both for 07

0TransAm0
01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Either way I think its great.
x2
the more compatition the better

Al
01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
NASCAR needs to allow for IRS and to do a race at RA.

awsomeears
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Just the body ?

What kind of motor ?

Yooformula
01-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh great, amercian past time getting overrun with imports. Looks cool but Nascar was founded by a bunch of good ole boys, should stay that way. They have no tradition in Nascar. Solely my opinion, care to judge or flame me....bite me.

Ricky Bobby
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
i agree with yoo, stay in trucks i hope they get stomped so bad they give up dont care whos drivin

ffvetteman
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh great, amercian past time getting overrun with imports. Looks cool but Nascar was founded by a bunch of good ole boys, should stay that way. They have no tradition in Nascar. Solely my opinion, care to judge or flame me....bite me.

Im all for competition and have nothing against Toyota, and I agree with you, but NASCAR has been dead for years. It was in the past STOCK cars (50s- 60s etc) not this cookie cutter crap these "cars" are now. They share nothing with their production counter parts now except for the stickers they have for headlights that look like the production cars.

Having said that, I got no problem with Toyota getting in on it. Its just going to be another hand fabricated car that will have to follow the specs of NASCAR standards and not any real car.

NASCAR is not whast it was and should be. And since it was killed years ago, I say who cares. I'l be watching the ALMS series.

nismodave
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Well, you are entitled to your Opinion. And Im not Judging you or flaming.

But Toyota has had a RICH racing tradition in America. They also have payed their dues in NASCAR trucks and done very well. I think it would be discrimitory to not allow a car company compete in a certian racing series because they are not based in the home country of the series.

As for it being Good ole boys. Those days are somehwhat gone with drivers coming from Cali to New York.

nismodave
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
i agree with yoo, stay in trucks i hope they get stomped so bad they give up dont care whos drivin

Not likely, Toyota has a tendency to do very well in any motorsport they compete in, after a few years.

theavenger333
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
agreed, Nascar has sucked for years, only Diehards have been watching it. no growth...... besides, if Toyota whoops them, then it should mean that the Big 3 need to get their asses in gear and design somethin better. healthy competiton could bring nascar back

Al
01-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Hasn't Toyota been making Chevrolet's NASCAR engine blocks for the past decade?

awsomeears
01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Hasn't Toyota been making Chevrolet's NASCAR engine blocks for the past decade?

Yep

http://www.oldengine.org/members/murphy/Briggs%20WI4.JPG

97z2801ss
01-24-2006, 11:56 AM

Ill agree with yoo hear..

DirtyMax
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
To try and have parity, the noses are pretty much all going to be the same shape, cut from the same mold. The decals will determine what kind of car the teams "want it to be". Take this "Camry"... Without the decals, it sure would looks like the Nascar Monte Carlo or Taurus.

Waiting for the 08' Intro of the Nascar Kia Sephia.

Flight_740
01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I have been hearing rumors that Michael Waltrip will either drive a toyota or run the team.

Nix
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
NASCAR= :puke

I just never cared for it and probably never will. Just my stupid not needed in this thread opnion.

TurboAWD2.0
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
I've tried to watch more than a lap of NASCAR... Just no fun in it for me. So for all it's worth, good luck to Toyota. I hope they kick ass.

:D I can't bring myself to post the "BORING" logo.

97z2801ss
01-25-2006, 10:22 AM
3 teams
6 cars
Micheal waltrip and Bill davis are 2 of the owners
Mikie is gnna be one of the drivers aswell
Toyota wont announce anything till after the season

wikked
01-25-2006, 10:44 AM

I'd expect that kind of reply from someone with a gun rack & rebel flag on their truck :goof

Camry has been the best selling car in America for how many years now?
They've had record breaking profits for years and are expanding & creating thousands of new jobs in America, while GM/Ford are downsizing & firing thousands.

I'd say they've earned the right.
I'm actually surprised they've gotten away with it for this long.

oh, and baseball is America's pasttime, and there's plenty of 'imports' in
there ;)

oh part 2, 90% of the people only watch it for the multi-car pileups :D

Flight_740
01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
I'd expect that kind of reply from someone with a gun rack & rebel flag on their truck :goof

They've had record breaking profits for years and are expanding & creating thousands of new jobs in America, while GM/Ford are downsizing & firing thousands.

oh, and baseball is America's pasttime, and there's plenty of 'imports' in there ;)

Right on :thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I WISH THEM LUCK AS WELL. Its going to be rough cuz you sure can bet that if a web forum isn't welcoming them, neither will anyone else. Thats OK though. I hope they do well. They will struggle at first I'm sure as its all new to them but they have a lot of financial backing to promote the team, the car etc...so if they are willing to invest in the team, they will do OK. The days of the Good Ole Boys is a stereotype that I didn't think people wanted even associated with the series anymore?

Where I work, we work very closely with a racing team doing some various marketing materials and I can tell you that Toyota has ruffled some feathers with their announcing of the car and their intent to compete. It is not well received at this point.

I think it might promote new fans and get more people to fill the stands. People that don't worship GM, Ford and Chrysler. It might be a good thing! Not to mention, competition is good in a motorsports venue. The more competition the better!

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I wasnt referring to who sells the most cars I was referring to their history. Its always about Ford vs Chevy and sometime Dodge, amercian cars thats what Nascar was founded upon. I dont know of any Nascar fans that really follow the truck series so to see a toyota run in the truck series is no big deal, its hit or miss there. I am not a big fan of all of the corp manipulation that has gone on but what are you gonna do. I am just waiting for Honda or Kia to step up with enough money now to BUY into Nascar, thats what bugs me. Has nothing to do with competition as the bodies will all follow the same guidelines, the motors will basically be similar so it'll be driver and chasis setups. They are only trying to get more ad time,its all about money and not the tradition that founded nascar.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I know, cause you must know me. :rolleyes:

So has the civic and minivan, so what! It should have nothing to do with sales. :durr so can kia buy in as well because they sell alot too??

Its called restructuring, something the big 3 should have done years ago. they are making the plants they do want more efficient. People will always lose jobs in business, part of life. I am sure the japs did their share of downsizing while growing either that or they work their employees to death to make their goals.

How did they earn a right? Again because of their long money reach? :rolleyes:

I am surprised there are no blacks or asians in nascar not what car manufacturer with money can buy into it. that is surprising. :confused

oh, and baseball is America's pasttime, and there's plenty of 'imports' in there ;)
Yeah and thats a fuggin joke too. You live in this country, make your millions here, barely stepp foot in your country but now you gotta THINK about what country you will represent in the world's eye. Gee thanks for your support of the country that made your career and fuggin name a household name. next time stay in your 3rd world slum.

oh part 2, 90% of the people only watch it for the multi-car pileups :D
You havent been to a race have you??? ;)

wikked
01-25-2006, 11:52 AM
I know, cause you must know me. :rolleyes:

heh ugh, those weren't directed at you directly (huh?) :P
I meant from someone like that , not you.

I used to go to Nascar/IRL at the Mile, and yea, it was pretty boring until someone wiped out.
Then again I was like 12 and if anything didn't have explosions & fire it was boring. :goof

Flight_740
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
I like drinking beer and watching cars go by at 160 while in the infield.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Milw Mile is ghey! That is the worst track in the world to watch a race imo. Having finally gone to a decent track, my entire perspective on a race changed. I will only go back to MM if the tickets are free.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 11:58 AM
heh ugh, those weren't directed at you directly (huh?) :P
I meant from someone like that , not you.

Gotcha! ;)

97z2801ss
01-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Milw Mile is ghey! That is the worst track in the world to watch a race imo. Having finally gone to a decent track, my entire perspective on a race changed. I will only go back to MM if the tickets are free.

I agree with this statement to the mile is a silly flat track... bristol is ware its at!

nismodave
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM

Why is Milwaukee a BAD track? Because they dont corner as fast as banked tracks?

I have been going to races there since the late 70s when my Dad took pictures for Midwest Racing News. I have seen many great races there. From Foyt vs Allison, to Andretti vs Mears. I can see a very good portion of the track in the stands. And the new Stands I think are a big improvement.

If the racing is boring, blame the Series, not the Milwaukee Mile. It has not been around so long for no reason.

Yooformula
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
I prefer the long tracks with faster corner speeds and more passing abilities. true the seating is very good its too short for my taste, I do agree though that the racing isnt as exciting without the big names of the Cup series.