PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Pacer FS

d0nut
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
1978 AMC Pacer For Sale.

The car was taken out of storage last summer after sitting for 5 years. It has a 258 CI 6 cylinder engine with an automatic transmission. It had air conditioning at one point but was removed. I have had it running with a remote gas bottle (the tank is filled with varnished fuel). The previous owner rigged up a remote start button under the hood (his son had disconnected something under the dash while installing a stereo). It fired up fine, was quiet and didn't smoke.

The body has a few bad spots but nothing serious. It could be restored or just used as an attention grabbing beater!

The car is located in West Allis and would need to be towed to your location. I would be willing to deliver it a reasonable distance for free.

I'm asking $750 OBO. Everyone needs a Pacer.......

PM me or E mail at SNL68@yahoo.com

awsomeears
01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
So with a gas tank it runs great ?

Anything rotted out ?

How are the break lines ? rusty ?

d0nut
01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
It has some rot on the lower panels in the back but not bad. Ran great with a bottle on it. The breaks worked on it when we rolled it around. The underside was pretty good from what I recall.

Gimme a buzz and you can come look at it.

Sean

So with a gas tank it runs great ?

Anything rotted out ?

How are the break lines ? rusty ?

awsomeears
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll pass, I saw your craigslist.com add and $750 is to much for me :-)

Good luck on the sale tho, that car is Sweet

d0nut
01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Dude, I'm open to offers....... I just need to move it!

Sean

I'll pass, I saw your craigslist.com add and $750 is to much for me :-)

saleenclone
01-17-2006, 05:16 PM
what do you want for it?

d0nut
01-17-2006, 05:17 PM
$750/OBO.

Somehow I missed putting that in the ad. Lemme edit it!

Sean

Memphis
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Paint that bad boy baby blue and crank up the Queen..let the head banging begin!! :headbang

d0nut
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Anyone have a spare 8 track player for it?

I prefer a Craig Super Tuner III (All the old guys here will laugh....)

Sean

Paint that bad boy baby blue and crank up the Queen..let the head banging begin!! :headbang

sloLs1
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Everyone needs a Pacer......

:headbang

theavenger333
01-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Anyone have a spare 8 track player for it?

I prefer a Craig Super Tuner III (All the old guys here will laugh....)

Sean
i'm not old, but i definatly know what that is

awsomeears
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
$200 ?

Al
01-18-2006, 12:08 AM
PM sent, give me a call

HITMAN
01-18-2006, 12:09 AM

I just know I'm going to get a ton of bad reputation points for saying this, but if you really think that a Pacer is a sweet car, then you, sir, have a real taste for S-H-I-T.

It's my personal opinion that the Pacer is, was, and always will be the UGLIEST Domestic car ever made. I hope the designer died/dies in a fire for foisting that hideous POS on the American populous. As for those that purchased Pacers when they were new, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their pubic hair... :alcoholic

Al
01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
You must lack a heart to say such things about such a car.

No empathy for the ugly duckling.

awsomeears
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I just know I'm going to get a ton of bad reputation points for saying this, but if you really think that a Pacer is a sweet car, then you, sir, have a real taste for S-H-I-T.

It's my personal opinion that the Pacer is, was, and always will be the UGLIEST Domestic car ever made. I hope the designer died/dies in a fire for foisting that hideous POS on the American populous. As for those that purchased Pacers when they were new, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their pubic hair... :alcoholic

I totally agree :thumbsup

But the Pacer is still a sweet ass ride :thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-19-2006, 07:28 AM

the Chevette was one heck of a nice look car though :rolf

DRK
01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
If that had the LEVI interior it would be sold.

....and the pontiwreck ASSStec is the ugliest piece ever built.

d0nut
01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
....and the pontiwreck ASSStec is the ugliest piece ever built.

:thumbsup

350-Z28
01-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Man I wouldnt want to drive it daily cause i guarantee she gets crap for mileage, but god that thing would be a riot down on hwy, if i had it i would totally mock all the poorly done rice =P Unfortunately all funds go into fixing current driver and project. Bump for one hella ugly but sweet beater.