PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about 300C SRT8's

fireguyrick
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, the wife decided she wants some sort of luxury sporty car. For sometime she has been desiring a E46 M3, but recently she had seen a higher performance 300C (the SRT8). She really likes that car, but I have no clue about this car, and I have even less knowledge about the cars engine (6.1 V8 "hemi").

ANyone have any experience with this car, heard anything about this car, or know anything about the engine? I thought someone here worked at a Chrysler or Dodge dealership.

Thanks

Rick

wikked
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Haven't heard anything negative, not that it's been out that long either.
Alls I know is everyone is soiling their pants over them on all the forums.

SLOWC5
01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
PM 6Lchevelle. Works at wilde dodge. So he's been around them for awhile. I believe they have 2 on the lot. Black one and silver.

been looking myelf:)

JEFF

Prince Valiant
01-08-2006, 09:04 PM
heard anything about this car, or know anything about the engine? I thought someone here worked at a Chrysler or Dodge dealership.
What specifically do you want to know? I mean, I know alot, but I don't know that it's what you want to know about. Performance? Design? Capabilities? Aftermarket? I know all about that kind of stuff...

srt4eh
01-08-2006, 09:27 PM
i want one of those.......so sweet

d0nut
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Give a look at www.Allpar.com They have a bunch of info on them there.

Yooformula
01-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Saweet cars! I've been reading their forums for awhile now too. We have too many kids for a car like that for the wife to drive around in.

UnderPSI
01-08-2006, 10:46 PM
They are really nice cars. Fast too. I heard they run 12.8 stock. They are working on a SRT-8 Magnum at Project Two right now. That car was fast and they are putting a supercharger on it. It should scream then. I know the owner wants to take it to GLD. You can see it at the World of Wheels show.

Prince Valiant
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
They are really nice cars. Fast too. I heard they run 12.8 stock.
fastest bone-stock SRT8 so far has been a 300 at Atco speedway that went 12.57@111mph. Everything was stock right down to the paper filter.

STKMACH
01-10-2006, 02:49 AM
Haven't heard anything negative, not that it's been out that long either.
Alls I know is everyone is soiling their pants over them on all the forums. Soiling their pants on a 4 door? JMO they should of made it a 2 door. Still A nice looking car though.

6L chevelle
01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
SRT-8 are great cars, but most are already sold, i believe the ones we had lasted all of 3 days on the lot.

only real problems I've seen are computer "Bus" type, the trans are real strong, rear axel is the larger and better one on the Srt-8, and the new hemi we haven't seen problems with yet.

I recommend the SRT-8 highly

-Adam

Flight_740
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I say stick with the M3 :thumbsup

junk mx6 no rly
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Soiling their pants on a 4 door? JMO they should of made it a 2 door. Still A nice looking car though.

4 door but it runs better than a 13 lol :devil :alcoholic

floaters
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
46000$ the one at hub

Al
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I read an article where the SRT8 was compared to a Rolls Royce or Bently. Simply put, the car beat it in every category except price.

Crawlin
01-10-2006, 01:48 PM
CTS-V :) my choice

not knocking the mopar of course, just you like what you grow up with :)

STKMACH
01-10-2006, 02:49 PM
4 door but it runs better than a 13 lol :devil :alcoholic Im impressed with their times they can run, Im just not a fan of a 4 door car.

fireguyrick
01-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Bought a 300C the other day. Did not want to pony up the cash to cover the mark up on the SRT8. Guess that means I will just have to buy a GS motorsports supercharger kit. Will have pictures later. Thanks for all the help offered.

Rick

UnderPSI
01-11-2006, 02:44 AM
That is the supercharger kit that Project Two is putting in the SRT-8 Magnum. Looks like a well put together kit. The instructions could use some help though.

Poncho
01-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I read an article where the SRT8 was compared to a Rolls Royce or Bently. Simply put, the car beat it in every category except price.

I also watched Top Gear where they pitted a Jag v.s. a '04 Monaro (same as 5.7 GTO) and a regular 300C. It came in last, by far. They said the power was good, but the handling and brakes are complete garbage, I'm assuming thought the SRT took care of both. It looks nice, but if I'm putting in somewhere in the upper 40 to 50k range, I'd rather find myself in a CTS-V. The biggest point on Top Gear was the amazing price for what you get.

heres the video. if you can't see it now, wait a few minutes, it's uploading as I type.

http://www.nconnect.net/~ob/topgearmonaro2.wmv

banana trans
01-13-2006, 01:31 PM
That is the supercharger kit that Project Two is putting in the SRT-8 Magnum. Looks like a well put together kit. The instructions could use some help though.

Glad to hear interest in the superchargerkits, Big 3 Performance just bought exclusive rights to sell and install GS Motorsports merchandise in the entire state of WI. Also, the intructions are just fine, and it also helps to be a dealer of the product you are trying to sell for any tech support you may need. :shades Come see our display at the World of Wheels car show. Also the other exclusive surprize we hid up our sleeve till now, state wide. Fireguyrick, if you are interested stop down and see our display at the show .

Yooformula
01-13-2006, 01:34 PM
The Project Two Srt8 Magnum is fuggin awesome!!!! The superchager kit looks great!

Irish
01-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear interest in the superchargerkits, Big 3 Performance just bought exclusive rights to sell and install GS Motorsports merchandise in the entire state of WI. Also, the intructions are just fine, and it also helps to be a dealer of the product you are trying to sell for any tech support you may need. :shades Come see our display at the World of Wheels car show. Also the other exclusive surprize we hid up our sleeve till now, state wide. Fireguyrick, if you are interested stop down and see our display at the show .

Dude, you don't have exclusive rights to sh!t!! Take your piece of sh!t primered neon and stick it in your arse. Nobody likes you, everyone thinks that you and the company you work for are a JOKE!!!!! Every car conversation that I have with someone I try to work in a Joke about Big3.
By the way I hope that your taxes are in order for 05' ya never know you might just get audited by the IRS.

Cryptic
01-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I've yet to hear a positive review on Big 3. Frankly I do my own wrenching anyway.

fireguyrick
01-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Decided against the Supercharger. It does not appear that any sort of engine managment is available yet. As soon as there is though, I am going to have some custom fabrication done. Dual gt35r turbos perhaps?

Rick

Yooformula
01-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Decided against the Supercharger. It does not appear that any sort of engine managment is available yet. As soon as there is though, I am going to have some custom fabrication done. Dual gt35r turbos perhaps?

Rick

Thats great but how about some pics for now Rick....specs, Hemi?, color, details man, come on! :confused

fireguyrick
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry. Yea, totally forgot about that.

It is the 5.7 Hemi RWD. Black, with the tanish interior. Upgraded sound, Rear seat DVD, Sirius Sat Radio, GPS Nav., all the other little bells and whistles too.
Oh yeah, a trunk that can carry 6 bodies without cutting them up.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1480.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1479.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1478.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1483.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1484.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/geminair/IMG_1481.jpg

Rick

Yooformula
01-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Thats fuggin tight!! q

UnderPSI
01-15-2006, 09:07 PM
That looks sweet! I love the metal flake in the paint it looks sweet when the light hits it. The GS Motorsports kit that Project Two sells comes with a piggyback fuel management system. I am sure Kevin (the owner) would take you for a ride or show you the install. Good luck. :thumbsup