PDA

View Full Version : Why is it....

Rocket Power
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
That gas goes up 20 cents at a crack and comes down at 2 cents each time. :fire

WTF gas was 2.26 last night and 2.49 today. Did I miss a hurricane?

Everytime it creeps down near $2 it suddenly has to shoot up 20. A-holes! :flipoff2:

d0nut
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Hmmnn... I think that a goat may have died near a well in the Sudan and that caused an increase in the cost of crude oil of aprox .000002 per barrell. That equates to increased costs of refining the crude into low grade camel piss 87 octane reformulated at Speedway. Sadly when things like this happen the oil companies are the ones that take the big hit for it. I'm sure Exxon has lost all kinds of money.........

Another thing I am sick of hearing from gas stations: "We don't make any money on selling gas!" Why do you do it then? If I wasn't making money I would stop doing it. Very simple business plan........

purpl72olds
01-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Yea and did anyone see that exxonmobil had a new record high profits reported on the news today ? WTF !@$!$#$#%@$^ Sorry, just venting a little

ThatWhiteCivic
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't understand....It's a bunch of BS :flipoff2: .... Now adays a new record high in profits is not enough

Firefighter Z
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
They need more money to buy more goats....LOL

What ever happend to drilling in Alaska to bring fuel prices lower for the states?

pOrk
01-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I drained out the tank on my 62 caddy and filled up my impala tonight

<-- Cheap ass

Al
01-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Another thing I am sick of hearing from gas stations: "We don't make any money on selling gas!" Why do you do it then? If I wasn't making money I would stop doing it. Very simple business plan........

I worked in a gas station. They make most of their money from selling gas.

Firefighter Z
01-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Yes thats very true.. My Grandfather owned a gas station up until last year and he told me that most of the money making came from selling gas. All the snacks and sodas etc didnt compare to how much he made off of selling gas.

Slow Joe
01-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Ok, good I wasn't going insane when I paid 2.29/gal here in the falls at 7pm yesterday and noticed around 10 that all the stations said 2.49/gal for regular... Bastards...

jbiscuit
01-31-2006, 07:21 AM
yep, no reason for the 20 cent hike that I can see....total BS!

Firefighter Z
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
2.27 at Pilot and the Flying J truck stops on Ryan road. Just filled the Camaro up.
Get it now! or you can pay the 2.39 that Shell is selling it for.

Silver03SRT
01-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Gas prices are rediculous. I noticed that too. Gas would come down real slow then all of a sudden 20 cents higher for no reason. I guess its just a way to make money. I think I am going to buy a gas station.

DirtyMax
01-31-2006, 01:31 PM
You guys really need to lay off these poor oil companies. It's apparent they are just barely keeping their heads above water and keeping the prices as low as they can with the consumer (us) in mind... :goof

Exxon Mobil posts Q4 profit of US$10.71B, record for any U.S. company
IRVING, Tex. (AP) - Exxon Mobil Corp. on Monday posted a record profit for a U.S. company of $10.71 billion US in the fourth quarter, as the world's biggest publicly traded oil company benefited from high oil and gas prices and demand for refined products.

The company's earnings amounted to $1.71 per share, up from $8.42 billion, or $1.30 per share, in the year ago quarter. The result topped the then-record quarterly profit of $9.92 billion Exxon posted in the 2005 third quarter.

The recent quarter included a $390-million gain related to a litigation settlement. Excluding special items, earnings were $10.32 billion, or $1.65 per share. The result topped Wall Street's expectations.

d0nut
01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I bet you every other light is shut off in thier office buildings!

Did anyone ever read about the gas in Iraq? The US gov imports it from Jordan (or someplace) for like $1.50 a gal (transport costs added to the cost) then they sell it to the Iraqi people for like 25 cents a gal. Just to help the economy there........

They need to drop a bomb over there and we can pump oil wearing radioactive suits.

You guys really need to lay off these poor oil companies. It's apparent they are just barely keeping their heads above water and keeping the prices as low as they can with the consumer (us) in mind... :goof

Exxon Mobil posts Q4 profit of US$10.71B, record for any U.S. company
IRVING, Tex. (AP) - Exxon Mobil Corp. on Monday posted a record profit for a U.S. company of $10.71 billion US in the fourth quarter, as the world's biggest publicly traded oil company benefited from high oil and gas prices and demand for refined products.

The company's earnings amounted to $1.71 per share, up from $8.42 billion, or $1.30 per share, in the year ago quarter. The result topped the then-record quarterly profit of $9.92 billion Exxon posted in the 2005 third quarter.

The recent quarter included a $390-million gain related to a litigation settlement. Excluding special items, earnings were $10.32 billion, or $1.65 per share. The result topped Wall Street's expectations.

Firefighter Z
01-31-2006, 01:45 PM
H3ll I think Im going to move to Iraq. It would just be like living on the Northside of Milwaukee.

97z2801ss
01-31-2006, 02:00 PM
I dunno about that
shell was 2.39 today
need gas ya need gas.....

I think the govt would save drilling in alaska till we really need it