PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged XR-7 on craiglist $400

d0nut
02-01-2006, 08:40 AM
90 merc cougar xr-7, 5 spd, 3.8 supercharged - $400
Reply to: sale-130240150@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-01-31, 10:11PM CST

i have a 90 merc 3.8 supercharged 5 speed. black with black leather interior, every option, decent condition. i recently did a head gasket job on the vehicle. all gaskets were replaced, heads were machined and tested, new plugs and wires, new brake fluid resevior. the car drove for about 400 miles, then the injectors started to pop out of the intake manifold, by this time i was tierd of working on the car so i took it to a local shop and had them put new o- rings on the injectors. The shop that worked on the car put their lift on the rocker pannel and crunched one of the back brake lines, so there is a leak. also they burned out the starter trying to get it started, so it needs a new starter. also it doesnt like to idle. it ran fine for the 400 miles and now it has more problems after we took it to the shop. we have a list of possible sensors that maybe causing rough idle. it only does it sometimes, sometimes it will idle fine, sometimes it will just die. if you are a mechanic this would be a cheap and easy fix. i belive that it is a faulty 02 sensor that is giving the vehicle a rough idle. the starter is easy to get to, and the brake line would be easy. like i said alot of the parts are new, and it has every option. rear wheel possy trac. 4 extra rims and tires. tinted windows, cd player. leather bucket seats, ride controll. i just want it gone, 400$ obo, or its going to the junk yard.

thank you

Located in West Bend

number1
02-01-2006, 09:32 AM
where is it located?

d0nut
02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Damn, somehow I didn't copy that part.

It is in West Bend.

I'll edit.......

junk mx6 no rly
02-01-2006, 02:08 PM
anypics?

d0nut
02-01-2006, 02:59 PM
It's not my car, e mail the person list in the ad. I just copy them and post em as a public service.