PDA

View Full Version : This is one great story... 56K look out...

Slow Joe
02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Alright this happened to one of my friends this past weekend... Talk about interesting...

Saturday night my friend Paul was at work, one of his co-workers needed to borrow a car because his was in the shop for some reason, the reason at that point was unknown, but whatever. My friend Paul, whos mom is a lawyer decided, as a joke to get a statement from the kid (aka Rob) saying that if Rob were to damage Paul's Civic that he was responsible for the cost to repair the vehicle. Keep this in mind, this was done as a joke. Rob signs the paper, along with Paul and two other witneses, and this is all caught on camera from the security cameras where they both work. Rob leaves the parking lot with Paul's Civic, which has no body damage, as is seen in all of the footage, etc...

Rob returns with the Civic, walks in, after parking the Civic in a different parking lot and says "ummm Paul, I got into an accident." Paul of course thinks he's joking and says something to the fact of yeah right... Rob then keeps going talking about how serious he is and blah blah blah... So they proceed to go outside and look at Paul's Civic...

Here is the story Rob told that happened....
Rob was driving down the road somewhere in the hood, he accidently hit an Astro van, then an Accord rearended him... Both cars ran, the Astro supposedly chased the Accord thinking that was the car that hit it... Oh and neither car had license plates... That story don't work for me... But you judge for yourself... I found it weird that all the body damage is on one side of the car... I remember from Fox's (loud91rs) neon that when you hit something head on... it F*CKS up the front of the car... Then when something hits you head on it does likewise to the other car and yours... On that car all the body damage is on the passengers side...

Monday Paul goes for Estimates...
Estimate #1: Abra Auto Body: $11,375
Estimate #2 Ernie von Schledorn Body Shop: $11,574
No other shops would even look at the car... Honestly the EVS body shop wouldn't of either if I weren't an EVS empolyee...

The Car: 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe

Rob's grandma said she would cover the cost, but of course Grandma did her homework so we'll see what happens...

The Pictures
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20001.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20002.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20003.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20004.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20005.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20006.jpg
http://www.iellc.com/joe/Pauls%20Civic%20007.jpg

I gotta hear some input from y'all.. Crazy story, but completely true!

Yes, I did edit it, I forgot a key thing, and had to reword something... Ok, I edited it twice becsaue some people say I suck at story telling... lol.. I was told I left a bunch of stuff out... :chair: <- I'm the green guy in that pic... lol

SLONOMA
02-02-2006, 12:18 AM
He's damn lucky he likes playing jokes on people. Thats why I'd never borrow my car to anyone.

Yooformula
02-02-2006, 12:19 AM
I say make the little fugger pay for it all plus extra. Too funny that he made the kid sign a waiver but it looks like his mom taught him right.

Slow Joe
02-02-2006, 12:23 AM
BTW I'm a bad story teller... Just so y'all know...

Slow Joe
02-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh, and I just found out that the kid wants to take it in to another shop tomorrow to get his own estimate... Good luck with that seeing that the 4 other shops Paul went to just said "yeah it's totaled, you can leave now" lol... And I agree with Yoo on this, he should get some extra cash... And from what I understand that's what they're working on...

penji04
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I borrowed a truck to a friend once. I ended up getting it back after it was rolled in the freeway. luckily i was already selling it and we had an agreement if anything happened to it he would pay. He only owed me 1k and i sold the rest for parts on ebay. Sounds like this kid screwed up bad. Hope he has insurance!! :D

twicks69
02-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Hmmm...Had an eagle talon once...

Borrowed it to a guy for one day so he could go to work while his other car was in need of repairs. Got a call the same night saying "so, how much do you want for your car because the motor just blew up."

#1 Piston had a 1"+ hole in it -- overboosted from the person beating on it.

Get the car back, and he agreed to pay for a replacement motor. I pay out of pocket for the motor as he said that he would pay me in full when he got all the money. Never got all the money, and the motor that I recieved was already bad from the get go.

Long story short. Will never help out people that I don't know that well by doing nice things for people. I guess I will just have to become an A-hole like the guy that blew up my motor.

At least there is karma on my side.

Slow Joe
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok, I've let a few people borrow my cars too and never had great experiences with it...
#1 my '95 S10... It was already fallin apart, let a guy borrow it and he pounded it til the torque converter bolts fell out completely...
#2 My Malibu... Let my roommate borrow it, and he backed into a PARKED security guard car where he worked... After beating the car for a week or so, I got it back trans slipping with a dent in the back... Luckily I was trading it in anyways and work at the car dealership so I still got out alright...

No more people borrow my cars unless I've known 'em a while and can trust 'em... Or they're family...

LOL @ EP (penji) though I remember when Debo ****ed up the Toyota... We put that thing on E-Bay... Good stuff... lol...

Oh yeah on Paul's car... The kid supposedly took it to Butler Auto Body, and got an estimate for $4300, but it's not a written estimate or anything so I don't see any validity in that... I'm still waiting to see what's going on...

GTSLOW
02-02-2006, 09:08 PM
With that much damage why not scrap the car and buy another?

Slow Joe
02-02-2006, 09:35 PM
He's going to scrap the car, or part it out or something but he's trying to get like $5000 or $6000 from the guy, since KBB Retail on that car is $4700, and he needs to pay off the remaining $2400 and buy a new car... He's just trying to make sure he don't get screwed over, ya know...

pOrk
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahah!!!

UnderPSI
02-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Hmmm...Had an eagle talon once...
Long story short. Will never help out people that I don't know that well by doing nice things for people. I guess I will just have to become an A-hole like the guy that blew up my motor.

Was that the car that you drove in the winter? I can't stand when people get taken advantage of. It happened to me and I am still getting payback. I am not one to wait for karma but I am sure that will help. Good luck getting that money. Your car was Extreemly impresive the other night. I wanted to race you, but too dangerous with how little traction I had.

twicks69
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Brad -- yeah, it was the winter beater. Karma has already hit him twice, and no -- he said that he will not pay out.

As for Last Friday -- completely understandable -- another place, another time. KOTH. :thumbsup

Junky Giorgio
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
ummm....

Crawlin
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Hahaha,

I will never loan out my "toy" and will never ask to borrow someone else's "toy". Just too much to go wrong.

Found out one of my car's was beaten when a friend was given the opportunity to drive the car. I despise the fact that it even happened and how it just seemed "OK" to the person who did it when they told me. Especially knowing that person wouldn't be able to cover the car's TRUE worth.

Don't borrow somethig you can't afford to replace. I can afford to replace most things, radio/camera/luggage(haha)/motorcycle/etc.. but a car, NEver again will be lent out or borrowed BY me.

95 TA - The Beast
02-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Hahaha,

I will never loan out my "toy" and will never ask to borrow someone else's "toy". Just too much to go wrong.

Found out one of my car's was beaten when a friend was given the opportunity to drive the car. I despise the fact that it even happened and how it just seemed "OK" to the person who did it when they told me. Especially knowing that person wouldn't be able to cover the car's TRUE worth.

Don't borrow somethig you can't afford to replace. I can afford to replace most things, radio/camera/luggage(haha)/motorcycle/etc.. but a car, NEver again will be lent out or borrowed BY me.

I fully agree with you on all counts....

I borrowed mine out for a couple of quick drives, all times to good friends that I trusted, only once did I lack proper judgement and lent it to someone who became 'questionable' later down the road, and I view it that I just got 'lucky' that I got it back in the same condition I lent it out in... But then again, I did bend some rods pretty damn well, so who knows if any damage was done during one of the 'drives'...

Key is I will never again allow anyone else to drive my car without me in it...

Crawlin
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
hahaha, i drove your car once, but i believe you made fun of me for how "sissy" i was driving it. so i know it's not me :)

nismodave
02-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I can count on one hand, how many people I have let drive my car.

In over 6 years.

95 TA - The Beast
02-14-2006, 03:58 PM
hahaha, i drove your car once, but i believe you made fun of me for how "sissy" i was driving it. so i know it's not me :)

Oh, it wasn't you or anyone that is on the board or still in the area...

I will say you were very considerate and quite 'polite' in regards to how you drove.. Considering how I know you *CAN* drive a car was why I couldn't figure out why you drove it with such finesse... But you explained that as well, and again the respect was appreciated...

deciuss
02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
edit... nm i saw that he was going to part it out ect and not fix it (good choice)

RedGSX
02-14-2006, 09:57 PM
....lol

Yeah I don't like people driving/borrowing my cars. I just don't like thinking of what they "could" be doing to it or what could happen, also there's only a few of my friends that would be able to afford to fix it. :rolf

Junky Giorgio
02-14-2006, 10:35 PM
haha i don't like borrowing cars that have boost controlers on them with the boost cranked up and NO boost gauge! :shades

BlownMe
02-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Considering how I know you *CAN* drive a car was why I couldn't figure out why you drove it with such finesse...

Finesse?? Whats that????? :thumbsup

theavenger333
02-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Finesse?? Whats that????? :thumbsup
its a shampoo brand......... dur

Slow Joe
02-15-2006, 02:08 AM
edit... nm i saw that he was going to part it out ect and not fix it (good choice)

Yeah no intentions of fixing it... I contemplated buying it as it sits and kinda bending it back to alright and beating it for a while, but decided not to... He's still going through the paces with the kid to try to get his money out of it... And I'm still waiting for him to finish buying my truck... lol