PDA

View Full Version : any well fargo mortgage payers???

cheap80Z28
01-29-2006, 12:16 AM
wells fargo f'd up a few people that I work with by not paying our escro for taxes to the city by the end of the year. never told any of us till after a few unkind calls to them and a few letters from city of milw. tax collections. at first they wouldn't even admit to it, they insisted they paid on dec 29th and the city said they didn't recieve them until jan 20th.

just wanted to see how many others got the royal screw job.

steve

Cryptic
01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
that's alot of horsing around to prove you did pay escrow all year to the county.

cheap80Z28
01-29-2006, 12:04 PM
just found out that my neighbor had the same problem. so the taxes weren't late just that they were suppost to pay by the end of dec. so maybe a breach of contract??
if nothing else we can claim twice for 2006.

steve

Yooformula
01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Damm, is there something in your contract that they violated positively?

ProjectCamaro
01-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Damm, is there something in your contract that they violated positively?

Pull out your papers and carefully read them over. I use to be a loan officer and I've noticed a couple things. One, they'll lie to you to get you to sign the papers, so they might have told you they escrow but dont. Two, they might have just messed up and were careless. If this is the case and they didn't hold up their end of the deal the contract is null and void and if you get a lawyer you can own your house free a clear(you'll be suprised of all the laws that allow you to not have to pay back your mortgage. There should really be classes to teach people about these).

cheap80Z28
01-30-2006, 01:56 AM
well according to another letter they sent me, it gives the options 1) of them paying the city taxes by dec 31st, 2) them sending me a check and then I pay, 3) they pay in jan, or a 4th option of them paying the city in installments. and if we don't give them our choice it defaults to the option of "them paying directly to the local taxing authority by dec 31st of each year".

steve