PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the Ball today

A B4C Z
01-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Bought Sirius Radio today. I love it i was listening to XM at work and thought damn this would be nice. So after work i went to best buy and Pick up a Sirius system because from what i heard it was a better choice and im happy with it.

Slow Joe
01-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Awesome, I've been thinking about one of those for a while, how much are they monthly??

A B4C Z
01-18-2006, 12:11 AM
All on sirius.com but 12.95 i think it is 15.00 activation and you can pay monthly so if you cant afford it or something pops up that you cant pay/dont like it then you dont have to keep a "contract" which is nice. I bought a unit for 79.99 from best buy. I just watned the smallest one i could find.

Rocket Power
01-18-2006, 06:10 AM
I love sat radio now. :headbang The only local stuff I listen to is Bob and Brian and once in a while Belling. I have XM though

0TransAm0
01-18-2006, 07:05 AM
i got the xm2go delphi xm radio for xmas i like it. the service cost 12.95 a month if i remember right.

animal
01-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I just got sirius this month. Love it so far. It's amazing how fast I get annoyed with regular radio now.

I even had a terrestrial-only signal at work for the last two weeks and about a half hour ago it went out. not sure why but I'm just streaming it off the internet now. Only thing that sucks is you can't stream howard :(

That guy is a riot. Never listened to him before but today he dropped the "c" word on rachel hunter haha.

Russ Jerome
01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Not sure of the pro's and cons of XM vs Sirius, I have XM.

My buddy who has Sirius said he did not care for comercials
on Sirius after riding in my comercial free XM car.

Best channel's: XM 150, unedited comedy (blue humor)
XM 74, Bluesville

animal
01-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Sirius has unedited comedy as well. And i haven't noticed ANY commmercials except a couple of things stern endorses or whatever... but that's only on his channel. All the channels I hear are either music or the occasional announcer on each channel telling you about the sirius website, etc. But there's no advertisments typical to the regular FM stations at all. They're I'm sure pretty comparable. If one does it, then you can bet the other will follow shortly after. It's like choosing between ISP's. They all are about the same, but differ in little bits. I'm starting to enjoy stern, so that's one thing that'd keep me where I am now.

Signal at work came back a half hour later btw :banana

My fav channels: 14 - classic vinyl (classic rock) 19 buzzsaw (hard rock) 40 - hip hop nation :)

Russ Jerome
01-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Must be the anouncer's he is talking about, am sure there
both fine options.