PDA

View Full Version : So I bit the bullet and bought a motec

EvolvedRegal
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
During the next few days I will be havin a Motec M800 OEM put in the car and a few maps built for my needs, now granted it will need to be re-tuned in the spring/summer months so I can get the best possible power out of the car. I was going to go with the AEM but decided against it, plus my motec tuner is a good friend of mine and couldn't pass up the deal. Figure the average schmo will pay upwards to 4k for a base m800 system but mine will have everything I want for a mere 2.5k fully mapped.

off topic- below is a shot from Deals Gap in NC, fun road for you street deamons out there, 11 miles of constant switch-backs in all different elevation ranges.

sloLs1
01-09-2006, 09:25 PM
:wooo :drool: :drool: :drool: :wooo

EvolvedRegal
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
sloLs1- if you are interested i will be selling the maftpro when this goes in $350 and it's yours

Prince Valiant
01-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I've been on that road. Too bad it was in a pick-up truck.

Al
01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Deals Gap Vid...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6026077564122428430&q=deals+gap

sloLs1
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
sloLs1- if you are interested i will be selling the maftpro when this goes in $350 and it's yours

so does it do all of these things below??? And if it does i am very intrested! any other EVO parts???

The MAFT Pro can operate in 3 different modes,
MODE 1 - AFC mode, it works just like an AFC it can be installed as is with no other items still using the stock MAF sensor it will give a + or - 60% fuel adjustment over 14 RPM band at 3 different load levels in 1/2% steps. This gives it more capability than other products and room to grow over to more advanced levels, can also use the two things listed below under options

MODE 2 - Translator mode - Mode 2 will allow the use of a GM style MAF sensor like the original MAFT but still give the above tuning options, can also use the two things listed belowunder options

MODE 3 - Full Speed density. This mode will run the car without a MAF sensor at all like the old VPC. It is also fully tunable as in mode 1. To run this mode you will need a GM air temp sensor mounted in the uppipe and a GM or AEM map sensor. We have harnesses available to make installation easy. This mode also give full fuel control based on boost. Can also use the two things listed below under options

Options - There are two options for the MAFT the first is wide band controlled Air/Fuel tracking. With the connection of a wide band like an Innovate LC-1. You can specify a target air/fuel ratio for WOT conditions. The Pro will then monitor a/f ratio and adjust accordingly while going down the track. For example, if I want the car to run at 11.6 to 1 I specify that (I can pick differnet values across the RPM range) while going down the track if the car starts to get lean the Pro will add fuel if it gets rich it will take it away. For meth users it will lean it out while the meth is spraying. This is awesome. The unit is preconfigured for most popular wide band units.

The other option is closed loop boost control. You can add a harness and a solenoid and then specify whetever boost level you like and the Pro keeps it there. There is gain, TPS and other boost related controls as well.

Unit comes with full software and cable to connect to a PC for datalogging and programming if you do not wish to use the front panel buttons.

EvolvedRegal
01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes it does all of that. If you run the speed density it's a little more tricky to tune since you are going to be tuning MAP based and not MAF based anymore.

In 2-3 months I will have my modified TME 16g turbo for sale. The spool is lightning quick, in 2nd gear I can be at 23psi at arounf 3500rpm. It hold boost a lot smoother than the regular 10.5 hotside and flows a lot more air. it has the Ti/Al wheels and shaft. 1k is my asking price, it will come with a tubular header. If you need anything else that you are looking for I can recommend 2 shops to you that have been very good to me. I usually deal with TTP (Scott) and Titan motorsports (Jack).