PDA

View Full Version : How to speed up computer...

Crawlin
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
alright, the nazi's here at work decided to switch some things around for the computers. so whatever they did, messed a TON of things up. it's just rediculous. so now everything is like 10x's slower. these guys are idiots in my opinion. but anyways, now when i go to play a video, everything is all jumpy. it only goes a couple seconds at a time and takes forever to load. It's not even like it's jumpy and then once played i can go back and have clean play, it's ALWAYS just crap.

So what ways are there to solve this?

I've already done a disk clean up, i've alredy gone through and deleted all the unnecessary crap, i've already defragged the computer, etc...

theavenger333
01-30-2006, 10:01 PM
unless we know what the nazis did, hard to suggest things

wikked
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I had mine running perfect at work until they installed a huge number of new policy's, now it runs like ass... can't do anything about policy's :(

Crawlin
01-31-2006, 09:00 AM
i think from my understanding that they switched everything to a shared file server(or something like that). I think instead of the programs being on my computer, they were relocated to a main file server that it has to access to run the programs.

does that make sense?

GRNDNL
01-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Poor Chris.......It appears that everything in your life is slooooooow.....Think you'd be use to it by now......... :chair:

Crawlin
01-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Who went quicker this year? Oh yeah, that's right.... :)

GRNDNL
01-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Who went quicker this year? Oh yeah, that's right.... :)

Well....I went 10.7 something at only 118 at the Grove in the spring..... :confused

You going to have something for me this year or will it be all talk like it has been every other year?..... :shades

theavenger333
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
i think from my understanding that they switched everything to a shared file server(or something like that). I think instead of the programs being on my computer, they were relocated to a main file server that it has to access to run the programs.

does that make sense?
yes that does make sense, but it shouldn't realy slow down your computer a ton. maybe if everyone is constantly using the same programs you are, yes, but otherwise you're pretty much SOL chris.

Crawlin
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
damn... cause it's only for when i'm trying to view my video's in windows media player

Crawlin
01-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Well....I went 10.7 something at only 118 at the Grove in the spring..... :confused

You going to have something for me this year or will it be all talk like it has been every other year?..... :shades

that's nice, but **** anyone can slam on the brakes and hit a slow mph. Hell i went 11.9 @ 84mph once

I think it'll be just like every other year. I'm scared of the big bad black box you call a buick. :banana1:

wikked
01-31-2006, 10:39 AM

does that make sense?

That'll slow the programs down in general, because they're now basically 'web-based' whereas before you wouldn't even need to be connected to run them.
Don't know why WMP would slow down though, unless you're running a bunch of other progs. at the same time?

Crawlin
01-31-2006, 11:06 AM
nope, that much i know to close everything down.

A B4C Z
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Ya the computers in parts crash at least 6 times a day and they have to restart them it sucks when your trying to get parts.