pavement and bumps, etc. Line to participate was at least an hour long.

Things not really worth spending alot of time at:

Porsche -- they have a Caymen, but do not have a Cayenne Turbo S, or a 911 Carrera Turbo S. Oh well.

Honda -- nothing really special -- oooohhh a redesigned Insight!

Nissan -- Altima SER. Thats about it, along with a couple concepts.

Toyota -- a couple decent concepts.

Mazda -- didn't see it, didn't miss anything I won't see in a few months at the dealership. Mazdaspeed 6.

Ford -- didn't even spend time there. Probably have a shelby GT500 there -- don't count on it.

Theres a quick run down. Took around 150 pictures. The Nissan G35 coupe concept having probably the best paint and overall finish at the auto show.

twicks69
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
As for the eclipse ralliart -- here's the specs:

ECLIPSE RALLIART

Exterior:
-- Hot Red Mica paint (by PPG)
-- Carbon fiber roof panel
-- Carbon fiber hood
-- Carbon fiber front fenders
-- Carbon fiber front and rear fascias
-- Carbon fiber rear wing
-- Carbon fiber mirrors
-- 20 x 9 carbon fiber wheels
-- AVS Sport 255/35R20 Yokohama tires

Interior:
-- Recaro leather and Alcanterra trimmed seats
-- Custom harness bar
-- Four-point harnesses
-- Rear seat delete
-- Rear seat filler panel with integrated storage
-- Lancer Evolution steering wheel
-- Racing gauges
-- Rockford Fosgate sound system

Performance:
-- Turbocharged 4G63 engine (inline 4-cyl.)
-- Estimated 400 hp
-- All-wheel drive
-- HKS turbocharger kit
-- HKS 264 cams
-- Custom 2.75-inch turbo-back exhaust
-- Custom air intake
-- ARP head studs
-- HKS air-fuel controller
-- High-flow fuel pump
-- High-flow injectors
-- HKS dyno tuned
-- Endeavor rear suspension
-- Lancer Evolution VIII rear differential
-- Evo VIII MR 6-speed manual transmission
-- RPS triple plate carbon-fiber clutch
-- Road Race Engineering/Muellerized coil-over kit
-- Brembo brakes:
front: 8-piston calipers, 15-inch slotted rotors
rear: 4-piston calipers, 13.5-inch slotted rotors

1-off from Road Race Engineering -- hopefully it will find a home in the Mitsubishi lineup.

ProjectCamaro
02-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Ford -- didn't even spend time there. Probably have a shelby GT500 there -- don't count on it.

It was there, it looked ok but I'd never pay the $40,000 base price for it. I'd rather get a year old C6.

twicks69
02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
It was there, it looked ok but I'd never pay the $40,000 base price for it. I'd rather get a year old C6.

well said. Way better all around car. I would do the same thing if I had $40K sitting around.