PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Yooformula
02-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Go to the Superbowl or stay home to see my son born? My wife says go btw, but I am not too sure. She isnt technically due for another week BUT she looks to be going early we just dont know when. Would you take the chance and go or not?

I am a DIEHARD LIFELONG Steeler fan btw.

CruxGNZ
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
You're joking, right?

SlowStee
02-01-2006, 11:35 PM
you know my answer :)

theavenger333
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
u already got 2 kids........... not like you're missing anything...... :)

Yooformula
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Its not that easy though. She may not go into labor then I would be pissed that I missed the game. But then I would be upset if I missed her going into labor too...

Slow Joe
02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
**** it, take her with there are hospitals there... lol :rolf :thumbsup Always an unconventional solution from me... lol :goof

Al
02-02-2006, 01:09 AM
But the Steelers are going to lose!

Rocket Power
02-02-2006, 06:11 AM
That's a hard one. I went to the Iola swap meet for the weekend with about the same time left before my daughter was due, but that's only a couple hours away. Of course she called a couple times and I thought I was going to have to run for the car. :rolf

I say go, she said it was ok :thumbsup

Nix
02-02-2006, 07:59 AM
I would go. How many other chances like this are you going to get in a lifetime? You know how many people would kill to be able to see their favorite team in the superbowl? I know I would. Have a family member record the birth! :thumbsup

In all seriousness I would go to the game. Even if the wife says go, then go man. Dont waste a golden opprotunity.

DirtyMax
02-02-2006, 08:38 AM
See if you can get a relative/friend/whatever to spend the weekend hanging out with your wife non stop just in case something happens. Then you can go to the game and be at ease that she's in good hands.

97z2801ss
02-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Goo Yoo, after this how do you kno the next time the steelers will make it your son will be pissed at you if you didnt go...

Flight_740
02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
You know you'll catch hell if you actually go right? They say go but it's just a test. :rolf

Either way, I wouldnt go. You only get one chance to see your childs birth. It wouldnt even be a question for me, I would be staying home.

jbiscuit
02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't be able to go either....catching hell for the next 4 months is NOT worth it!

DirtyMax
02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
They say go but it's just a test. :rolf

Screw that! You have to call the bluff once in a while or they know they have you by the short and curlys forever... ;)

Flight_740
02-02-2006, 10:17 AM
By the way.......................

GO STEELERS!!!

Crawlin
02-02-2006, 10:18 AM
See, I'm with that for "th test" answer...

but what 4EYED just said, that's totally true. But knowing your wife, you guys got a good honest relationship from what I can tell, so if she says something, she probably knows that everything will be fine and that you won't be missing anything

ps - if you time it right, you could go and make it back. Detroit is what... maybe 7-8 hours away. If she goes into the hospital, you can hop in the car and GO.

Let's think this out, you flying and renting or driving?

Yooformula
02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
She is dead serious about me going. She just got back from the doctor and even he couldnt tell when she would be due. He said anytime this week or next week. I can have my sister and brother in laws here but I dont want to miss it. I was there for the last 2 and I would really want to see this. If I knew for sure she was going into labor, I wouldnt go but its the not knowing part that is killing me.

Pantera99GS
02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Go to the game- you can always have another kid :).

Actually that IS one hell of a dilemma...but I'd probably stay home with my wife.

Yooformula
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
See, I'm with that for "th test" answer...

but what 4EYED just said, that's totally true. But knowing your wife, you guys got a good honest relationship from what I can tell, so if she says something, she probably knows that everything will be fine and that you won't be missing anything

Exactly, Debbie doesnt say sh|t she doesnt mean. We dont play those kinds of games.

GRNDNL
02-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Jeezz, Don't be a Tool..... :rolleyes:

When he/she gets older you can always hold it over there head.....

Teufelhunden
02-02-2006, 12:50 PM
This is easy even if it was my team, I'd stay home. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. There's a part of her that wants you to stay no matter what she says.

Corvette Jabo
02-02-2006, 01:10 PM
1) There is going to be a Superbowl next year right?

2) Like you really want to miss his true Birthday?

3) Daddy......where is the picture of you holding me in the hospital?

4) This kid may be taking care of you some day and changing your Depends!

Yooformula
02-02-2006, 01:19 PM
1) There is going to be a Superbowl next year right?
2) Like you really want to miss his true Birthday?

1. The tickets are in hand. Not too often I will ever be able to afford the luxury of going to a game like this.

2.He may not even be born until next week. The official due date was the 13th.

3.You guys suck!

DirtyMax
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm gonna be the guy over your other shoulder..... :D

You gotta go, meng.

Just make sure your wife takes it easy and lays around all weekend, if possible. Staying relatively inactive should prolong her pregnancy. If she's not feeling any type of cramps, discomfort, or anything else yet, she should be able to last 4 more days.

And if not, one of the whiz kids here can Photoshop you holding the baby shortly after birth. :devil

Seriously... as long as you have her blessing and it's sincere (which you feel confident it is and nobody would know better) then there's no reason not to go see The Bus go out on top!!

SlowStee
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
1. The tickets are in hand. Not too often I will ever be able to afford the luxury of going to a game like this.

2.He may not even be born until next week. The official due date was the 13th.

3.You guys suck!
"my dad was at some football game when I was born...wow :durr "

DirtyMax
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
"my dad was at some football game when I was born...wow :durr "

Or....

"My dad missed the opportunity of a lifetime in case I was born and I didn't even pop out until a week later"

Just playing Devil's Advocate. :devil

Unless Yoo wants to give me the tickets. Until then I support his going to the game!

pOrk
02-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I really dont see this as a hard decision.

Your kid is only born once, I could only imagine the feeling. Yah, you have had two other kids. You know how kids are, once they get the leak that you werent there for your third born that is ammo to use for the rest of his / her life from the other two siblings. Guarenteed.

And anyways, I bet those tickets will bring some bucks on egay

USMARINE1108
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Man, I'd stay here for that. If it was me and went, I'd feel like **** the whole time if your kid was born while you're gone. Just what I think.

Yooformula
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Well I can put this to rest now. She has been having contractions all night so I know he'll be out before Sunday so I will be waiting home for this....now I just hope hes out before Saturday, then I can still make the drive out there :durr :goof

Prince Valiant
02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
heh....my dilema was either go to the superbowl (7 of us were heading out) or go to my grandmothers funeral (she had been very ill and died shortly after I visited her)...so I'm in FL for the funeral. Hell, now I won't even get to listen to the game as i'll be on an airplane while it's going down.

BadAzzGTA89
02-04-2006, 12:53 AM
You can never have an instant replay of of your own creation coming into the world and being able to cut the cord!!!
Just my 2cents but never would this become a second thought!!!!

Yooformula
02-04-2006, 01:07 AM
You can never have an instant replay of of your own creation coming into the world and being able to cut the cord!!!
Just my 2cents but never would this become a second thought!!!!

Its too easy for everyone else to pass judgement about it BUT she is no closer now to giving birth than when the docs told us early in the week. The question is would you take the gamble? Its not like I am thinking about skipping our scheduled delivery date. :confused :rolleyes: :crying I've cut the cord twice already I know whats at stake but do you take the chance and leave hoping she doesnt go into labor or do you wait what could be a long wait??? :(

BadAzzGTA89
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Some things we don't "gamble on!!
Game's are just that!!

SlowStee
02-04-2006, 01:48 AM
you should have titled the poll different Yoo ;)

Cleveland Dave
02-06-2006, 09:22 AM
so did you go?

97z2801ss
02-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes, wondering the same thing or is the wife in labor?

Yooformula
02-06-2006, 10:27 AM
We just got home from the hospital. She didnt go into labor but she had some severe complications that started yesterday morning so I ended up watching highlights last night and listening on am radio for a bit. Still no baby yet.

Pantera99GS
02-06-2006, 12:19 PM
We just got home from the hospital. She didnt go into labor but she had some severe complications that started yesterday morning so I ended up watching highlights last night and listening on am radio for a bit. Still no baby yet.

Severe complications?! Is she ok- relatively speaking of course?!

Teufelhunden
02-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Hoping all is going well.

pOrk
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Hope shes okay, you didnt miss much more then some bullshit calls and Holmgren crying like a baby