PDA

View Full Version : Why thed hell do I need a bs savers card for groceries??

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
That is the biggest load of crap. So if I dont join your stupid club or have my card on me, I cant get the lowest price? Why not just have the lowest price period. If you want people to come back, then just make your prices lower than the next guy. The useless gimics suck! I have had a price plus card for years but today I forgot mine and the lady gave me a look when I told her I didnt have it on me. Excuse me for not bringing that stupid card just to get the lowest price that should be there already. It just ghey that the advertised price is ONLY if you are a club member. The price we pay for convenience :flipoff2: Pick n Stupid.

Useless rant off:chair:

Cryptic
01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Pick N save just got burned with a $40,000 fine for not having 98% or better price scanner accurancy

animal
01-25-2006, 07:50 PM
To make matters worse yoo.... I read that they've made it a store policy not to have an extra card at the register in case a customer forgets theirs. What a load of crap.

I wish I could just not go to grocery stores altogether, but it'd kinda be a pain in the ass, and I don't like those online grocery things either.

Slow Joe
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Sentry don't need a super saver or w/e card anymore... I went to give them mine and they were like "yeah we don't use those anymore" I was just like... hrmmm that's cool... lol, yeah pick n save sucks that way... My mom works at one... lol, she agrees they suck... lol

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Looks like I will have to go out of my way to find a Sentry.

fireguyrick
01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Never had an Issue with P&S not giving me a discount when I do not have my card. Oh well.

Rick

supra213
01-25-2006, 08:30 PM
One of the clerks at Pick n Save gave me some info on the card. ALMOST any card with a bar code on it will give you the discount. Something about the scanner only checking to see if there is are enough numbers on the card. Saved me some money on new years eve.

UnderPSI
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Just went to P&S to day. I have the little key chain card. That way I never forget to bring it. On the reciept it said so far I saved $253 since I started using it.

nismodave
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Pick and Save will no longer give you store card to use for savings.

F'n BS!!!

y2kws6
01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Ok the manager function in me comes out. They would like the card used so they can monitor what you by vs. what you stated your income and household consist of. This way they can look at what type of coupons you used and what you didn't use. I really end up only going to Pick'n Save and currently saved over $630 to date from them and have way more than that saved in coupons. Average savings for sale is around $70-$90 per $200 bill.

Dan

HITMAN
01-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok the manager function in me comes out. They would like the card used so they can monitor what you by vs. what you stated your income and household consist of. This way they can look at what type of coupons you used and what you didn't use. I really end up only going to Pick'n Save and currently saved over $630 to date from them and have way more than that saved in coupons. Average savings for sale is around $70-$90 per $200 bill.

Dan

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I don't know about the Roundy's owned stores, but the independently owned P&S out by me has cards by the register to scan in case you don't have yours with. On a couple of occasions they went ahead and scanned the register card and never even asked me for mine.

As for Sentry, Yoo, I don't know if you still live up near the Rock, but if you do there is one the West side of HWY 100 in Hales Corners, just south of Grange.

wikked
01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
$225.92 savings to date, yay.
But yea, it's all just tracking to see what demographic/zip code buys what products.
Kind of like cookies on your 'puter.

88camaro
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Ok Just to give you guy/gals way around this. If you have you stuff and "forgot" your card just tell them that you don’t want your grocery. They should get the manger on duty and they have a store card. They started b/c so many people were upset and not buying grocery. Also there are 2 different pick n' save corporate (Roundy’s) and private (which wont be long). One reason we keep our saver card is that it let choose the charity that you want to give. Which it helps the little ones out a lot. I think sentry only does like the top 10 or something. This all come from a front-end manger at a pick n' save. Also please call 1866 pic n sav :devil oooo I love to get Roundy’s in trouble.
If you guys/gals bitc-h enough you will almost get your way

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a card but forgot it. The manager side of me says that you please the guest no matter what. My point is simply, why does anyone need to carry a bogus card just to get the best savings. I brought the wrong set of keys and told the cashier that. I dont expect her to use the house card I am just miffed about having to use a card just to get the best deal.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
As for Sentry, Yoo, I don't know if you still live up near the Rock, but if you do there is one the West side of HWY 100 in Hales Corners, just south of Grange.

We bought a house on the nw side of milw and the closest supermarket is PS at the new menards station on 76th.

88camaro
01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I have a card but forgot it. The manager side of me says that you please the guest no matter what. My point is simply, why does anyone need to carry a bogus card just to get the best savings. I brought the wrong set of keys and told the cashier that. I dont expect her to use the house card I am just miffed about having to use a card just to get the best deal.

I know but if you say that you don’t want your grocery they should use the house card. The cashier or csr can’t even use there. Roundy’s’ said will firer any one using their. Oh I hate Roundy’s. My store use to be private pick n' save it was good until Roundy’s. It was ok at first now it sucks. Hard to please the customer went they said that they will firer us or really cut the hours we have. My store was really good at not having people wait in lines but not any more. And they wonder why sells are down b/c they have bs rule and stuff. Also to the private store don’t sell out Roundy’s treats the customer's bad and also the employees. Sorry for the rant but Roundy’s just sucks and I just had to get that out.

Oh some of the other store cards will work (sentry for sure). If you get the right cashier they might do it.

Firefighter Z
01-25-2006, 10:46 PM
That reminds me... I went to P&S the other day and got a load of items. Get to the check out and fill up the whole conveor belt and waited for the lady to check me out. Before she does so she asks if I had my card? Looked in my wallet, nope I forgot it can you use yours?
No we cant do that. Why? No response from her.
I said forget it I dont want it and good luck and just walked out, but the look on her face was pricless, a shiat load of items on the belt and a line behind me and only four checkout lanes open, that was a Kodak moment. May I remind you this was at a mega mart in O.C.

I hate them cards and. I hate PS, at least there's a Sentry on 76th and Rawson in Franklin.

theavenger333
01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
yoosef sucks....... the manager function or "house card" has ben disabled, like 88 camaro says. the reasoning of a bonus card is more frequently customers will come back. no buisness in their right mind just flat out gives you the lowest price possible. otherwise coupons would not be possible. Same deal as if i take a coupon to BW3s, why shouldn't you give me the price all the time? the bonus card works as a permanent coupon. they are free to get, and all it takes is about 10 minutes, if you write really slow....... bring the proper keys next time..... or better yet, go to the Pick, ask for a new card set, you now get 2 keychains, one card.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 11:13 PM
You have to go food shopping thats a given. If everyone that walks into your place gets a card for FREE then why not just make the price cheaper for everyone anyway. The frequency cards at other places require you to purchase something, therefore more pruchases give you more discounts.

You suck Steve.

theavenger333
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
the more you buy on that savings card, you eventually do earn more back, like coupons, and there are also random saving plugged into each account, so you get some pricing differences on occasion. i rule

ThatWhiteCivic
01-25-2006, 11:39 PM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-25-2006, 11:39 PM
It looks like it's been sitting in somebody's closet for years.

Slow Joe
01-25-2006, 11:41 PM
:confused

ThatWhiteCivic
01-25-2006, 11:42 PM
ahh
a;hha
ahh

ThatWhiteCivic
01-25-2006, 11:44 PM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM

Firefighter Z
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Ummmm.....................

What the h3ll did you just say?

Go to bed :)

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:02 AM

Slow Joe
01-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe I'd understand what you're trying to say if I drove a Civic... :rolf

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:04 AM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:04 AM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:07 AM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Watch for the Green Tailgate on the Gray Civic

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:09 AM

ThatWhiteCivic
01-26-2006, 12:10 AM

Yooformula
01-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Time out for you.

Slow Joe
01-26-2006, 12:31 AM
I was waiting for that...

animal
01-26-2006, 07:21 AM
...And people wonder why I use it so frequently. :mad: :fire :flipoff2:

http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/hahabitch.jpg

WilliamZ
01-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Ok... Last time I went to P&S I asked to use the store card and they said they don't do that anymore. That motivated me to put my keychain card on the keychain I currently use. There are 3 P&S's within a 3 mile radius of my house. I should just go to Grasch's or Sendik's.

jbiscuit
01-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Jewel is my favorite. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I will shop at Pic N Slave if I have to but I would rather drive past a PNS and go to Jewel instead. Much nicer deli, better deals etc

animal
01-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I like the keychain card, except for the fact they're unlike any of the keys, they don't sit or flow right on the ring, and that gay ass ring they give you just falls off. I've lost countless numbers of those things.. I'm just about ready to stop and get one of those cards and toss it on the way out of the store.

DirtyMax
01-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Last time I went to the Pick n Save at Pabst Farms, I forgot the half of my keyring with the stupidass saver card in the truck. When I get to the register, I realize I forgot it and ask the checkout clerk if she had a card I could use because I left mine outside. She says "house cards are no longer our policy". So I look at the lady behind me holding hers in her hand (who just heard this whole interaction) and she looked at me like the world would end if she scanned her card for my groceries. :rolleyes: I proceeded to tell the clerk that mine was out in my truck and she gave me the look like "And....?". So being the azzhole I can be, I made the clerk, the beyotch behind me who wouldn't offer up her card, and everyone else behind her wait while I went out to my truck (taking me sweet time mind you) to get my other keychain. To make it worse (for all of them.. I had nowhere to be), I think the card savings on that trip was like $.48 or something :devil

animal
01-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I would've just said, "Well it's no longer my policy to put back my groceries when I don't want them"

Nix
01-26-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah pick n save sucks that way... My mom works at one... lol, she agrees they suck... lol

Ill tell you right now, it all depends on what pick n save you go to. If you go to a corprate one you are going to get worse treatment. Pick n save corp has been buying out all the independent picks lately and I believe there are only about 15-16 independent picks left. Roundys is pulling some huge bs right now. I know an owner of 6 independant picks and Roundys has been all over him for some time now but lately its been getting really bad. Stay away from their corprate stores and you will be fine and dandy. :thumbsup

88camaro
01-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Ill tell you right now, it all depends on what pick n save you go to. If you go to a corprate one you are going to get worse treatment. Pick n save corp has been buying out all the independent picks lately and I believe there are only about 15-16 independent picks left. Roundys is pulling some huge bs right now. I know an owner of 6 independant picks and Roundys has been all over him for some time now but lately its been getting really bad. Stay away from their corprate stores and you will be fine and dandy. :thumbsup

that is soo true.

So I look at the lady behind me holding hers in her hand (who just heard this whole interaction) and she looked at me like the world would end if she scanned her card for my groceries.

At my store we let people use other people cards all the time. At my store we really dont care about what Roundys has to say. We just want to make the poeple happy.

Robs_b20b
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
:goof

Robs_b20b
01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
:headbang

theavenger333
01-26-2006, 12:43 PM
unfortunatly, i do work at a corporate store, THE corporate store, Metro Market. its pretty weak

animal
01-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry this is ThatGrayCivic... That was posted by my dumbass friend last night thinking he was funny I apoligize on his behalf :goof

I'm not sure why you thought that was in reaction to your posting. You were already on the ignore list... as is this second id.... which is against the rules btw.