PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl BS

VroomPshhTsi
02-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I went into the Super Bowl as a neutral fan, just wanting a good game. All I can say is that Seattle has gotten screwed by the refs pretty bad. There were atleast 4 calls (and there's still 9 minutes left in the 4th) that were momentum turning and just plain wrong. The first was what should have been the first touchdown but they called offensive pass interference, there was a tiny push off but both players caused contact, that would NEVER have been called in the regular season. Another was after Hasselback's interception, they called him for a block below the knees but he was TACKLING THE GUY WITH THE BALL and thus there shouldn't have been the 15 yard penalty. Another bad call was the hold (i forgot on who or when) but again, there was nothing but normal contact. Yet another is when the Steelers defensive end jumped the snap TWICE and neither time it was called (beginning of the 4th quarter).

O well, back to the game. I hope the refs clean up the bad calls, I am not a Seattle fan by any means but if I was I would be even more pissed off.

HITMAN
02-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Steelers WIN! Yeah Baby! Poor Mike Holmgren...NOT! Fat asshole :chair:

Lash
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah..those were some crappy calls.

T-Bag
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I went into the Super Bowl as a neutral fan, just wanting a good game. All I can say is that Seattle has gotten screwed by the refs pretty bad. There were atleast 4 calls (and there's still 9 minutes left in the 4th) that were momentum turning and just plain wrong. The first was what should have been the first touchdown but they called offensive pass interference, there was a tiny push off but both players caused contact, that would NEVER have been called in the regular season. Another was after Hasselback's interception, they called him for a block below the knees but he was TACKLING THE GUY WITH THE BALL and thus there shouldn't have been the 15 yard penalty. Another bad call was the hold (i forgot on who or when) but again, there was nothing but normal contact. Yet another is when the Steelers defensive end jumped the snap TWICE and neither time it was called (beginning of the 4th quarter).

O well, back to the game. I hope the refs clean up the bad calls, I am not a Seattle fan by any means but if I was I would be even more pissed off.

The hold was a choke hold around the neck, if we are talking about the same one. Which in that case, is a penalty. I didn't really see any bad calling this game. The touchdown was sketchy but there was no evidence to go against Ben being in. I didn't see his blocking thing but whatever.

NFL refs have been tightasses all year, and yes all this would have been called in the regular season.

anywho

GO STEELERS

T-Bag
02-05-2006, 09:13 PM
and Bettis just announced his retirement

JC70SS
02-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah Steelers.....thank God baseball season is starting soon :banana1:

Yooformula
02-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow, more crying here than the Colts game which had some REAL bs calls. You wnat injustice, cry about Jerammy Stephens, that guy is TERRIBLE!! How many passes can you drop?? Not even 1 lonely touchdown can make up for that pathetic display and he had the nerve to shoot his mouth off about Jerome Bettis. They couldnt even manage the friggin clock right...come on, you stay in bounds with seconds left instead of going out of bounds?!?! What the hell were they thinking? Too bad Porter never laid into Stephens good enough. Yeah Steelers!!

Cryptic
02-05-2006, 10:59 PM
thank God baseball season is starting soon :banana1:

Ohh god please no.... yuck :chair: :punch:

I agree, seahawks got the shaft on a few calls. But they also took the shaft and gave it to themselves for more in the 2nd half.

Anakonda69
02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
seahawks lost the game for themselves.,...go bus

97z2801ss
02-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Ill agree few bad calls but every game has em..... 2 missed field goals.... crappy time management a reciever who couldnt keep his feet inbounds....dropped passes... you dont deserve to win the biggest game of the year.... they coulda won easily but choked.....I was Neutral for this game to.... glad the bus finally got a superbowl ring

VroomPshhTsi
02-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Ill agree few bad calls but every game has em..... 2 missed field goals.... crappy time management a reciever who couldnt keep his feet inbounds....dropped passes... you dont deserve to win the biggest game of the year.... they coulda won easily but choked.....I was Neutral for this game to.... glad the bus finally got a superbowl ring

Agreed, the refs didn't help but Seattle still screwed themselves over. I'm happy for the Steelers but I wasn't a diehard fan of either team. But now it's the saddest part of the year, no football for about 8 months :crying

LIL EVO
02-06-2006, 01:58 AM
SOME bad calls? :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

srt4eh
02-06-2006, 02:43 PM
The Steelers were awesome....yeah - there were a couple bad calls but look at all the Steelers games where they had tons of bad calls against them. Don't blame the loss on those calls.....seattle sucked it up big time. It's sad to see Jerome go but he had a hell of a career.

dr doom
02-06-2006, 03:21 PM
**** the steelers.....bunch of gayrods..........

Yooformula
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
**** the steelers.....bunch of gayrods..........
:rolleyes: :yawn: :sleep

phast eddie2
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
What games were you guys watching?? These bad calls were critical and momentum changers, and the fact of the matter is Pittsburg didn't look that impressive! and to the guy that spoke on Joey Porter, did his name even get called the whole game?

Yooformula
02-06-2006, 03:51 PM
blah. bad calls or not(there were some bs calls I agree), gotta play through not just hold your head down and whine. joey admitted to not having a great game but at least his dropped passes didnt cost his team potential scores.

phast eddie2
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I agree, BUT, the bad calls were one sided and I wouldn't wanna believe that politics played a part in it with all the bs Jerome Bettis deserves it crap going on, if that's the case there's a long list of players in the league that deserve to win

Anakonda69
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
hey guess what? steelers won game is over no sense in continuing to argue about things you have no control over...

srt4eh
02-06-2006, 05:45 PM
hey guess what? steelers won game is over no sense in continuing to argue about things you have no control over...

well said :banana1: