PDA

View Full Version : Need 2004 Tax info asap....

rally_scort
01-29-2006, 02:06 AM
I filed through e-file but they rejected it because i dont have my gross income for 2004 and i seemed to have misplaced it...is there a way to get this info for free...i tried searching but itll cost me anywhere from $20-30 and i hope theres a free way to find this out...i filed on my own last year by mail so i dont have the records on any website or anything...please help...i need my returns bad....

EvolvedRegal
01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
You didn't keep your old files??? If you went thorugh e-file they usually only ask you for the past years records if your income jumped a substantial amount. Or you can always call up the WI IRS office.

rally_scort
01-29-2006, 10:26 PM
yeah my income almost doubled since last year since i went full time....i know i shoulda kept better records but its too late know to kick myself about it...i looked on the irs website and itll cost me $39 bucks and takes 60 calender days to recieve a copy of the returns from last year...

Silver03SRT
01-30-2006, 01:14 PM
just take a guess prison isnt that bad.

tbarsch
02-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Here is what my copy of Turbo tax says...
"If you just need information from your return, you can order a return transcript by calling 1-800-829-1040. or using Form 4506-T. There is no fee for a transcript. Most requests will be processed within 10 business days."

ThatWhiteCivic
02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Turbo tax is great this is my second year with them and everything went smooth the first time

rally_scort
02-08-2006, 08:16 AM
yeah i did the online tax cut on hr block and my federal got accepted more than a week ago and now it says that the state filing is not avaliable at this time.Has anybody else had this problem and what did u do to get it to work.Ive been trying to efile it for more than a week now and im gettin pissed off.H and R wont do **** about it and keep giving me a run around and tellin me to call numbers but then i play the waiting game on hold when i call then i get disconected.

wikked
02-08-2006, 11:25 AM
weird... i used turbotax the first week of Jan., and they said state wasn't available until Jan. 15th. Should be plenty ready by now.

mrz28M6
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
ok heres what i did because i was in the same situation. i called the state of WI IRS via the # in the phone book, they then transferred me to a couple of different people and then the lady told me my gross income from 2004. i also did my federal for free from turbo tax since i made under 35g's. i did my state through the WI IRS website and received the check in 5 days!!

rally_scort
02-08-2006, 05:11 PM
yeah i used the hr block tax cut for the both of em but one wasnt filed yet so im wondering if i can just file it somewhere else and not get charged since i didnt file through them...anybody know if this will work.I got the federal done but the state aint workin so let me know if you know...thanks