PDA

View Full Version : Ford to stop minivan production?

d0nut
01-20-2006, 06:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060120/bs_usatoday/fordrestructuringmayendminivans

theavenger333
01-20-2006, 07:09 PM
good call, they've been gettin their butts kicked in that segment for years, kudos, they tried really hard to be the best, kept coming out with new stuff, but it simply wasn't good enough
edit: although now that i think about it, this might suck for budget folks, cause Kia was makin that Van they do off the ford vans, and my uncle got one. pretty nice van, it was really cheap too, suprised me. might suck for the budget families, or in his case, the "i don't use a condom enough" case

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I never was one for the Ford minivans... The last decent one they had was the Aerostar that was based on a true frame with real 4x4... For the FWD minivans I like the Chryslers/Dodges... I've borrowed a few from work to move and do misc errands and they're the nicest I've driven... But I wouldn't drive a minivan, I'd get a Jeep first... Since there's the Commander now... Room for the entire family... Plus it's still a Jeep...

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 07:27 PM
edit: although now that i think about it, this might suck for budget folks, cause Kia was makin that Van they do off the ford vans, and my uncle got one. pretty nice van, it was really cheap too, suprised me. might suck for the budget families, or in his case, the "i don't use a condom enough" case

Don't worry there are MORE than enough decent used ones on the market to go around... :thumbsup Plus in the used ones the Chryslers depreciate fast so you can get a really nice van for cheap... GM Makes a good van too though... Ah, screw it, why am I even talking about minivans... lol I don't drive 'em normally... Plus in the "I don't use a condom enough" case from what I've learned most are young (17-21) so they don't have the scratch for a nice van...

nismodave
01-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Now if they would just stop making V6 Stangs........... :devil

theavenger333
01-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Burn

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Wow, I get burnt and I've even been nice to you Dave... :confused

Now if they would just stop making V6 Stangs........... :devil

EDIT: Hrmmm I guess I did make fun one of that Evo video that ummm that one idiot posted... *scratches head* interesting... I didn't even make fun of the car it was the video shoot... :rolleyes:

nismodave
01-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Wow, I get burnt and I've even been nice to you Dave... :confused

EDIT: Hrmmm I guess I did make fun one of that Evo video that ummm that one idiot posted... *scratches head* interesting... I didn't even make fun of the car it was the video shoot... :rolleyes:

It was a joke man.........no offense.

Man....cant anyone take good natured ribbing anymore?

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 10:19 PM
lol, I know... I figured it out then I was like oh shitty... lol it's all good I was just confused at first... LONG ass day at work...

nismodave
01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
lol, I know... I figured it out then I was like oh shitty... lol it's all good I was just confused at first... LONG ass day at work...

Here....use the chair on me......... :chair:

Slow Joe
01-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Naw dude it's cool... I get to look more like this :durr

theavenger333
01-21-2006, 12:25 AM
It was a joke man.........no offense.

Man....cant anyone take good natured ribbing anymore?
i figured it out..... must be a norfside thing? :thumbsup

BadAzzGTA89
01-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Ford just needs to stop making automobiles all together :nutkick

Slow Joe
01-21-2006, 05:09 PM
i figured it out..... must be a norfside thing? :thumbsup

LMAO naw it's more of a Joe didn't check other posts and was just like wtf... When he was half asleep just getting home from work checking the boards... lol :thumbsup